Nasty incident outside Club Cool at Epcot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

71jason

Wait a minute..
You guys don't bring a little extra PVC with you when you're in the parks?

Funny ... but really, what's the point of show-destroying security booths outside every park if a guy can still walk in with a PVC pipe. If a contractor left this lying around, fire the contractor. If the -canoe brought this in himself, top-to-bottom firings of EPCOT security.

willtravel

It's that moment when someone is booing an animatronic figure that he/she should really consider sitting down & reevaluating his/her life decisions.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who's been known to applaud the Country Bears after their presentation. :oops:
I have seen people clap after getting off SSE, TOT, SM, TSM, AA, JC, HOP. And many others.........

Figments Friend

I have no problem with others enjoying a beer or wine, I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to experience WDW with anything other than a clear mind....

I understand a few drinks during the course of the day but what's the fun in getting sloshed? Not that everyone gets drunk, I know it's a select few.

My thinking as well reading all these stories of late.

Why on Earth would anyone waste time and money getting sloshed at WDW...?

Considering the costs involved in just getting there..and in the gate....just why..?

Yeah, locals....or APrs....sure, maybe i can see that....but most of the trouble is from 20-something vistors from out of state getting stupid and over-drinking their welcome.
It reminds me of rock concerts i used to attend when i was younger.
Always seemed very strange to me that people would pay insane concert ticket prices ( upwards in the 100s ) to attend a show and spend all the time getting or being so drunk. Why spend all that money if you won't even be able to remember what you did the night before?
You can get drunk with friends at home...and save yourself the trouble and expense!

What is the appeal..?
Seriously?

Are the WS lights brighterand prettier under the influence?
Does 'Malestrom' suddenly before this epic E-Ticket after consuming 10 beers..?
Are the films that are shown in WS greatly enhanced by some alcohol?
Is the decent in SSE turn into something much more exciting when a bit tipsy..?
Please clue me in...on what i am missing ...by not getting plastered at EPCOT.

As i said in another thread, F&W has run it's course.

JohnD

A little more than a week ago, I was minding my own business in Mouse Gear looking around the shop just after the park officially closed. I noticed lots of people coming through as a shortcut to leave the park, so I stopped where I was to allow people to pass. Some guy walking past me (thinking I was blocking him, I guess) said, "I'll kick your !". What the??!!! He must have been drunk.

Hyperspace Hoopla

Funny ... but really, what's the point of show-destroying security booths outside every park if a guy can still walk in with a PVC pipe. If a contractor left this lying around, fire the contractor. If the -canoe brought this in himself, top-to-bottom firings of EPCOT security.

You can walk through security with a PVC pipe (or a gun...or a bomb etc..) in your pocket, so long as it's not in your camera bag or pocketbook.

JimboJones123

Locals, college kids going to school in the area who can go to Disney whenever they want versus the person who has planned and traveled to be there. Some local people go there for the sole purpose of drinking. I personally haven't seen anyone TOO belligerant when I've been there but I have seen several people too drunk to stand up on their own.
I was almost thrown to the ground at Villians Unleashed because I bumped a guy.

I assure you, across WS, there are no less than a dozen "incidents" every single night during F&W. Ones that would make you hide your children. Worse on weekends.

I will never confront another individual, and I have been the victim once and seen another incident in my 2 visits to F&W.

The next plan will be hiring more security and either a zero tolorance policy or a point system.

Buzz of a Disney initiative towards a blacklist may help.

asianway

What is the appeal..?
Seriously?

Are the WS lights brighterand prettier under the influence?
Does 'Malestrom' suddenly before this epic E-Ticket after consuming 10 beers..?
Are the films that are shown in WS greatly enhanced by some alcohol?
Is the decent in SSE turn into something much more exciting when a bit tipsy..?
Please clue me in...on what i am missing ...by not getting plastered at EPCOT.
The booze can help you forget the smoking ruin the park has become.

NowInc

To ban alcohol at the parks wouldn't solve anything, really. People have been sneaking alcohol into the Magic Kingdom for YEARS (a park which has no "easy" access to a drink). The security check (total joke) is pretty much just for show. I am sure they catch things here and then, but scary amounts of things have gotten past them (when I was there a few months ago a GUN was found on dinosaur).

I recall years ago there was a "no double fisting" (ie: carrying 2 drinks at once) rule at Food and Wine. You could only buy 1 drink at a time, and if you were caught carrying more than one, you were asked to dump one of them out. This wasn't a GREAT solution, but it did "slow" most of the people down from going on a frat-house style binge on alcohol, as it took longer to get enough drinks to get one to a serious level of intoxication. I haven't seen such a policy in place in the last few years. I know that there are tons of security walking around world showcase during this event, but perhaps it would be a good idea to spread some out around futureworld as well? That is, after all, how most of the people EXIT the park.

*warning* Next paragraph isnt to turn this into a Disney v Universal discussion, its just to bring up a point.

The last few times I was at Citywalk, I have also seen larger than usual amounts of heavily intoxicated people. Would anyone suggest they stop serving there too? (I used citywalk instead of DTD because right now DTD isn't really bar heavy). I think at ALL family resort destinations there should be a larger amount of control, but I also acknowledge it wouldn't be easy. Some people get drunk faster than others, and sadly people on vacation are already feeling entitled ("I'm spending all this money to be here and I will do what I want!"), that anyone telling them they are cut off would also cause a situation.

fbb

One person always ruins it for the rest.

Hate to say it but maybe they should stop serving alcohol. It could have been alot worse.

If that works, I'm forming a league of ruffians that beat people up because Wonders of Life, Horizons, and World of Motion are gone.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can see it now, someone is going to state Club Cools upcoming closing on this guest. Timing is everything.

bebert

This Orlando Sentinel report confirms what someone else posted on here over the weekend. IMO, I would not condemn Disney for this, kid must have other issues going for some odd reason he chose WDW the place to act out. This may be more of a reflection on our society where you act out in certain places to get attention. Surprised this has not shown up on You Tube or some other social media outlet. Sad thing is, it will get worse before it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom