Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

asc341

CBR. We stayed in an area that wasn't too far (Martinique maybe?) so the size didn't bother us, and it wasn't that CBR was that bad, but after we stayed at POR, we can't go back to CBR, even if we choose to stay somewhere new. The rooms at CBR smelled musty and seemed a bit dank, everything (with the exception of the pool) just seemed liked it needed an overhaul. Our room/quality experience at POR was worlds better.

hellowonderland

We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon and while we actually really liked the resort (small, easy to walk around, friendly staff, nice rooms), the bus service was so utterly horrendous that we wouldn't go back. It was awful, awful, awful. We ended up taking cabs most of the time.

danpam1024

Stayed at POR, POFQ, YC, BC, BWI, WL- all wonderful experiences and would be happy to return to any one of them. Stayed at Royal Plaza near DTD once- the one with the glass elevator on the outside. The room was beautiful- 1 br suite, whirlpool tub BUT we were next to the elevator shaft and I swear it sounded like ToT in our room all night long!!!! When we called the front desk about the issue (DS was 1 year old and he couldn't sleep with all the noise) they replied they knew that room was loud- and offered us absolutely nothing to remedy the situation! DH asked for a room change but they claimed the only rooms available were on different floors next to the elevator shaft. It was so bad we left the next day and got a room somewhere else for the rest of the stay.

danpam1024

We have been to WDW many times and always stay on property, but we have only stayed in 5 different resorts over the years, Dixie Landing/POR, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. Although none were a major disappointment, we were in Disneyworld after all. I would say that I was least impressed with the Polynesian. The resort grounds are beautiful and the Kona Café is a favorite restaurant, I though however that the pools were a disappointment and the room we stayed in, most especially the bathroom, needed to be updated. Maybe it was the fact that we stayed in the then newly refurbished Contemporary the trip before and we made an unfair comparison. I would love to see the rooms when the current refurbishment program is completed. As in life to each their own, many people hate the Contemporary yet my family enjoys it.
for the amount of money you spend at the poly, you should walk in and be in awe :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
CBR, last year. Never again.

Other than the pool, the place was just 'eh'
I do enjoy Caribbean type themeing etc. so it wasn't that.

Just the layout of the whole place with the front desk and the pool, rest, and store in a separate area is just poor design to me.

To me compared the PO resorts it just does not come close.

Zman-ks

Only ever stayed at Coronado. Never been disappointed!
75.gif

Same here! :)

Soarin2u

Only ever stayed at Coronado. Never been disappointed!
Ditto! Only thing we critique is the food court, we use to be to walk in and sit without a problem, get sodas and food without the help of waiter( the waiters can be kinda cranky and request tips) . We enjoy sitting down sometimes there but now we have to go through the bakery and sit outside. We also hate that its also a convention center, can get crowded sometimes! Once met Miss Kansas last summer!(My state)

PrincessNelly_NJ

Ditto! Only thing we critique is the food court, we use to be to walk in and sit without a problem, get sodas and food without the help of waiter( the waiters can be kinda cranky and request tips) . We enjoy sitting down sometimes there but now we have to go through the bakery and sit outside. We also hate that its also a convention center, can get crowded sometimes! Once met Miss Kansas last summer!(My state)

I agree. I enjoyed it last year, when they were testing Pepper Makret as a buffet, sad to see it go. I have always been lucky to book, while theres no convention or a small one. So quiet! The buses and pools were empty!

Soarin2u

I agree. I enjoyed it last year, when they were testing Pepper Makret as a buffet, sad to see it go. I have always been lucky to book, while theres no convention or a small one. So quiet! The buses and pools were empty!
Last year was the only bad year for conventions, we too get lucky sometimes and book right before a large convention. It was the cruise last year that messed it up!

ToyStoryMiss

We've only stayed at the All Stars and never had a bad time. The only downer was All Star Sports. Not a big fan of that. So since then, we've only stayed at All Star Movies (so many memories there).
We were going to stay in the AKL (dream right there), but it was a bit too expensive, so it was back to ASM. Hopefully we'll never have a bad time at a resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom