"Mystic Manor" destined for Animal Kingdom?

Jasonflz

While an interesting concept I really wouldn't see this happening at WDW. First off we already have the Haunted Mansion which, while featuring a different storyline, is still the same thing. Bringing this here would be just like bringing TDL's Tower of Terror here just because it is different than ours. Second, there is no real theme connecting to animals like most attractions. It just doesn't have a point in the grand scheme of things. Also, there are already tons of monkeys in other locations of the park. Bringing JTTCOTE would make more sense because it features more animals not seen anywhere else.

stitch2008

Kali River Rapids has no animals, it has the conservation message though. Where is the conservation message in Everest?

I taped a bunch of Everest specials that aired on television around the time Everest opened. On one of the specials, Joe Rhode said that the Yeti was a protector. And that his message is that you dont have a right to everything you may want to claim.

CastleBound

I think it would be a great fit!! I love the idea. They could create the remote forest that its supposed to be located in and fit the haunted attraction back there. It definitely would be great to center it around a new land. Lets hope they run with it now!

DisneyWall-E

While an interesting concept I really wouldn't see this happening at WDW. First off we already have the Haunted Mansion which, while featuring a different storyline, is still the same thing. Bringing this here would be just like bringing TDL's Tower of Terror here just because it is different than ours. Second, there is no real theme connecting to animals like most attractions. It just doesn't have a point in the grand scheme of things. Also, there are already tons of monkeys in other locations of the park. Bringing JTTCOTE would make more sense because it features more animals not seen anywhere else.

TSMM and BLSRS are pretty much the same ride. So why couldn't they do it again? Or I guess its more like why wouldn't they.

CaptainMichael

I think that everyone will be surprised by how different Mystic Manor is from the Haunted Mansion. Not only is the story different, the decor of the manor is huge departure from HM, and the ride vehicles and system share no resemblance to the Doom Buggies associated with the HM. As of now, the only similar aspect is that it's a haunted house. I could very well see Mystic Manor fitting in Animal Kingdom. It's not really that absurd of an idea.

jt04

I think that everyone will be surprised by how different Mystic Manor is from the Haunted Mansion. Not only is the story different, the decor of the manor is huge departure from HM, and the ride vehicles and system share no resemblance to the Doom Buggies associated with the HM. As of now, the only similar aspect is that it's a haunted house. I could very well see Mystic Manor fitting in Animal Kingdom. It's not really that absurd of an idea.

Yes, I agree. Soon as I read the OP it made sense. Especially with the possible tie-in of the AC. This sounds more like an AC dark ride than a version of HM. When you tie in the rumors of the AC moving to one of the parks and Joe R's connection to AK and AC, well this starts to become rather compelling. This sounds like something that may have been meant for NK and that still may find it's way to AK along with the AC restaurant.

I'm of the opinion every park should have a "haunted house" type experience and this sounds perfect for AK. Great, great thinking Skyway. Fun to think about! :)

WishIwasThere

Kali River Rapids was supposed to have tigers I believe, but something happened and they couldn't do it as planned.

It was also supposed to be about twice as long, which would have been awesome.

I hope they use this idea somewhere in the parks...retheming to fit would be relatively easy and cheap. Look they used the same ride for both Dinosaur (or CTE) and Indiana Jones ride at DL, but two completely different themes.

DisneyDrum

It's not going to happen, at least in the near future. All the rides going to Hong Kong are 5 year exclusives, expect for the Toy Story rides. And unfortunately for those Adventurer's Club fans, I'd be willing to bet that it's under the exclusivity limitations as well.

aladdin2007

As long as it is placed well I'm all for it DAK really needs a dark ride.

Yeah a dark ride is really needed at AK, and at hollywood studios never understood why they didnt put one there. I guess toy story counts now sort of but not in the traditional sense.

Remember the monkey was chosen for Mystic Manor because the monkey in Chinese culture is highly regarded and popular. They have that popular old legend story called The Monkey King.

Jasonflz

TSMM and BLSRS are pretty much the same ride. So why couldn't they do it again? Or I guess its more like why wouldn't they.

That is a bit of a cheat. With TSMM just arrived they should be getting rid of BLSRS but, due to it's popularity, they won't. Good point though.

I guess that would make sense. I thought it would have been more like Phantom Manor. Actually, I can see this fitting in to DAK now. At least if they only change the exterior look a bit and work on the storyline.

aladdin2007

Great Movie Ride ;)

oh yeah great movie ride whoops...but for some reason I never think of that as a dark ride. Im thinking something along the lines of peter pan or roger rabbits toon spin...something on that level. but oh that monsters inc dark ride in tokyo would be perfect!! :wave:,, i know not happening, the coaster is suppose to happen instead.

sublimesting

I'm sorry, I know the Japanese think a monkey in a haunted house is number one a ok, but I think it's a pretty stupid idea. I am usually envious of the cool rides the other parks get but not this...

JustInTime

I am personally liking the idea of adding it to AK. There could be lots of animals in it. We don't know whats in the attraction. It hasn't been built yet. It seems more like an Indiana Jones/Adventure ride than a haunted ride. Untill we see the final ride we can't discard this form being a possibility in Ak. Personally, with theming, it could go really well in Ak.

DisneyDellsDude

I am personally liking the idea of adding it to AK. There could be lots of animals in it. We don't know whats in the attraction. It hasn't been built yet. It seems more like an Indiana Jones/Adventure ride that a haunted ride. Untill we see the final ride we can't discard this form being a possibility in Ak. Personally, with theming, it could go really well in Ak.
If they wanted to tweak it to fit in a storyline of Animal Kingdom they could. Kind of like how Phantom Manor is a spin off of the Haunted Mansion.

And jt - I was thinking the same thing of having a haunted type attraction in each park. (Plus I just love the Haunted Mansion that much.)
Magic Kingdom - Haunted Mansion
Epcot - Something could easily fit a World Showcase country.
Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom - A spin off of Mystic Manor

The paranormal theme is so versitile - there are endless possibilities, as well as each of the four attractions as being unique.

And with dumbo, carpets, and astro orbiter - they can duplicate attractions if they want to.:lol:

stuey222

I don't see this coming to AK at all. A haunted house just seems so out there for AK. I think if they put a large attraction from another park in AK, it could be Indiana Jones.

jt04

I don't see this coming to AK at all. A haunted house just seems so out there for AK. I think if they put a large attraction from another park in AK, it could be Indiana Jones.

You evidently have not read a description of the new land going into HKDL. I'ts not a "haunted house" per se.

Figment632

The one thing I don't get is why everyone assumes that it will be an exact clone? It could be an Indy/Dinosaur deal, same layout and ride system but two drastically different rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom