Name your "Magic Moment" (When do you know you are living the Magic?)

DisneyPrincess5

Well, riding the tram at MCO is the first "OMG We're at Disney!" moment...
but as for magical, I'd have to say riding the monorail or entering the park for the first time!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
and also...waking up super early at the Poly, walking outside to hear The New Hawaiian Band through the hidden speakers, no one around, sipping black coffee, and balancing two orders of Tonga Toast on to-go plates from Capt Cooks to surprise my wife...yeah, that's great.

Ghall

The magic begins when we arrive at Orlando airport....we are nearly there....then driving through the gates at Walt Disney World....arriving at the Beach club and checking in....the first day at the Magic Kingdom and just looking down main street and seeing the castle...then we know we are in the most magical place in the world....and tomorrow our dream begins....only one more day to go!!!!

mpeters

watching my sons faces as they see the castle for the first time on each trip we go

and, i know this is a weird one

watching my wife shed a tear as we leave the property to go home form vacation

DawnBerg

For me it's the second I book my next trip. All the planning and prep is it for me. But if I have to choose a moment at WDW it would be the minute I am handed my key to the world and knowing the magic has begun.:sohappy:

mdjbenkert

For us, the MAGIC begins the minute we start planning the trip. There is nothing like calling and booking the vacation. The week leading up to the trip, the MAGIC builds. The best feeling is when we board the ME bus to the resort, watching the video....ahhhhh we are HOME!!!

Ghall

watching my sons faces as they see the castle for the first time on each trip we go

and, i know this is a weird one

watching my wife shed a tear as we leave the property to go home form vacation

Watching the kids faces as they see the castle is priceless...and I am also one of those wifes who sheds a tear as we leave to go home!!!

minnie_maus

I have so many!!

-Watching Wishes with my DH
-Getting married at YCR
-Slow dancing at the SoA Luau
-Honeymooning at CR
-Buying our first Christmas ornament at DTD
and now going for our first wedding anniversary! :)

:sohappy:

njDizFan

there are several times:

entering the MCO monorail
driving through the gates on RT 536
first entering Main St.
Hearing the EPCOT music at the leave a legacy monuments

oh and grabbing my first pint at the UK pavillion

magiconmainstrt

Original Poster
Watching the kids faces as they see the castle is priceless...and I am also one of those wifes who sheds a tear as we leave to go home!!!

Now I know how my husband really feels from the quote earlier---- and my tears are down my face when we arrive and when we leave-from one wife to another-

goofykt

For me it's the second I book my next trip. All the planning and prep is it for me. But if I have to choose a moment at WDW it would be the minute I am handed my key to the world and knowing the magic has begun.:sohappy:

Same for me! My husband and I don't have any kids yet, so I usually call the 800 number to make our reservations so I can request a King size bed. The cast members that book your reservations are always so nice and ask a lot of questions about your past Disney trips, so that makes me all nostalgic about Disney and gets me really excited about our newly booked trip!!! As soon as I book it and start getting emails, I start a big "Disney" folder for all our vacation-related stuff - driving directions, reservations, etc.

My other "magical moment" is when I cross into the World Showcase at EPCOT.:sohappy:

P.S. Who's as excited as I am about the new online restaurant reservations!!! I booked 5 reservations on the website this morning - so easy! I love being able to see the different times available and take a little time deciding. Whenever I call, I feel like I have to be quick about deciding on times.

Beccone

-Driving under the "Walt Disney World" sign after 15 hours in the car

-Walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A

-Boarding the monorail for the first time per trip

-Getting on the magical express bus at the airport if we fly

You've written exactly what I was thinking, with the exception of the ME, we haven't flown since 2002 and we rented a car that year.

a2grafix

Have to chime in, and based on past responses, I echo that the "magical moment" starts to kick in for me is when I step off the aircraft and feel the rush of hot, sticky air before walking up the jetway (especially after leaving a region that is not constantly 80s and 90s); riding the tram at Orlando Intl from the gate to the baggage claim; and seeing all the funky, stand-out billboards for not only WDW, but Universal and SeaWorld.

But the best part is getting out of the travel clothes into something more relaxed, casually walking from Shades across the street to the Poly and watching the monorail above docked or departing for the Magic Kingdom. By the time I get to that point, I know I can leave my life behind and do anything I care in the "world" -- until I reverse and do what I just said as my holiday comes to a close.

Nice thread.

gettingsmaller

For me, I guess it kind of builds... there's exiting the plane, getting on ME, seeing your resort... but I guess the real "I'm here" moment is walking through the Epcot turnstile while hearing the music, seeing SSE, and having all of Epcot before me.

luvlifeinfl

As soon as I book it and start getting emails, I start a big "Disney" folder for all our vacation-related stuff - driving directions, reservations, etc.

quote]

Oh I have to comment on this, maybe we need to start a thread. I also build a binder as soon as I start planning. I do a cover for it, with dates. I then build all my itinery stuff in from resort resevervation letter, to ADR , to parks. I then insert park maps and all other stuff we gather from being at Disney, like our KTTW.

I then find my self pulling it out the binder from the book case looking at to relive the memories.

Jasonflz

Here a list of mine. :wave:

-watching Wishes with my family
-tram riding (yayyyyyyyyyy)
-walking through various parts of the park and taking the theming all in.
-(here's an older one) after watching Timekeeper I perfectly remember leaving the show building and getting pulled into the technological sci-fi beauty of Tomorrowland and how that instanly became my favorite land
-eating at Pecos Bill Cafe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom