Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

jmicro59

Hi All,
I apologize for not updating here sooner but work and family are important too. :) I did get my phone call late Monday (08/06/07) like I was promised. I spoke to Steven Aultz again and he gave me some interesting bits of information. First, that phone number I was given, I am to use whenever I have this issue again and supposedly the person on the other end of the phone will place me on hold contact the park/resort directly and while I am on hold some action will be taken and the issue will be addressed before I hang up. I don’t really see how this could happen but what do I have to lose here? I mean if this doesn’t work I will just start the same campaign all over again after my next trip. We spoke about a few other things in detail but I don’t want to put anybody to sleep with that conversation and he did credit back my DVC account with the points that I had used for my stay. I would have refused this had I known this was going to happen but Steve didn’t ask me if I wanted it he just had the points returned to my account. I did let Steve know that I would be pleasantly surprised if this actually gets setup and works and he assured me that it would. It almost makes me want to hop on a plane and test it out. :lol:

Upvote 0

jmicro59

First of all, let me congratulate and thank you for your courage and your persistence. Don't give up.

Might I suggest you also contact papers near Disney properties as well? Just a thought.

Thanks King. I did attempt to contact a few of hte news papers down there but none called me back. Which I found strange as they usually jump all over any stories that paint WDW in a sour light. :shrug:

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
We have stayed before at the value and never ran into this. I rather stay there have more money for fun and food. This way we can stay longer. We are never in the room except to sleep and change. We find the pool to be fine and everything else. But this time we were treated unfairly. I love going to Disney. It is cheaper for us to go and stay at a value then go down to the New Jersey shore. There is more to do etc. If you have alot of money and can go to the Deluxe rooms great, but in our case we can't. My husband is disabled and this is something we do for our daughter.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
Hi Everyone, Well it is now 8/11 and still no response from Disney. I thought by now something. Yes, they did send me an email saying someone would contact me by 8/15. Well let's just hope.

Upvote 0

Erika

Just a general reminder, post-housecleaning-- please don't stereotype other people based on which resorts they can afford or where they prefer to stay. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just a general reminder, post-housecleaning-- please don't stereotype other people based on which resorts they can afford or where they prefer to stay. Thanks :)

Very true. Some people realize that its just a place to sleep, very little time at WDW is actually spent in your room while awake!

Some people scrimp and save to stay at a Deluxe, while some people, that live in the lap of luxury, stay at a Value, as they know the meaning of frugality!

I've stayed at a Deluxe, a Moderate, a Value, and off-site. The sleep was the same. The pools varied.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Maryssa*

you know, its not just the value resorts that get the brazillian tour kids. ive seen them fill the polynesian to the brim. that was the absolute worst ever. that was many years ago though, i wonder if they put in some kind of rules against them staying at the nicer resorts? my family has put in many, many complaints about the behavior of these groups in teh past and i have no idea what has come of it since it has been a very long time since we have gone in july.

Upvote 0

Maryssa*

in the parks they have their group of 50 punk kids and ONE person waits in line then the other 49 cut in front of everybody all the way to the front
sorry to double post, but i observe this all the time. when we alert it to CMs, they never do anything. they really should be ejected from the parks.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
Iam waiting to see what they have to say. I am supposed to hear from them this week. I just think they should be more considerate to the little guy. It probably doesn't matter if they lose the little guy.

Upvote 0

lunarsquid

Several years ago I worked at the largest (at the time) hotel/resort east of the Mississippi... and every year at Christmas we had the equivalent of the Brazilian groups, except it was hundreds of grouchy old people...
We hated it, management hated it... everyone hated it.
So why did they keep doing it? Because the CEO's and Execs in the Corporate offices just saw the bottom line at the end of the fiscal year. They never saw the horrible state the hotel would be in, they never heard the endless complaints from other hotel guests (and the old people themselves. The one good thing about the Brazilians is that they don't complain about the other Brazilians... not so with old people. :ROFLOL:)

My point is, the only thing that would ever have gotten Corporate's attention is the same thing that several other people have suggested: BAD PRESS!

I -strongly- encourage everyone who has had their vacations ruined to threaten, and follow up with, contacing the media. Or, making videos of the bad behavior and see that a news channel in Orlando sees it. Or better yet, make sure the Execs in Burbank see it. THAT will get someone's attention, I guarantee it.

Maybe we could start an online petition to ban Brazilian tour groups... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
I really don't think it is up to us as aguest that we should have to put up with this. They know they are coming so they should have more security on. The CM's should be alerted and be able to deal with this. Our vacation was spoiled not only because of the Brazilians but other things. No phone keys didn't work, locked out for 45 minutes and etc. I had to use my cell phone to make calls. Also we had English speaking classes next to us on either side the whole time. So when they say come back to your room for an afternoon nap forget it.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If people have this much of a problem at the Value resorts during the summer because they are value and "it attracts them there kindsa people" just imagine the poor soles staying over at Fort Wilderness and all them people in those travel trailers. Must be WW3 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom