Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

Dwarful

Last year we checked into PORS. Room wasn't ready, so we left cell number and took a look around and ate a late lunch. Went back, finally had room ready. Long story short....pipe burst in the bathroom. After two hours of no restroom use (not good after an 18 hour car ride and 2 hours of killing time) they discovered due to large tour groups they couldn't accommodate us at PORS because we were a family of five that limited the rooms they could put us in. So then we had to pack it all back up in the pouring down rain and move to Art of Animation Cars Suite. When we checked in at AoA the first room they put us in was already occupied so it was another walk back in the rain to get that problem fixed. I would say it was the worst check in / first day experience in our history of WDW trips. lol. But in the long run it worked out great. We loved the space, theme and pristine condition of the suite we were in.

I don't know if it would be a never again for us but after the short amount of time we were in the room we discovered even though it could sleep 5 it would have been awfully close quarters for a two week stay. It was a blessing in disguise. Husband and I will probably give it a try again when the girls are grown and we go alone.

Fletch

Well, we have stayed at PORS (then called Dixie Landings), CBR, AS Music and POFQ. Although POFQ was our favorite I have been fine with all. I am not there for the resort. I look at the room as a place to put my head on a pillow for the shortest time possible.

However, DW hated AS Music. Too noisy, crowded, not enough buses, did not like the looks of anything. Plus the room key did not work on the room they gave us. As we were trying to break in to our room someone answered the door. They ended up giving us a fridge for our troubles. Needless to say we will probably not stay at a value resort again. That's OK, because we know what they say: "If momma's not happy nobody is" :)

plaz10

Good Morning Folks..After some interesting thoughts on the GF. I was wondering. Have you ever stayed at a Disney resort that didn't live up to your expectations,and you swore never to stay there again..Having only stayed at three mods..CBR....POFQ...and PORS....I loved all of them tho my heart belongs to Riverside. But I'am curious ( as ever ) if anyone has had a "not so magical time" at a resort.?:(

Honestly...I've had issues with maybe the buses...or a bunch of conditioner and no shampoo...key not working...
but nothing to ever make me keep a resort on my NEVER stay list - even values. They're good if you just need a cheap place to sleep and shower.

And yeah there are some resorts I like more than others - it's due to the theme or location to parks or something thats really no fault of the resort.

In short - nope. Nothing so bad to cross it off the list forever.

JerseyDad

....would never stay at POP again. And I can't tell you how difficult it was for me to say that. We've been to WDW 11 times since 2004 ...and 10 times at POP. This last visit in August just frosted me something awful.

...the staff ...particularly the front desk people were always above and beyond being great. This past trip ...from the second we stepped up to the desk ...were full of "attitude". (related to the fridge fiasco ..and room location)

....the food court had one station ALWAYS closed (the one with 'real' food) because POP was not at full occupancy ...so they felt it was acceptable to keep the selection of food to a minimum. Thus ...relegating guests to a lesser varied menu that is advertised as available. I'm sorry ....I paid FULL price ....for all advertised amenities ...if you built another resort 1000 feet away (AoA) that siphons your guests in that direction ...it's not my bad decision making process that did it ...it was yours WDW. So why am I screwed? And they closed 1/3 of the dining area so they'd have less to clean ...thus making it impossible to find a table.

...can't bring myself to even consider going back there ...and maybe even passing up on WDW this year ..completely.

surfsupdon

Beach Club.

Way too loud and busy in the lobby. Garish Little Mermaid characters thrown into Resort decorations. And Club Level was dirty and filled with yelling children.

Never again.

jlsHouston

Some folks on this forum angered and hurt him. He bid us goodbye.

What ??? OMG that is terrible. OMG. I feel really bad. I loved his imagination and happiness about WDW. Wow this makes me feel terrible.
You know it's a crying shame about the name calling and labels people want to attach when they read something they don't like or disagree with. I can't use swear words here so I mostly just get off the thread when I see it coming my way...wow, I just really feel terrible about this.

jlsHouston

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom