New announcement.. "the year of we ain"t doing nothing.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxodizer

I got fatigued from laughing while reading the backlash at this guy. I just wanted to put one other thing out there, and someone else may have said it and I missed it, but the "Michael Eisner School" seems to be not all to bad. I mean WDW did open 3 gates (DHS, AK,and BB) under his watch as well as a ton of rides and other experiences. I won't defend his whole legacy, but I can say that much of what WDW has to offer today was positively impacted under Eisner's watch.

MKCP 1985

HOW OLD ARE YOU? what was YOU AGE in 1971? WHERE YOU THERE the year the Park opened?

I am 54.. I was 14 when the park opened. probably 15 by the time that we came..

maybe, just maybe, I saw things THAT YOU DID NOT SEE. even the guy who wrote the book on the Jungle cruise WAS NOT IN THE PARK when it opened.

and OTHER POSTERS as well, have stated the exact same thing as I have..

so Unless you were BORN back in the day.. WAS THERE IN THE DAY.. I suggest that you keep your limited thoughts to your self..

:ROFLOL:

Only 54 year olds from Wisconsin who visited the Magic Kingdom in 1971 are allowed to comment on King Louie's presence or absence from the Jungle Cruise - okay, got it! Everyone else, including book authors on Disney park history must remain silent and understand their knowledge/memory/information is inferior. :wave:

:ROFLOL:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
HOW OLD ARE YOU? what was YOU AGE in 1971? WHERE YOU THERE the year the Park opened?

maybe, just maybe, I saw things THAT YOU DID NOT SEE. even the guy who wrote the book on the Jungle cruise WAS NOT IN THE PARK when it opened.

so Unless you were BORN back in the day.. WAS THERE IN THE DAY.. I suggest that you keep your limited thoughts to your self..
You know that they have a name for that and several very effective treatments for it as well.

:lookaroun

jmmc

I think I may have been more reacting to these kinds of posts in general. Some I've seen are much more cynical. But there have been a number of new rides in past years, some better than others. I feel like the recent changes made to Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are at least showing some signs of wanting to keep up the classic rides in addition to adding some new attractions.

My main point here is, saying that Disney is currently doing "nothing" is too much of an exaggeration. There may not be one, big, specific addition like Harry Potter, but they aren't doing nothing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the bottom line is this. Universal shot first.. with major attraction that has seemed to turn their corner.. and when they announce the expansion of Harry Potter Land,, its going to be a double wammy..

You ALL ADMIT, that Disney has two parks that ARE NOT EVEN COMPLETE, in Animal Kingdom and in MGM.. IF Disney , JUST ANNOUNCED two true E TICKET RIDES, one for each Park, it would be a major Help..

and just remember, you are only really gaining "one ride " in Fantasy Land.. because , from what I understand , Disney is going to close the other Snow White ride.. for what reason , I cannot understand.. why can't you have two Snow White rides? its paid for.. its not costing you anything.. its low end..

So again.. besides the UPGRADES.. and what Disney considers "upgrades" isn't always the case..

case in point.. Main street.. Before. a true Magic store.. various, actual stores that had a purpose and a theme.. now its one large store from end to end.. that's not an upgrade..

or a new q or shopping area for HAUNTED MANSION.. oh boy.. a NEW Q.. come on.. or here buy this or that.. that's not an improvement..

Look.. Macy's changed.. Gimbals did not.. Schusters DID NOT.. Gimbals bought Schusters.. and MACY's Bought GIMBALS.. just because you are big,
it doesn't mean that you are too big to FAIL..

so rip me any way that YOU WANT.. come up with my spelling, or anything THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT..

its like this girl who we met yesterday.. She bar tends at a bar in LaCrosse. the Mirage.. oh.. I said it used to be the Pink Cadillac.. with a car front out side of the building.. Oh it was NEVER LIKE THAT SHE SAID.. well guess what,, 10 15 years ago.. YES IT WAS.. you were 5 or 6 at the time.. I was 40.

so just because YOU WEREN"T THERE.. it doesn't mean that I did not see it..

that's like how the pirates song and themes have changed.. the PIRATES chased the women back then.. and women were put in low esteem.. the ride doesn't have as much of THAT STUFF NOW..

or the original Aladin song.. trust me, ,its not the song you got in the VIDEO TAPE.. NOT EVEN CLOSE.. a whole section changed..

oh and you should be able to look both of those up.. easily
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Sins_of_Memory

musketeer

Dude...seriously. You are remembering things differently. 1971 was 40 YEARS AGO!!!! Every single piece of information contradicts what you are saying. No where will you find supporting evidence to your memory. A 14 year old has a brain that is far from fully developed. You are confusing two separate places.

But whatever, until we can use the flex capacitor to go back to prove it, the "debate" will continue.

Jane Doe

I would hardly say nothing is happening. Outside of California Adventure, I don't think there is any US resort that is getting anywhere near the additions of WDW.

Just off the top of my head
Star Tours II
New Haunted Mansion queue and Hitchhiking Ghosts scene
Magic, Memories and You
Town Square Theater
Complete refurb of all Main Street Exteriors
Wild Africa Trek
New Tiki room

2012 - 2013
New Dumbo
Little Mermaid
Snow White coaster
New Fantasyland restaurants and place-making
Art of Animation Resort

+ whatever else will be announced, which is likely.

roman-aqueduct-segovia-segaq3.jpg

I can't believe that pool hopping and resort mug threads get closed immediately and yet this thread, which has devolved into not much more than personal attacks on another poster (although I'm certainly not endorsing his view point), is allowed to remain open.

Shame on you, Steve.

WDWmazprty

I can't believe that pool hopping and resort mug threads get closed immediately and yet this thread, which has devolved into not much more than personal attacks on another poster (although I'm certainly not endorsing his view point), is allowed to remain open.

Shame on you, Steve.

:eek:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
this guy is crazy.
I have considered that possibility and while there is a good chance you are correct I will still go with the chance that he is just stubborn. Stubborn can be fixed, crazy on the other hand usually can not.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Shame on you, Steve.
Those threads are insanely boring.

This thread is funny, insanely.

Prototype82

Sounds like an exciting year! I'm looking forward to enjoying exciting cultural festivities at World Showcase like authentic Mexican meet and greets with Donald Duck! Seriously though...Some exciting projects have been happening.

Pioneer Hall

Shame on you, Steve.

Long holiday weekend and many of us were not around. But, let's not forget that while we try hard to keep everything civil here there are only a few of us and a lot of members and threads. This isn't a job for any of us, and it is an enjoyable activity just like posting on these boards as a member. If you see something you don't like, the best thing to do is report it so we get alerted that it is a problem. That has not happened in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom