"Mystic Manor" destined for Animal Kingdom?

doctornick

That would also have been a perfect spot for Moana Journey Of Water....

We don't know the specific details though, but I don't see why. If it is more kinda science based regarding the water cycle, then Epcot is actually the best place for it. And while I don't think it will be anything about this, if JoW was about man's exploration of oceans and water, then again Epcot is the most appropriate place consider it harbors themes of human achievement.

Now, I could see the argument that Moana as an IP might fit better in Adventureland or DAK, but that would depend on the attraction and I don't think JoW specifically seems like it would be all that great for either. A Moana Fire Mountain OTOH is a different story and shouldn't go in Epcot.

Regardless, DAK doesn't really "need" more walk through attractions.

aliceismad

I don't really care what ride system it is, but another dark ride would be nice in Animal Kingdom. I'm honestly a bit surprised they aren't going to just clone the Indiana Jones rollercoaster (perhaps drop the Indy tie-in and make is dino-themed or something) and put it in place of hurl-a-whirl.

That said, I would rather they address the empty Stitch building and try to build some coherence within Tomorrowland before they take on Animal Kingdom. With all the traffic from Tron, it seems like a giant wasted space.

aliceismad

Why is everyone so desperate for MM. First of all, it's Hong Kongs HM. It has to be the most overhyped Disney attraction. How many have actually ridden it? I have. Thank you, next.
It's completely different from the Haunted Mansion, though, and it seems that Disney has little interest in creating rides for WDW that aren't clones because it makes it cheaper. MM is also not IP-based, which may bolster some people's feelings about it as they feel there needs to be some balance to the number of new IP-heavy attractions.

jaxonp

It's completely different from the Haunted Mansion, though, and it seems that Disney has little interest in creating rides for WDW that aren't clones because it makes it cheaper. MM is also not IP-based, which may bolster some people's feelings about it as they feel there needs to be some balance to the number of new IP-heavy attractions.

Completely? No.

aliceismad

This feels like a bump and at least it's discussion worthy. Putting Mystic Manor in Animal Kingdom?

Just mentioned in their weekly podcast, @lentesta and Jim Hill talked about how Animal Kingdom is presumably next after the big ones (Tron, GotG). I like this idea more than Zootopia for sure....

Apparently the monkey would move some merchandise.

Per another thread: @Magic Feather says "While not finalized, Prime's replacement is DAK's next major-ish project. They had some huge dreams for the plot, but they appear to be shrinking. Original plans were for an E, now I'm not so sure. Construction for the replacement itself though likely won't begin for over a year. I could see this being a good d23 '22 announcement though."

doctornick

Completely? No.
Well, there is a medusa 😉 ... realistically, MM is a totally different experience including just the general ambiance of it not being dark and creepy like the HM. I don't see how there would be any problem putting it in a completely different park in WDW
I don't think it would work due to the S.E.A. storyline...Isn't there a member that has anything reflecting the S.EA. in AK?

Why couldn't Lord Mystic have settled down in Harambe or Anandapur?

mikejs78

Premium Member
What makes you think that Disney has little interest in creating rides for WDW that aren't clones? Of the rides built in the last 5 years or in progress:

Direct Clones (2):
* Rat
* Tron

Built in two parks roughly same time (2):
* Rise
* Falcon

Unique to WDW (6):
* FoP
* Navi
* Slinky
*AS2
* MMRR
* Guardians

So I'd say they sometimes clone, but more often than not build unique.

CaptainAmerica

What makes you think that Disney has little interest in creating rides for WDW that aren't clones? Of the rides built in the last 5 years or in progress:

Direct Clones (2):
* Rat
* Tron

* Rise
* Falcon

Unique to WDW (6):
* FoP
* Navi
* Slinky
*AS2
* MMRR
* Guardians

I'd move MMRR into the middle category.

doctornick

Direct Clones (2):
* Rat
* Tron

* Rise
* Falcon

Unique to WDW (6):
* FoP
* Navi
* Slinky
*AS2
* MMRR
* Guardians

Valid, but if something if being closed at the same time (Star Wars rides) or build and planned to be cloned (MMRR), it still brings up the same point that the purpose is to spread development costs between resorts and make it "cheaper" for each. going back, both of 7DMT and Little Mermaid were built elsewhere as well.

Also, A.S.S. is the same basic ride as Maters and others, just reskinned so the engineering was previously done. They are adding some version of that whip ride almost everyone nowadays.

That being said they have built some unique stuff so you really can't paint with too broad a brush on the topic.

EricsBiscuit

It honestly doesn’t matter what’s next. Anything new will open in 2025 at the earliest. I hope I’m wrong but even if they announce this year and break ground by January, it takes 3 years for them to build stuff.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'd move MMRR into the middle category.

Valid, but if something if being closed at the same time (Star Wars rides) or build and planned to be cloned (MMRR), it still brings up the same point that the purpose is to spread development costs between resorts and make it "cheaper" for each. going back, both of 7DMT and Little Mermaid were built elsewhere as well.

Also, A.S.S. is the same basic ride as Maters and others, just reskinned so the engineering was previously done. They are adding some version of that whip ride almost everyone nowadays.

That being said they have built some unique stuff so you really can't paint with too broad a brush on the topic.
Re MMRR - If I recall, it was announced for WDW at first, and it wasn't clear that it was going to go to DL at that time (although they were thinking about it). That's why I put it in the latter category, as it was WDW first and then added to DL as a later thought...

For AS2, point taken, but it's still a unique ride (with the music, etc...). Ride systems are ride systems, but I'll concede that it's simple enough that it's a quasi-clone.

aliceismad

Unique to WDW (6):
* FoP
* Navi
* Slinky
* Guardians
I concede to those 4 being unique. I would also say that the Splash retheme (if and when) is another multi-park endeavor. Perhaps saying there is little interest in non-clone, WDW-only rides was an exaggeration on my part.

You could also argue that the Star Wars hotel is a unique attraction, as is the Moana walkthrough, the Lightning McQueen show-thing, etc. Depends on your perspective, I suppose.

doctornick

I concede to those 4 being unique. I would also say that the Splash retheme (if and when) is another multi-park endeavor. Perhaps saying there is little interest in non-clone, WDW-only rides was an exaggeration on my part.

You could also argue that the Star Wars hotel is a unique attraction, as is the Moana walkthrough, the Lightning McQueen show-thing, etc. Depends on your perspective, I suppose.

Play Pavilion as well. I do think there is a decent number of unique things going into WDW, but it is also likely true that something being a clone (whether copying an already built attraction or simply planning to built at 2+ locations) probably makes it easier to get green lit given some cost savings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom