Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

bluejasmine

I have 3 never again places!
1) BC-put us in a dirty room(this is CL too) and a balcony with trash all over it and covered in spiders! Went to CL desk ask them to pls have room cleaned left for EP, this is 11 am, came back that night a little after 11 pm, it was never cleaned! Called down asked for a manager, she called back and proceeded to ARGUE with DH, all we wanted was to be moved! Manager tells us, since we are checking out tomorrow she wasn't moving us, she just sent a maid to clean and remake the beds??? We both were so ticked off and we left at first light the next morning! On the way out we took pics of the spider webs everywhere and dirt, took pic of how dirty and dingy the hallways were.. This is uncalled for at any resort but CL just makes me MAD!

2) CBR just too spread out for us, I mean geez you gotta take a internal bus to get to the food court and main pool!

3) AKL-checked in, all excited had booked a Arusha Savannah view with bunkbeds (DS 17, DD15) got up to room , no bunk beds.. Called down lady got rude saying we didn't book that and we weren't getting it. We took our documents from DTC, went down to desk showed them and they apologized and moved us to a Arusha Room with bunk beds.. Resort is really cool, some parts very pretty but it was also very confusing! We walked around for like 30 mins trying to find Mara the first time! lol Wasn't real thrilled with the POO smell in the mornings but I know its to be expected where animals are. Just wasn't for us..So never again..

sgtmgd

Leave it to Hatter to invoke an interesting thread!
OK Ill never ever stay at Hollywood and Vine......oh wrong thread but you get the point.

Resorts at Disney are far ranging and if you go enough you are bound to get a bad experience at some point. How to mitigate these require planning and forsight and even then Disney is Human and Murphey's Law can apply.

I wouldnt ever willingly stay at a value resort..plain and simple that seems to be a very "spring break" type atmosphere lots of kids..tour groups, sports teams, rooms that are spartan and often abused by the folks that stay there. (No not all folks that stay in these resorts fall into that group)

Moderates better rooms BUT you can also be a ways from anything..Coronado has one of the best themed pools in all of Disney IMO and the grounds are beautiful but the room was just OK and had a good walk to the lobby/food places. Port Orleans we had a King Room River view..all the King rooms are corner rooms which was nice but river view requires walking a good distance.. the rooms were ok.. I would'nt say never again to either one..you are just as apt to catch tour groups, sports teams at Moderates..not nearly as much as the values however.

Deluxe Resorts..these are also not infallable Poly and Contemporary are very old hotels..both opened with or near the opening in 1973. I have been in the poly 3 times in the last 2 years to eat..it is still a beautiful hotel..but it does show its age. Same can be said of the Contemporary..(not my favorite but nostalgia it provides) Grand Floridian is too grandiose for me..Id stay there for convenience sake..the Monorail stops at these 3 resorts are a great convenience and fun but not my driving factor..

Yacht and Beach Club My one experience at the Yacht Club was fantastic..waterview room very well maintained..loved the theme and discovered the Yachtsman Steakhouse my all time favorite resaurant on property. I also love the Stormalong Bay..a great pool and beach atmosphere. I also enjoyeds the ability to walk tp Epcot and DHS or catch a boat..

Boardwalk..our alltime favorite..love the atmosphere and location..sits right across from Yacht and Beach club so lots of food places and shoping venues..love the rooms..Balcony/Waterview over the Boardwalk at sunrise/sunset are divine

AKL Ill stay there in September Kidani Village 2 beadroom Villa Savannah view..It was a heard choice as Id much preffered a Boardwalk 2 beadroom villa but there was'nt any available..So this will be a new experince

One things for sure Ive never had issues with sports teams or brazillian or any other tour groups at the deluxe some stay there but by and large have behaved themselves..the rooms comfort levels at the Deluxe resorts dwarf the Valus and Mods..the beds in particular age a world apart..

Im glad Disney uses has the Values as it affords a great oppertunity for families that would never be able to afford Disney trips..I just wouldnt ever willingly stay there

Violet

WDW has done a great job branding their lodging as Values, Mods and Deluxes. But the Deluxes aren't five-star by any means, and the Values are motels. Which is fine. My point is just that there is some expert marketing going on here.

woodardfamily

I have stayed on property only twice, Pop and CBR. Both were not what I expected. Overpriced, musty, dusty, broken appointments in the rooms are simply not a reflection of what Disney hypes them to be. Therefore, I cannot justify staying at a more expensive deluxe resort. I would rather take my money and stay at a 4 star hotel for a third of the price it would cost per night at a value resort.

Violet

I have stayed on property only twice, Pop and CBR. Both were not what I expected. Overpriced, musty, dusty, broken appointments in the rooms are simply not a reflection of what Disney hypes them to be. Therefore, I cannot justify staying at a more expensive deluxe resort. I would rather take my money and stay at a 4 star hotel for a third of the price it would cost per night at a value resort.

We'll see how this next trip goes, but I'm definitely getting to the point that I'm going to start looking into off-site.

Chrononymous

When Coronado Springs first opened, we stayed there for it's grand opening week.

There were a lot of things that were not working properly (toilets, in room coffee pot and the food court that's not a food court) and some problems getting around (the land bridge to the pool area was blocked by rude landscapers) it also had two conventions and was ridiculously crowded in a not so good way.

We complained. Said we were never ever ever going to go back there! Ever. (Disney heard us and gave us vouchers good for a returning stay, you knopw...in case "Never" came around)

Needless to say, the next three times we stayed there it was pretty wonderful! All the issues had been worked out.

Never say Never!

Soarin2u

WDW has done a great job branding their lodging as Values, Mods and Deluxes. But the Deluxes aren't five-star by any means, and the Values are motels. Which is fine. My point is just that there is some expert marketing going on here.
We'll see how this next trip goes, but I'm definitely getting to the point that I'm going to start looking into off-site.

How many times have you've been? Can I hear your stories, before I try to convince you to stay on property? It's just that Disney loses its magic when you aren't there 100% :D

danpam1024

I agree-the rooms are NOT what you pay for. Last 2 trips have been off site (overnight trips) WAY nicer hotels for a lot less. Since we weren't staying long it didn't lose any "magic". Any the older I get, the less inclined I am to dump my hard earned cash on a room that's meh. We rarely take advantage of EMH, don't use the boats or buses (we use taxis) so there really isn't much we can attribute to paying those prices- especially if we can get a club level room with Hyatt or Hilton (and earn reward points). All that said, if I get a room discount, I love staying at BW or POFQ for the nostalgia :D

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Wow! Really surprised on some reports here on various resorts.I must be lucky as in my 5 vacations,Ive never encountered any problems with the resorts,pools,rooms,food courts,etc.I did however meet an American family in Riverside food court back in 2008 who were complaining about everything,from the resort being far too big & confusing :confused: The water in the small pools was too cold. ( this was in July and we loved dipping in to keep cool ) . Then there was the complaint about the boat to downtown Disney having to stop at FQ to pick up more residents. :eek: I kept nodding my head saying " Yeah I understand " But it would have to be a major problem to make me upset when on vacation..Example..@figmentfan423 not buying her round at the bar..:mad: Now that's a major problem.;)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I don't know that one bad experience at a particular resort, where the majority of other guests have given good reviews, would cause me to completely eliminate the possibility of ever staying there again. Any resort can have an off day.

I guess we're lucky, but we've never had a bad experience at any of the on-site resorts. We've stayed at AS Movies, Pop, Contemp, AKL, WL and there are none I would just say "never again" about - in fact quite the opposite. It's unlikely that we will stay at an All Star again, just because Pop is superior IMO. We also would never stay at any value during certain busy times of the year.

It's well known that the Disney deluxe resort rooms aren't on par with non-disney luxury hotels, but that's not what you're paying for. We only stay at deluxe when we get a significant discount, as the rack rates are obscene, but they have been well worth what we have paid each time (so far). We'll probably venture off-site at some point, but we enjoy the bubble too much right now!

hiptwinmama

We were actually really disappointed with BWV in Feb. There was a lack of quick service, specially breakfast. The bakery and pool were under construction. Not to mention the super long walk to get to our room. The bathroom was old and in desperate need of some TLC (cracked tiles and such). All of the "activity" on the boardwalk was over by the time we got back to the hotel each night. For my family, it didn't live up to the hype. I know it is a fan fave, which is why we chose it but over all I wasn't impressed. Next trip will be BCV. We spent some time over there and liked it much better.

Never again... All Star Movies, our room was a dump. Dingy and dirty, even the drawers on the dresser were broken. The room was so small that we were tripping over each other. Thin walls and noisy neighbors.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We were actually really disappointed with BWV in Feb. There was a lack of quick service, specially breakfast. The bakery and pool were under construction. Not to mention the super long walk to get to our room. The bathroom was old and in desperate need of some TLC (cracked tiles and such). All of the "activity" on the boardwalk was over by the time we got back to the hotel each night. For my family, it didn't live up to the hype. I know it is a fan fave, which is why we chose it but over all I wasn't impressed. Next trip will be BCV. We spent some time over there and liked it much better.

Never again... All Star Movies, our room was a dump. Dingy and dirty, even the drawers on the dresser were broken. The room was so small that we were tripping over each other. Thin walls and noisy neighbors.
Wow! Ive often read about the thin walls at value resorts..One wonders if the new value AoA has thicker walls.??? Anybody been there and care to comment.?

bebert

Never had any bad experiences, we just have certain preferences. Coronado Springs and CBR are just too big and we spend time just walking around the resort just to swim or eat. Stayed at a All Star Movie in 2011 and was not surprised it was a little rundown and small but, we also were expecting that. We expect the resort to be crowded and somewhat noisy at times so I guess we are not surprised if it is. PORFQ is by far our favorite and we probably will stay there until we want to spend the extra money at stay at The Cabins, AKL or WL.
As long as the room is 90% clean and free of bugs, I really dont complain. I am usually too excited and pumped to be at WDW to complain!:)

Vader2112

Good Morning Folks..After some interesting thoughts on the GF. I was wondering. Have you ever stayed at a Disney resort that didn't live up to your expectations,and you swore never to stay there again..Having only stayed at three mods..CBR....POFQ...and PORS....I loved all of them tho my heart belongs to Riverside. But I'am curious ( as ever ) if anyone has had a "not so magical time" at a resort.?:(
Yes The first and only time I stayed at CBR. Was very disappointed with the room, distance to get to Port Royale and the main pool. I did enjoy the walking trails around the lake however. Room was tiny and it was before remodel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom