MyMagic+ MagicBands to begin testing in parks soon

DTale

Ill be going the week of April 14 at AoA. Does anyone think it will be available by then for that hotel? I'd love to replace my key card with this wristband; no more worrying about it rubbing against credit cards!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They managed to educate the vast majority in the use of FASTPASS, it really isn't that much different. I'm sure the cast can handle it.

Meh,Handling it is very different than enduring the launch. My kid isn't thrilled about its upcoming launch and slow roll out. Who gets them, who doesn't, why they can have them, why we can't. Wasn't thrilled last year about implementing FP time frame either, so many complaints to deal with, angry guests. Not Magical Times. Not that they were bad ideas but the powers implementing are not the ones taking the hits. Not a fun time for a while to be in guest services.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
get over it.

No matter what the topic, Disney or other, that has to be one of my least favorite sayings of all times. It is condescending and lacks the merit of anything intelligent to add to a conversation.

RFID first launch is not Disney. Actually Disney has copied many others. The scale of the roll-out and the controversial ways it maybe implemented that is on Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Once MM+ is in full swing, how will it affect someone who books a last minute trip? For instance, if i book a trip only 2 weeks in advance. Will I be able to reserve a FP for any ride or get stuck with whatever isnt reserved because all the FP's for the big attractions have been dolled out?

Genie of the Lamp

Once MM+ is in full swing, how will it affect someone who books a last minute trip? For instance, if i book a trip only 2 weeks in advance. Will I be able to reserve a FP for any ride or get stuck with whatever isnt reserved because all the FP's for the big attractions have been dolled out?

Depends on when you go, but in most cases if you were to do/proceed with the following, you would get stuck with whatever isn't reserved. So in other words the less popular attractions is what you would have to sign up for. That's why they are strongly recommending/encouraging that you should plan your future WDW trips now in enough times advance so you can have the best possible WDW experience and book the best rides they got.

RonAnnArbor

Just as a heads up -- people who book last minute trips are normally Disney frequent flyers or passholders -- most of those folks often don't fastpass anything, they just go to the attractions they want to go to, and often bypass most of the headliners. The same general strategies hold true even with fastpass+...if there is something you just have to ride, get to the park at ropedrop, go ride it, and then relax and do whatever you want the rest of the day....the general strategy of most frequent flyers...For the normal family planning a visit months (sometimes a half year to year in advance) the fastpass reservations won't be an issue...there are a million passholders...I think a lot of people overestimate exactly how many people will be "competing" for time slots on the rides...

ParentsOf4

At this point, I don't think anyone but Disney knows how MM+ will affect last-minute trips.

Some suggest WDW will reserve some FP+ for "day of" guests. Others suggest FP+ will be treated like ADRs. It's tough to get certain ADRs if not booked 180 out while others are pretty easy to get except for holidays.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
At this point, I don't think anyone but Disney knows how MM+ will affect last-minute trips.

Some have suggested WDW will reserve some FP+ for "day of" guests. Others suggestFP+ will be treated like ADRs. It's tough to get certain ADRs if not booked 180 out while others are pretty easy to get except for holidays.

I have a bad feeling that in the near future trying to ride E ticket attractions without waiting in the regular line will be like trying to get an ADR for Le Cellier a month out. (next to impossible)- MM+ should allow for spontaneity. A guest travelling on short notice shouldnt have to be at rope drop if they want to ride attractions like TSMM or Soarin just because they did not book 180 days out.

Adam5897

I know there is no sure date at all but does anyone have an idea as to when you think this will go in full effect? I'm really hoping by April they will be available because I really want to use it.

Adam5897

Ill be going the week of April 14 at AoA. Does anyone think it will be available by then for that hotel? I'd love to replace my key card with this wristband; no more worrying about it rubbing against credit cards!
I will be there at the same time and am staying at AoA also. Really hoping its available for then.

articos

Some have suggested WDW will reserve some FP+ for "day of" guests. Others suggestFP+ will be treated like ADRs. It's tough to get certain ADRs if not booked 180 out while others are pretty easy to get except for holidays.
Count on having some day of access. MM+ is not equivalent to ADRs.

We planning to check in at Pop Century on Feb. 25 for 11 nights, hoping to try it out. I sent them an email volunteering to try it out, but they emailed back and said that because of the nature of the testing they could not take volunteers.

bubbles1812

A
Just as a heads up -- people who book last minute trips are normally Disney frequent flyers or passholders -- most of those folks often don't fastpass anything, they just go to the attractions they want to go to, and often bypass most of the headliners. The same general strategies hold true even with fastpass+...if there is something you just have to ride, get to the park at ropedrop, go ride it, and then relax and do whatever you want the rest of the day....the general strategy of most frequent flyers...For the normal family planning a visit months (sometimes a half year to year in advance) the fastpass reservations won't be an issue...there are a million passholders...I think a lot of people overestimate exactly how many people will be "competing" for time slots on the rides...
I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time buying what you are saying. Compared to how many visit the Disney parks a year, one million really isn't that big. And would be a very small percentage of the posple that will be in the parks at any one given time. There will be a heck of a lot of competition for those slots. And based on at least what I've read here... And there are many Disney pass holders on here, they fast pass the same as everyone else. Eventually when this rolls out, guests just entering the park for a day will be able to do that.

WDW1974

I think we need to give people more credit. I'm amazed how quickly people adapted to using iPhones, digital cameras etc. It doesn't take much to understand that the MagicBand basically replaces all those tickets and bits of paper. Disney will have in-room TV, paper guides, website guides, help on the smartphones, and of course the cast members. They have more ways than ever to educate people, and I think they will succeed.

Of course there will be some that don't get it, just like with FP, but the majority will.

I think the problem with this, though, is if people don't get it, then they'll have a vastly lower quality experience at WDW.

With FP, even if you don't use it, you still can have a great visit. On my most recent trip, I used the service twice for one ride and just that one -- Tron Track. And it wasn't really required.

WDW1974

The test will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom park, with Cast Members acting as Guests. MagicBands were previously tested in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios a few weeks ago.

Ah, so this is just another test and if they're using the CMs as guinea pigs, then it would appear as if they have no faith in using it for guests again just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom