Never in July at AS Music

:mad: :brick: When I tell yoy vacation from H___ I mean it. We were awake every night all night. We had 641 kids from Brazil in our building. They played soccer all night down in front of Broadway. Skinny dipping, running through the food court knocking people down. Screaming and yelling when they came back from the parks and buying egga God only knows where and having egg fights. From the time we checked 7/13 till the day we left 7/22 it was constant. We called security on our cell phone because our phone never worked in our room the whole time. Called about that and they finally had a guy come the last day and he couldn't fix it. Finally to top everything one night our room keys didn't work. We were locked out 45 minutes until engineering showed up. I went to the front desk after enough is enough and complained and do you know they just wanted to give me fast passes to the park. We told them no and we should get something better than that. They finally gave us 2 nights back on my credit card. They knew this when we checked in because other people already had complained. Can anyone top this.:cry:

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
You know it really is a shame. People like us who love to go Disney who work hard can't afford anything but value should be subjected to this. Why did they build the value resorts then? When they book them they sould put they all in one resort. There is enough of them to fill an AS.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not with large tour groups, but they have their own set of issues.

The point of my post was that if the a guests negative experience is directly corrolated with the value of the resort monetarily, then Ft Wilderness must be a war zone.
Well if it anything like the camping I did when I was in the boy scouts......:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You know it really is a shame. People like us who love to go Disney who work hard can't afford anything but value should be subjected to this. Why did they build the value resorts then? When they book them they sould put they all in one resort. There is enough of them to fill an AS.

I dont think you need to worry long term about this issue. I truley believe that if there are a significant number of people complaining, and I am confident there are, that Disney will do better about corraling these hooligans in on general area. I would love to see Disney keep them at one resort, have their own transportation seperate from everyone else, and keep tighter control over them at the parks.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think I posted this in another thread about tour groups, but my idea is that Disney should charge extra for groups that stay together in a pack.

Think about city ordinances... you have to have a permit to assemble and or parade.

Same principle.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I think I posted this in another thread about tour groups, but my idea is that Disney should charge extra for groups that stay together in a pack.

Think about city ordinances... you have to have a permit to assemble and or parade.

Same principle.
and clap?

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

One of the main issues seems to be going to WDW in July.
Don't go in July. Ever. No way, no how.

If you can, also avoid the last week in June and the first week in August.
Good luck.

:)

Upvote 0

disneybonbon

That's the only time we can go. My husband's work closes the 2nd week.

When they contact you, I would consider mentioning this thread. I would also mention that it's very disappointing that a lot of people feel that the only option is to not go during July, why you can't do that, and that you shouldn't have to. You might want to write down everything that happened so that you can refer to it, particularly that your daughter got knocked down and that your husband had to tolerate this nonsense all day.

I really hope this gets resolved for you -- it's sad to see those who really enjoy it, look forward to going, and appreciate the experience have it ruined by people who have no regard for anything or anyone but themselves. I'd have trouble remembering the good times if this had happened to me, and it seems like you're becoming disenchanted not only with this particular experience but the whole Disney package.

I'd also like to suggest to those who had some recent experiences that hadn't yet brought it to Disney's attention to consider contacting them. And not just because I'm staying at All Stars Music in October. :animwink: It sounds like Disney is perhaps finally doing something, and I certainly hope that's true.

Upvote 0

cheezedoodle20

Original Poster
I appreciate what you have to say. I received an email 8/3 from Disney saying that someone will be in contact with me by the 15th. Well tomorrow is the 15th, I guess we will see.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

you know, its not just the value resorts that get the brazillian tour kids. ive seen them fill the polynesian to the brim. that was the absolute worst ever. that was many years ago though, i wonder if they put in some kind of rules against them staying at the nicer resorts? my family has put in many, many complaints about the behavior of these groups in teh past and i have no idea what has come of it since it has been a very long time since we have gone in july.

At the Polynesian? There is no way I would tolerate that as a guest.
I would make myself the biggest PIA on the planet to the management.
There is just no way that WDW staff, management, even CMs with big goofy heads on can say they don't see how horrible these people are.

What are they afraid of? Is there a Brazilian Mafia? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

When they contact you, I would consider mentioning this thread. I would also mention that it's very disappointing that a lot of people feel that the only option is to not go during July, why you can't do that, and that you shouldn't have to. You might want to write down everything that happened so that you can refer to it, particularly that your daughter got knocked down and that your husband had to tolerate this nonsense all day.

Good ideas. I would also suggest knowing exactly what you want Disney to do, and telling them. Do you want a refund - if so, exactly how much? 50%? 75%? Do you just want them to deal with the groups better in the future? Then don't expect a refund. Simply put - be explicit. If you leave it up to them and expect them to come up with something that "wows" you, you're just asking to be disappointed....

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Good ideas. I would also suggest knowing exactly what you want Disney to do, and telling them. Do you want a refund - if so, exactly how much? 50%? 75%? Do you just want them to deal with the groups better in the future? Then don't expect a refund. Simply put - be explicit. If you leave it up to them and expect them to come up with something that "wows" you, you're just asking to be disappointed....

I can tell you that if you go in asking for stuff, whoever you talk to is going to think you are out to get something for nothing. If you approach it as "too many more trips like this one is going to result in no more trips" you are likely to get something more valuable than a free night, which is reduced impact by tour groups....which is what you are ultimately after.

Upvote 0

wulfgeat

At the risk of messing up a serious thread.

Is there really a problem with skinny dipping??

I wonder if Disney gets more money from these kids than they get from the American families that book the same valus resorts? If that is the case, it will be difficult to get them to change. Also, how many people book the value resorts for this time not knowing any better? Bet they can fill it up every year, because I bet for every person that does serious research before there are 4 that just go for it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom