Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Prices at POR seem the cheapest for a room of 5 at WDW. What is the story on this, seems like Disney is pushing this resort. We may stay there next June but, I would like to hear some personal experiences from anyone who has stayed there.
As a parent of 3, I was delighted that there was a moderate resort that could accommodate all 5 of us in one room. It was cheaper than staying in 2 value rooms and less than a deluxe. I never thought Disney was "pushing" this resort. We made wonderful memories at POR (even back when it was Dixie Landings). It has only gotten more beautiful over the years.

We are spending one night in a royal room at the end of this month, so the draw of POR still lingers. There are many threads on this forum singing the praises of POR and I don't think you will be disappointed should you decide to stay there.

Megala

We have stayed at GF, POFQ, POR and CSR. Had great experiences at each resort. Our stay at POR was before the update and we will be returning Jan 2015 to a royal room. We are such Disney Geeks....Love it, Can't wait

CBR. Stayed there once during December when crowds were low with practically no lines in the parks, but still had to wait over an hour on multiple occasions to get a bus. It's too big and if you're the last stop, you're out of luck. Add to that you won't bother to fill your mugs ever since the dining hall is far away, so that's a benefit that goes to waste.

EvilQueen-T

Prices at POR seem the cheapest for a room of 5 at WDW. What is the story on this, seems like Disney is pushing this resort. We may stay there next June but, I would like to hear some personal experiences from anyone who has stayed there.

We've stayed there 4 or 5 times and have had nothing but good experiences. We stayed in the royal rooms once right after they opened a few years ago and they were fun but note these only sleep 4, once in the regular mansion rooms, and the rest in AB section (sleeps 5). It's a big resort so being at the end of the bus loop can at times be frustrating mainly early in the morning and on the occasions when both POR and FQ share a bus but this is usually during off season and/or late at night but that still beats (imo), for example, the deluxe resorts in the epcot area where swan, dolphin, beach, yacht, and boardwalk ALL share the same bus to/from the MK fairly routinely. When we've stayed at POR (like in the summer) when we know we'll be using the pool frequently and therefore the food court more often we usually get a preferred room just for the extra ease of being close. I had one stay with my adult son, daughter, and her fiance in March of 2013 and I ended up sleeping on the bed that folds off the wall and while I wouldn't want to do it for a full week it was no big deal to be honest (I'm 5ft 8 and 140lbs) so that might help in terms of deciding if you have an older child in your mix. My granddaughter, age 10, loves sleeping on it. The only other draw back imo is with the murphy style bed you give up storage space for unpacking. Otherwise we love the look and feel of the resort and even like it enough that we are actually using it as one of our three options for our guests this October for my daughters wedding. Oh and for reference we've stayed onsite at all 3 allstars, pop, cbr, por, pofq, csr, wl, akl, contemporary, gf, poly, treehouses at ssr, and boardwalk.

Last edited:

bebert

We've stayed there 4 or 5 times and have had nothing but good experiences. We stayed in the royal rooms once right after they opened a few years ago and they were fun but note these only sleep 4, once in the regular mansion rooms, and the rest in AB section (sleeps 5). It's a big resort so being at the end of the bus loop can at times be frustrating mainly early in the morning and on the occasions when both POR and FQ share a bus but this is usually during off season and/or late at night but that still beats (imo), for example, the deluxe resorts in the epcot area where swan, dolphin, beach, yacht, and boardwalk ALL share the same bus to/from the MK fairly routinely. When we've stayed at POR (like in the summer) when we know we'll be using the pool frequently and therefore the food court more often we usually get a preferred room just for the extra ease of being close. I had one stay with my adult son, daughter, and her fiance in March of 2013 and I ended up sleeping on the bed that folds off the wall and while I wouldn't want to do it for a full week it was no big deal to be honest (I'm 5ft 8 and 140lbs) so that might help in terms of deciding if you have an older child in your mix. My granddaughter, age 10, loves sleeping on it. The only other draw back imo is with the murphy style bed you give up storage space for unpacking. Otherwise we love the look and feel of the resort and even like it enough that we are actually using it as one of our three options for our guests this October for my daughters wedding. Oh and for reference we've stayed onsite at all 3 allstars, pop, cbr, por, pofq, csr, wl, akl, contemporary, gf, poly, treehouses at ssr, and boardwalk.
Great info, thanks. We will be driving to WDW so hopefuly we can avoid the bus transportation.

bethann1970

I hate to say it, knowing that you like it, but we did not like POR. We also did not like the Yacht Club. I think we became spoiled at POFQ with everything being nearby and the bus stop being the only one on the site, so I'm pretty sure we won't like ANY other resort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom