My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Otterhead

I think Disney shouldn't rent strollers, especially double wide ones.
Strollers are a necessity, but I agree that double-wide strollers should be phased out of rentals. They're simply too wide to be used in crowds. I'd say 90% of the time that I see someone get hit by strollers, it's double-wides.

TwilightZone

Don't like Small World, Journey into Imagination and Enchanted Tiki Room.

I also think Space Mountain is a bit overrated, good, but not amazing.

Living with the Land is the most underrated attraction, I love it for some reason.
When you say journey into imagination are you referring to the original 80's version or the modern version, because those two are completely different rides.
The modern version is the awful one with nigel channing.
The 80s version is the one with the dreamfinder.

Mainahman

Double Strollers are the Devil... ECVS should stay seated and not take another bus seat on top of the 3 they take for the scooter. Just because your not from the USA and here, doesnt make you more special and get to cut me in line and assume i wont notice.

"oh they are with us" is a lie more times than not...

Winter

I don't mind the Guardians ride coming to Epcot. It doesn't really fit the park thematically, but I don'r really mind it, espicially considering it only replaced Universe of Energy, which I didn't really care too much about.

I don't mind Toy Story Land either. I know it's not as good as Pandora, Harry Potter, or (I assume, I've never been to it but it aounds really good) Cars land, or as good as Star Wars land and Nintendo land probably will be, but I don't think it was intended that way anyway. Without expecting it to be as good as that, it doesn't sound bad.

Frozen Ever After is a great ride.

Frozen Ever After > Maelstrom

Test Track is a great ride.

Mission Space is terrible (and I'm not saying this just because it replaced Horizons, in fact that ride was removed before I was even born)

The Seas with Nemo is a good ride

Toy Story Mania is a great ride and doesn't feel like a bad video game. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is also a very good ride, though the shooting should be more comfortable

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a great ride

Space Mountain is still a great ride, I do agree it should have a refurbishment that replaces the tracks, but it's still great as is

Winnie the Pooh is a good ride. Not a great ride, but still a good ride, around the same range as most of the other fantasyland dark rides. Although the line queue is an abomination.

The Monorails are still really good. Just like Space Mountain, I DO think they should be refurbished, but I still think they're really good

I feel like Disney should try to make some of the rides/pre-shows less-claustrophibic. This isn't usually a problem, but most of the pre-shows/theater enterences and some of the rides (such as Killaminjaro Safaris) are way too claustrophobic, and it ruins the experience for them. I'd be willing to wait a few more minutes for the claustrophobic rides if it meant it wasn't so claustrophobic.

Last edited:

splashingatkali

I don't like dole whip
I don't like TL speedway, Stitch, StarTours, TOL,
Would never wait in a line to meet a character
Bring back snow white scary adventures
Not a fan of Casey's Corner hotdogs
Firework at MK is not a necessity every trip
Not a fan of Fantasmic.
Really NOT a fan of Dapper Dans

Mainahman

I don't mind the Guardians ride coming to Epcot. It doesn't really fit the park thematically, but I don'r really mind it, espicially considering it only replaced Universe of Energy, which I didn't really care too much about.

I don't mind Toy Story Land either. I know it's not as good as Pandora, Harry Potter, or (I assume, I've never been to it but it aounds really good) Cars land, or as good as Star Wars land and Nintendo land probably will be, but I don't think it was intended that way anyway. Without expecting it to be as good as that, it doesn't sound bad.

Frozen Ever After is a great ride.

Frozen Ever After > Maelstrom

Test Track is a great ride.

Mission Space is terrible (and I'm not saying this just because it replaced Horizons, in fact that ride was removed before I was even born)

The Seas with Nemo is a good ride

Toy Story Mania is a great ride and doesn't feel like a bad video game. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is also a very good ride, though the shooting should be more comfortable

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a great ride

Space Mountain is still a great ride, I do agree it should have a refurbishment that replaces the tracks, but it's still great as is

Winnie the Pooh is a good ride. Not a great ride, but still a good ride, around the same range as most of the other fantasyland dark rides. Although the line queue is an abomination.

The Monorails are still really good. Just like Space Mountain, I DO think they should be refurbished, but I still think they're really good

I feel like Disney should try to make some of the rides/pre-shows less-claustrophibic. This isn't usually a problem, but most of the pre-shows/theater enterences and some of the rides (such as Killaminjaro Safaris) are way too claustrophobic, and it ruins the experience for them. I'd be willing to wait a few more minutes for the claustrophobic rides if it meant it wasn't so claustrophobic.
I was an avid lover of Maelstrom, and complained until I experienced frozen ever after. I'm a tech geek so the tech in there is pretty amazing. Well done for sure! I can live with the loss.

KINGLOUIS1993

When you say journey into imagination are you referring to the original 80's version or the modern version, because those two are completely different rides.
The modern version is the awful one with nigel channing.
The 80s version is the one with the dreamfinder.
Apologies I mean the current one, I am only 24 so never rode the original.

Otterhead

I was an avid lover of Maelstrom, and complained until I experienced frozen ever after. I'm a tech geek so the tech in there is pretty amazing. Well done for sure! I can live with the loss.
Same here! My friends and I lamented its loss -- we all loved the goofy ridiculousness of Maelstrom, being attacked by trolls and then splashing down next to an oil derrick in the North Sea. "The spirit of Norway is... and will always be.... aquavit."

But even as someone who's not a huge Frozen fan, I was really impressed by the new ride, the terrific new AAs, and the way they repurposed the ride in smart and classy ways. I wouldn't wait two hours for it, but it's well done.

Mainahman

Same here! My friends and I lamented its loss -- we all loved the goofy ridiculousness of Maelstrom, being attacked by trolls and then splashing down next to an oil derrick in the North Sea. "The spirit of Norway is... and will always be.... aquavit."

But even as someone who's not a huge Frozen fan, I was really impressed by the new ride, the terrific new AAs, and the way they repurposed the ride in smart and classy ways. I wouldn't wait two hours for it, but it's well done.
Amen! I looooved that original ride. its one of my favorite memories to my first EPCOT trip in 2001. I also wouldn't wait, but i was able to score a fast pass for it the night before we were going to EPCOT so we got right on.

RalphieN

Really dislike Disney Bus transportation. The wait time for the bus seems to be much longer than it should be to me usually and sometimes the ride can be extremely long (see comment below).

Warning-Anti-Family/Anti-Disability opinion: I think Disney should make one day per week for each park be a "Wheels-Free" day with no strollers/no wheel chairs/no scooters for that park on that day. Getting back to the transportation part above, scooters can add significant travel time from resort to park (and back) due to the driver needing to go through all of the extra time needed to secure the scooter on the bus, etc...... along with the greatly added congestion within the parks due to strollers, wheel chairs and scooters, etc......... I know its mean to point this out so ...........sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom