Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

NiarrNDisney

As I have said on many threads "I will never stay at a All Star resort ever again" for these reason's:

I do not care for the theme's
The "Teen" groups seem to always stay there (need I say more)
I am not a fan of the cafeteria's
There is little to do besides stay in your room or swim during your offtime

If I had to stay at one (Like if all the other resorts were both closed due to contamination issues or I couldn't get a room elsewhere) I guess it would be the All Star Movies since it's the least obnoxious to me.

hiptwinmama

As I have said on many threads "I will never stay at a All Star resort ever again" for these reason's:

I do not care for the theme's
The "Teen" groups seem to always stay there (need I say more)
I am not a fan of the cafeteria's
There is little to do besides stay in your room or swim during your offtime

If I had to stay at one (Like if all the other resorts were both closed due to contamination issues or I couldn't get a room elsewhere) I guess it would be the All Star Movies since it's the least obnoxious to me.
Ditto

StarWarsGirl

I used to love Polynesian. Then I went to Aulani and the real Hawaii.

All better.

The only other one is Pop Century. We only stayed there for one night. I am not sharing what happened exactly, but let's just say it involved my brother (who was 5 at the time) my father, a bathroom, and an idiot who did not fully grasp the concept of where you do your business. We can't bring ourselves to go back. I'll stay at All-Star if I have to stay at a value

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Never been there but i don't think i could bring myself to stay at either the dolphin or GF.
1.Because there is no way i could stay at somewhere that calls itself the Dolphin yet has a large trout parked on the roof.
2.Because i would feel so out of place in such a posh hotel.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Never been there but i don't think i could bring myself to stay at either the dolphin or GF.
1.Because there is no way i could stay at somewhere that calls itself the Dolphin yet has a large trout parked on the roof.
Whoa! Watch what you say about the GF being too posh for you..Read response #89 on my thread " Is the Grand too Grand " under Resorts...:(:oops:

Bethypoo

I have always been a fan of the BC, but was a bit disappointed this time. I liked the POFQ so much more(never thought I'd say that). The staff was attentive and warm and I loved the food court. The Marketplace at BC is very small and crowded in the mornings. Also, the BC is very strict about closing down the pool area at 10pm. There were people at FQ in the hot tub and pool after 10. On some days that was the only time of day I could enjoy the pool area. Also at BC there was no full-length mirror, the furniture and carpet were worn and I didn't like having a room right above the lobby. I wonder what I paid so much for. The walk to Epcot? I'd rather wait a few minutes at FQ for the bus service(which I did not find to be inconvenient). My new favorite is POFQ.

jeffk410

I really have not had a bad on-site stay yet. I have stayed at PORS, CBR, Coronado, WL, AKL, OKW, Swan and Dolphin. Out of all of these, I doubt I will stay at CBR again. Although we really didn't haveayed at the any issues with it at all!

Epicpilot

I have stayed at Poly (6 times) WL (1 time) and BC though it was for a company meeting for 1 day and I do not even remember, I only know I went because of the paperwork I have. I first went to WDW at the BC for business and it got me interested in WDW and it started my obsession with WDW. I went to Poly because that was the hotel my family went to since the my family went since WDW opened. We tried WL once and though it was a gret hotel we just could not stand the 30 min ride to anywhere in WDW except for MK where we had to take a crowded boat. The other real problem was at 7 am in the morning you would be woken up by the super loud boat horn. The poly is just perfect to me with all the transport options and the relaxing atmosphere of the poly.

kasey1988

I have never had a bad stay that would make me say "never again". I have stayed at carribean beach, all star music, all star movies and port orleans FQ. However, port orleans has topped my list. I would be open to staying at carribean beach again. I have found more negatives at the values (no sit down resturant, more children then at mods and slow busses), but once I have children I may change my mind, but definitely no situation that has made me say "never again".

nolatron

We stayed at the POP for 1 night this past February and that was enough for us. Was overcrowded and noisy from international, cheer, teams, high school band, etc... groups, was impossible to find 3 seats for breakfast at the food court, luggage misplaced a boxed cake I left with them and after 25+ mins of searching while my family waited in the car so we could leave they didn't even apologize for their screwup, room seemed pretty far off from main lobby, and we simply didn't care for the themeing.

bubbles1812

Random fact, but that isn't a trout on top though I totally get where you are coming from. The Dolphin is a reference to the "nautical dolphin" that you see drawn on old sailor's maps. It was never meant to be a reference to the actual animal.

Also, the dolphin is a really great hotel. It seems fancy but I promise you, you wouldn't feel out of place. I was honestly shocked how much I enjoyed being there in February. It's a deluxe without the stupidly high prices Disney charges you with all the perks that matter. :)

Anyways... I've never truly had a bad experience per se but I avoid the values, all of them, at all costs. The crowds, noise, ickyness of the food courts, and the bajillion tour groups/cheer groups/Pop Warners ect are annoying as all get out. Teenagers are just inherently annoying and become more so in large groups... I should know as I was one once ;)

hikernh30

How many times have you've been? Can I hear your stories, before I try to convince you to stay on property? It's just that Disney loses its magic when you aren't there 100% :D

It didn't lose any magic for us OR my young son ( he was 6 and 7 when we went twice) at all staying off site! We loved the condos we stayed at and never had any problems.. He always wanted to go back to the pool. ;)
But I don't feel Disney looses its Magic staying off site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom