My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

KBLovedDisney

But the question is would teenagers count as "adults"? How about 18 year olds since they're legally adults? Or is this 21 yrs. and older?
21 and older with specialty drinks served at different locations...and there would probably be like 10 times the security hanging around the park and certain rides closed. There would also be a drinking limit for each individual. I say that everyone who attends gets a unique Magic Band that every time you get a drink whether it be by cash/credit card/or using the Magic Band (that already has the card info on there), you would still have to show your Magic Band and have it scanned. It would keep track of how many drinks that person had a night. Don't want people going too crazy in the park.

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal in riding Frozen without small kids in the party.

I think it is totally fine to ride any ride you want to ride if you don't have children or if you do. Everyone pays the same to attend the parks, everyone should be allowed to ride the rides without stigma.

Basically, let me ride Frozen without the judgement :cool: (I'm not a fan of the film but a ride is a ride).

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

-I will lament the removal of Maelstrom until the day I die
-Destroying the Backlot Tour at DHS was a HUGE mistake and loss
-Marvel and Frozen have NO place in Epcot
-Inside Out would be a HORRIBLE replacement for Imagination
-Everything got worse the day they decided to close Horizons

Last edited:

TwilightZone

-I will lament the removal of Maelstrom until the day I die
-Destroying the Backlot Tour at DHS was a HUGE mistake and loss
-Marvel and Frozen have NO place in Epcot
-Inside Out would be a HORRIBLE replacement for Imagination
-Everything got worse the day they decided to close Horizons
Most of these aren't unpopular IMO

JHASdiz

Ok here's mine... stop using other people's idea for attractions in DISNEY theme parks aka Pandora, Marvel, Star Wars (ok that one may be less annoying since it's been at DHS forever but still) and start using imagination again. So many actual Disney created characters and themes that could be used instead.

Ralphlaw

Well, not sure this is placed in the right location or not, but I believe the parks all charge too much for admission. I saw this online and found it interesting.

https://www.change.org/p/robert-a-i...resorts-to-have-reasonable-park-entrance-fees

1955 Disneyland opens $1.00 ticket price for admission.

1955 The minimum hourly wage is raised in the United States from 75 cents per hour to $1.00 per hour

1955 = 1 hour work = 1 Disneyland ticket

2016 One Day Ticket prices.

1-Day 1-Park: Children $99.00, Adults $105.00
1-Day Park Hopper: Children $154.00, Adults $160.00

$10 per hour national average minimum wage.

2016 = 10 hours worked = 1 Disneyland ticket.

A family can't afford to go to the parks anymore, the entrance fee's are too much.

Should be under $50 to get into the parks. Using 1955 as the base, ticket prices should be $10.00

I understand your point, but the parks are actually too crowded right now. People still stream in. If you lowered the price, even more suffocating crowds would arrive. Plus, the world debates the use of minimum wage, but few people with families are scraping by on minimum wage. Most people earn much more. Also, back in 1955 there weren't the shear number of attractions, and most guests were limited in what and how many times they could ride the E-ticket attractions.

For me, after a few days, the long walks start to get to me. Take the monorail to Epcot, for example, and you've probably done nearly half a mile of walking before you even get to Spaceship Earth. Personally, I don't mind walking, but some of that buffer walking becomes tiresome after being at WDW for a few days, especially the pointless walking that is probably designed to simply slow you down and burn up your time.

hoffman1

Not everything needs to be based on a movie/cartoon.
How about coming up with something totally new and creative specifically for the parks?
Then, if they are popular, maybe movies would be based on them years later ;) (ex. Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc).

Ralphlaw

How about coming up with something totally new and creative specifically for the parks?
Then, if they are popular, maybe movies would be based on them years later ;) (ex. Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc).

Or the original Epcot attractions, none were based on characters or cartoons that had been on a TV or movie screen. It was unique in that respect, and I truly liked the break from the cotton candy and bubble gum of Mickey and Goofy and the latest princesses. I don't think many of us on the boards prefer the 3 birds in the Mexican boat ride, or Elsa all over Norway. There was something different and more eternal at Epcot, which most of the pavilions and Illuminations and Soarin' and Test Track and Mission Space and Spaceship Earth still have. The IP (Intellectual Property) debate goes on, and I personally enjoy the break from cartoons that Epcot and the Boardwalk area have to offer. That's one reason why we spend so much time there.

Chef Mickey

Popular opinion.

Clopin Trouillefou

this thread is hysterical.

My unpopular opinion is more of a response, namely whenever they announce something new, regardless of what it's replacing or where it's going or how it fits into a vision from the 1970s, I'm legitimately as excited as a child. I've been going to WDW annually for the better part of 25 years. I could not care less that Ellen's Homage to Fossil Fuels is going away, let alone being replaced by something that has the potential to be very cool.

Matt_Black

Ok here's mine... stop using other people's idea for attractions in DISNEY theme parks aka Pandora, Marvel, Star Wars (ok that one may be less annoying since it's been at DHS forever but still) and start using imagination again. So many actual Disney created characters and themes that could be used instead.

That's still technically someone else's idea. How is a Disney Imagineer making an attraction from a Disney-owned Star Wars or Marvel property ANY different from making an attraction from Disney-Owned Walt Disney Animation Studios?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom