"Mystic Manor" destined for Animal Kingdom?

lazyboy97o

The UO IoA Spider-Man ride (The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) is a kuka arm plus 3D screens in a fully set practical environment and is constantly praised as one of the best theme park rides ever.
ah, yes.

What does IoA Spider-Man use, then?
Isn’t it some proprietary car that was also used for Transformers?
The Spider-Man / Transformers / Jurassic World ride vehicle is a proprietary bus bar dark ride vehicle with a motion base. While Oceaneering would eventually handle assembly for Islands of Adventure and manufacture the vehicles for all subsequent rides using the system, it is not Oceaneering’s Evolution dark ride system which is an imitation of Universal’s system.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Party pooper ;)
Sadly…it’s my role

I want more stuff more than anyone…but I have zero faith that they are looking to spend any capex for a long time
Coming

…and I believe the Oracle Agrees with me.

It’s trackless…so I’ll throw you a bone and say that probably makes it more attractive to them 🤔

nickys

Premium Member
I believe so…I think they’re looking at “staggered openings?” Maybe spring and then mid summer?

…provided they don’t mothball them if travel is slow into next year.
With the U.K. and E.U. travel opening up? I don’t think things will be slow next year. There are thousands of U.K. guests alone with rescheduled trips from November this year all the way to Fall of next.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the U.K. and E.U. travel opening up? I don’t think things will be slow next year. There are thousands of U.K. guests alone with rescheduled trips from November this year all the way to Fall of next.
Internationals account for 10-15% of the total customers at wdw on average.

US travel is depressed again after a short bump in june/July

thousands?? Unless they’re all coming in the same week or two…it doesn’t raise the needle that much

doctornick

The Spider-Man / Transformers / Jurassic World ride vehicle is a proprietary bus bar dark ride vehicle with a motion base. While Oceaneering would eventually handle assembly for Islands of Adventure and manufacture the vehicles for all subsequent rides using the system, it is not Oceaneering’s Evolution dark ride system which is an imitation of Universal’s system.

How does the Dinosaur/IJA ride vehicle differ? I know it's not the same ride system at all, but not sure the ways in which either is "better" than the other in terms of capabilities.

lazyboy97o

How does the Dinosaur/IJA ride vehicle differ? I know it's not the same ride system at all, but not sure the ways in which either is "better" than the other in terms of capabilities.
The short version would be motion and speed. The EMV doesn’t have as much motion, mainly in terms yaw (spin). They also have the slot where they are actually powered and propelled which allows for greater speed and was iterated upon to create Test Track.

Goofyernmost

We are fully stocked with trackless rides.
What's left? Levitating rides? Is there something newer then trackless out there that I didn't hear about? What should they be building now? Omni rides have gone way past their life span along with Animatronics. Screens are the most current and well done things, but it is almost a sin to even mention that to the die hard Disney Fan. Rollercoaster styles are pretty much in demand for Disney right now but that is transforming the place from Disney into a fancy six flags. I still enjoy Omni rides but those don't increase one heart rate to an sufficient cardio number, so what is the next big thing. I will grant you that I no longer keep up with those things so is there something that will replace the trackless vehicles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom