"Mystic Manor" destined for Animal Kingdom?

Phicinfan

What happened to all the folks that are usually out of joint because someone opened a 12 year old thread? I'm just asking, I don't and never have had have a problem with it, but the silence is deafening.🙂 ;)
Cause this has legs. We know PW is being removed, and we have one solid insider stating there are plans for that area, that at one time included an "E" ticket experience, but that plan may have been lowered already. So that is why I assume no one is having issues here

mattpeto

If you want a unique ride system... what's left?

Two systems that WDW does not have are a ferris wheel and a kuka arm ride.

For repetitive systems:
  • WDW has six omnimovers (Buzz, HM, Mermaid, SSE, Nemo, Midway).
  • Will soon have 9 coasters (Cosmic, TRON, Goofy, Space, 7D, BTM, SDD, EE, RnRC), and if PW stuck around, it would have been 10 coasters.
  • Has 7 slow moving boat rides (OK, two have a minor dip -- IaSW, Gran Fiesta, LwtL, NRJ, PotC, FEA, JC).
  • Has 7 spinners: Teacups, Carousel, Dumbo, Astro, Carpets, Alien SS, Triceratops
  • As far as SCREENZ! go, only has 4 simulators: Soarin', ST, MF:SR, FoP.
  • And just 3 LPS: RotR, MMRR, Rat.
So... I wouldn't say LPSs are being overused, even if they add one more in a park that has none.

I would also note that it seems WDW can never get enough "family coasters," as they are constantly the most popular rides.

The Rumored Black Box attraction at DHS was also LPS, correct?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I just want a Lion King dark ride. If busbar saves money to pay for AAs, that’s fine by me. And to be clear, I actually really like MMRR. Maybe three new trackless rides within less than 2 years is too much for me. Of course, if they started building a new one next year, it wouldn’t open until 2025. Maybe it wouldn’t feel like overkill by then.

Right now, I want a new trick from Disney. Happy we are getting 2 coasters next year.

You think both are on track for next year? Do you think either one will be open by late April? (Asking for a friend)

Two systems that WDW does not have are a ferris wheel and a kuka arm ride.

For repetitive systems:
  • WDW has six omnimovers (Buzz, HM, Mermaid, SSE, Nemo, Midway).
  • Will soon have 9 coasters (Cosmic, TRON, Goofy, Space, 7D, BTM, SDD, EE, RnRC), and if PW stuck around, it would have been 10 coasters.
  • Has 7 slow moving boat rides (OK, two have a minor dip -- IaSW, Gran Fiesta, LwtL, NRJ, PotC, FEA, JC).
  • Has 7 spinners: Teacups, Carousel, Dumbo, Astro, Carpets, Alien SS, Triceratops
  • As far as SCREENZ! go, only has 4 simulators: Soarin', ST, MF:SR, FoP.
  • And just 3 LPS: RotR, MMRR, Rat.
So... I wouldn't say LPSs are being overused, even if they add one more in a park that has none.

I would also note that it seems WDW can never get enough "family coasters," as they are constantly the most popular rides.

I know it goes along with boat rides, but I'd love to see Shanghai Pirates tech in Orlando...

aliceismad

They could have a ride system kinda like Spider-Man/Transformers. I guess the Dinosaur system is similar but Uni does more with their including integration of motion with the scenes better.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them duplicate the Test Track ride system by bringing in JTTCOTE to WDW.
I could see someone at WDW wanting to use the Spiderman technology, even if they can't use that franchise. Of course, I've not heard Spiderman getting many rave reviews.

RobbinsDad

I could see someone at WDW wanting to use the Spiderman technology, even if they can't use that franchise. Of course, I've not heard Spiderman getting many rave reviews.
The ride technology is still great. You can argue the screens have aged, which (staying on topic), is a potential problem for all of the screen-based attractions.

aliceismad

The ride technology is still great. You can argue the screens have aged, which (staying on topic), is a potential problem for all of the screen-based attractions.
The screens on the brand new Spiderman ride that opened in DCA this summer? Or just screens in general? I know people are disappointed that TSM has aged and Buzz is poorly maintained, but they're both fun rides and interactive.

JMcMahonEsq

I would love see a play on the trackless system that allows for multiple different sequences/rooms within the same ride. The trackless systems lets you not be limited to a linear ride. Having experiences where riders get different rides would be great. It would also allow for changes/updates to certain rooms while not taking down the entire room.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just FYI:

The UO IoA Spider-Man ride (The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) is a kuka arm plus 3D screens in a fully set practical environment and is constantly praised as one of the best theme park rides ever.

The brand new DCA Spider-Man ride (WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure) is similar to Midway Mania, but instead of a gun, you flick your wrists like Spider-Man to shoot webbing at 3D targets. It gets mixed reviews.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Rumored Black Box attraction at DHS was also LPS, correct?
Yes.

Just change a few set pieces, add new projections, reroute the LPS vehicles, and presto change-o, you have a brand new ride!!

And we all know that Disney would never let a new ride that has the ability to be updated sit for years and years without that update.

Tha Realest

What happened to all the folks that are usually out of joint because someone opened a 12 year old thread? I'm just asking, I don't and never have had have a problem with it, but the silence is deafening.🙂 ;)
I think it's because it's been mentioned a few times in recent Disney Dish podcasts as being rumored to come to AK. So, while it's an old rumor, the recent removal of PW and the refreshed rumors as to MM coming make this newly relevant?

RobbinsDad

The screens on the brand new Spiderman ride that opened in DCA this summer? Or just screens in general? I know people are disappointed that TSM has aged and Buzz is poorly maintained, but they're both fun rides and interactive.
My bad, thought the reference was to UIOA Spiderman.

mattpeto

I think it's because it's been mentioned a few times in recent Disney Dish podcasts as being rumored to come to AK. So, while it's an old rumor, the recent removal of PW and the refreshed rumors as to MM coming make this newly relevant?
Since I heard it on the DD, I was curious if it was ever mentioned, did a search for it and resurrected the thread.

ToTBellHop

Just FYI:

The UO IoA Spider-Man ride (The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) is a kuka arm plus 3D screens in a fully set practical environment and is constantly praised as one of the best theme park rides ever.

The brand new DCA Spider-Man ride (WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure) is similar to Midway Mania, but instead of a gun, you flick your wrists like Spider-Man to shoot webbing at 3D targets. It gets mixed reviews.
The kukas are Forbidden Journey, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom