My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

El_Tomato

I'd rather have a very well done (looking at you, Joe Rohde) Dinoland area with CTX and an Excavator-type coaster replacing Dinorama over a cheap Indiana Jones overlay anyday. Please, no cheap IP overlays in what is the only Disney theme park in Orlando still left with thematic consistency.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

The general public deserves to have a say in what kinds of attractions Disney builds.
They do. Build poor attractions, they stop going.

To think the "general public" should have any preemptive say it what companies build is just comical. Consumers vote with their wallets...

The general public actually has no idea what they want. Think anyone knew they would want an iPhone?

Karakasa

I think Fantasmic is great, could use updating but it isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to say it is. I also feel like its superior to Disneyland's version, or at least, the updated Disneyland version.

I'm really not fond of the AAs with projected faces- Buzz Lightyear, the Bride, the mine train dwarves, and the FEA humans. It comes off as tacky to me rather than anything really amazing.

I prefer DINOSAUR to the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland.

I'm probably more saddened by DisneyQuest closing than GMR or EEA closing, even if the latter two were more enjoyable for me on my "last ride" of them than my last visit to DQ.

I could probably spend a full day at Epcot and Animal Kingdom and enjoy it without ever going on a single ride, even if said rides are top notch. I love exploring the World Showcase pavilions (especially Japan and Canada) and love spending time in the Seas; and with AK, going on the various trails or wandering around Rafiki's.

JHASdiz

That's still technically someone else's idea. How is a Disney Imagineer making an attraction from a Disney-owned Star Wars or Marvel property ANY different from making an attraction from Disney-Owned Walt Disney Animation Studios?

You must've missed my point...
"So many actual Disney created characters and themes that could be used instead." Like the post says it's unpopular. :)

Matt_Black

You must've missed my point...
"So many actual Disney created characters and themes that could be used instead." Like the post says it's unpopular. :)

Yeah, what's the difference? If it makes for a fun experience, does it matter who owned it or didn't when it was first created? Should we take out the music on Main Street U.S.A. because they're not Disney songs?

DanielleOG

Disney World is not expensive and is actually a great value.
Yessss I say this all the time to people who claim it is expensive! It is "a lot of money" there is no doubt but for what you get it makes sense. After I experienced my first full day at MK as an adult with my boyfriend I said "you know, they could charge $200 a day and I would still feel like i got my money's worth!"

Animaniac93-98

I've never really liked Animal Kingdom park that much. To me it's devoid of any of the charm, wit or romanticism that characterizes Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center or even some of MGM-Studios & Islands of Adventure. Much of the scenery looks the same, despite the park having designated areas and all the trees often obscure the sense of scale you might have from such a large park. The animal exhibits feel more focused on the setting than the actual animals and what few rides the park has don't have that much replay value either. The shows are nice, but they're one-and-dones IMO. Avatar, A Bug's Life and roadside carnivals are themes that just don't resonate with me.

I think the hotel is a better overall experience. It gives you the same idea, but it's more beautiful and of course, less crowded and doesn't require park admission.

s8film40

I've never really liked Animal Kingdom park that much. To me it's devoid of any of the charm, wit or romanticism that characterizes Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center or even some of MGM-Studios & Islands of Adventure. Much of the scenery looks the same, despite the park having designated areas and all the trees often obscure the sense of scale you might have from such a large park. The animal exhibits feel more focused on the setting than the actual animals and what few rides the park has don't have that much replay value either. The shows are nice, but they're one-and-dones IMO. Avatar, A Bug's Life and roadside carnivals are themes that just don't resonate with me.

I think the hotel is a better overall experience. It gives you the same idea, but it's more beautiful and of course, less crowded and doesn't require park admission.
What, you don't want to go on vacation to the stereotypical run down third world countries of other continents?

Starlight67

Why oh why is tomorrowland speedway still there ?? lol

Right????!!!! Speedway has lived long LONG beyond it's shelf life! :bored: We rode the Railroad around MK in January, was shocked to look down over Tomorrowland and see this still operating. I feel like Peoplemover can get away with with sticking around based on it's retro, vintage kind of kitschy appeal, but the speedway not so much. People were still lined up for it though, so obviously there are plenty of people who find it worth the time...

KINGLOUIS1993

Don't like Small World, Journey into Imagination and Enchanted Tiki Room.

I also think Space Mountain is a bit overrated, good, but not amazing.

Living with the Land is the most underrated attraction, I love it for some reason.

Otterhead

What, you don't want to go on vacation to the stereotypical run down third world countries of other continents?
I... don't think there's anything "run down" about Animal Kingdom or Harambe Village. That's what villages in Africa look like. Calling it "stereotypical" and "third world" and implying that you're better than that sort of thing is, well, pretty racist. Please don't do that.

I also think Space Mountain is a bit overrated, good, but not amazing.
I like Space Mountain... in moderation. The Disneyland version is surprisingly smoother and its soundtrack really elevates it. I once went to MK with a 14-year-old whose goal was to ride Space Mountain 25 times in a row. After that, I needed a bit of a break from the ride for awhile, and so did my back.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom