My Magic + details ...

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Now you can blow one of the precious FastPassMinus on a 'Dining experience'

BOGTest_zps181f1f20.png

They don't count against your FP+ availability.

NYwdwfan

Now you can blow one of the precious FastPassMinus on a 'Dining experience'

BOGTest_zps181f1f20.png

The pre-order food option is just ridiculous. I was once invited to a wedding and the response card asked if you wanted chicken, steak or fish. I can book a restaurant months in advance, just by knowing my preference in types of foods, but a particular meal? Absolutely not.

Matt_Black

The pre-order food option is just ridiculous. I was once invited to a wedding and the response card asked if you wanted chicken, steak or fish. I can book a restaurant months in advance, just by knowing my preference in types of foods, but a particular meal? Absolutely not.

According to an early review on the Disney Food Blog, most meal order choices can be changed once you're there and checked in.

Nemo14

Most weddings require that now in order to prepare the right amount of dishes, but a restaurant doing that for a meal? No way!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

This is really designed for day-of meal selection and as @Matt_Black stated can be changed at any time prior to payment.

NYwdwfan

According to an early review on the Disney Food Blog, most meal order choices can be changed once you're there and checked in.

OK - better - but why ask then? If people can change then it can't be being used for estimating supplies.

Most weddings require that now in order to prepare the right amount of dishes, but a restaurant doing that for a meal? No way!

Huh. Interesting. Still don't like it!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OK - better - but why ask then? If people can change then it can't be being used for estimating supplies.

Huh. Interesting. Still don't like it!

Just watch them change this so changes cannot be made with 24 hours of reservation time, Remember this beast is for DISNEY's financial benefit - NOT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Bairstow

Sure it can.

A lot of people, if not most people, won't change, because they really do prefer, say, chicken over beef.

Or, if one of the selections is massively unpopular on the RSVP card, it stands to reason it won't be any more popular on the day-of.
Finally, people who had no preference in the beginning will probably be switching in a random manner, so barring something like a big mad cow disease story in the news, their swaps back and forth will be mostly uniform.

stevehousse

I just made my lunch reservations there for our November trip.

Just an FYI:
When booking, it give you 2 time choices. We chose 12-1215pm. It then gives you 2 other options, FP entrance with direct to table(ordering ahead), or FP entrance with expedited Arrival, which is ordering once you arrive!

NYwdwfan

Sure it can.

A lot of people, if not most people, won't change, because they really do prefer, say, chicken over beef.

Or, if one of the selections is massively unpopular on the RSVP card, it stands to reason it won't be any more popular on the day-of.
Finally, people who had no preference in the beginning will probably be switching in a random manner, so barring something like a big mad cow disease story in the news, their swaps back and forth will be mostly uniform.

Makes sense...still don't like it.

CDavid

Sure it can.

You don't actually need people to pre-order meals in advance (which really is silly) to determine how many of each entree you're likely to sell, and therefore the quantity of supplies required. Allowing for changes in seasons, holidays, and that sort of thing, chances are the number of each fish, beef, and chicken dish customers bought last week is roughly similar to the number they'll buy this week, too.

What I assume was someone had the (half-baked) idea of having your food prepared and ready when you arrive for your seating, because from Disney's perspective it is both inefficient and costly to have your party occupying a table for 20 minutes waiting on your meal to arrive. But that plan is largely defeated by permitting widespread changes upon arrival. In any case, picking out meals weeks or more in advance is beyond silly - it's absurd. Permitting selections on the day of dining (say, an hour or two prior) might make a bit more sense, but even then there will be changes. Worse still is the idea to rush people through their meals to fit more guests, as the last thing I want to feel (especially at Disney dining prices) is rushed through my dinner.

Potus1976

I really do not understand the grumbles over the new Magic Bands and FastPass+. Each to his own, I guess. However, we received our bands and have already made all of our reservations for dinning and fastpass. If you do not like the new process....my understanding is you do not have to participate. Each guest still receives the plastic card keys that can be used.

We go to WDW around 2 times a year. Once for the Flower and Garden Festival and once for the Food and Wine. Sometimes we make it for a 2-3 days for Christmas. As an expierenced Disney fan....I am very excited about the new Bands and FastPass+. I think it is a step in the right direction.

Once again....to each his own. Just my opinion.

CDavid

I really do not understand the grumbles over the new Magic Bands and FastPass+. Each to his own, I guess. However, we received our bands and have already made all of our reservations for dinning and fastpass. If you do not like the new process....my understanding is you do not have to participate. Each guest still receives the plastic card keys that can be used.

We go to WDW around 2 times a year. Once for the Flower and Garden Festival and once for the Food and Wine. Sometimes we make it for a 2-3 days for Christmas. As an expierenced Disney fan....I am very excited about the new Bands and FastPass+. I think it is a step in the right direction.

President Carter? Welcome!

One major concern is that when traditional FP's go away, you will then have to participate in FP+, and as a man I really don't care to wear a colored bracele...err, colored band.

COProgressFan

The concept of booking FPs from central locations (or smartphones) is one that is somewhat acceptable to many on these forums, myself included. But how do you feel about booking FP+ reservations 60 days in advance? Do you know exactly where you'll be and what you'll want to do 60 days beforehand?

Bairstow

The concept of booking FPs from central locations (or smartphones) is one that is somewhat acceptable to many on these forums, myself included. But how do you feel about booking FP+ reservations 60 days in advance? Do you know exactly where you'll be and what you'll want to do 60 days beforehand?

No, but having used the system like this, the beauty part is that it doesn't matter. The trick is to not care so much. Pick the rides you want that have long or unpleasant queues, then forget about it.
As long as you're in the right park, you can just check your phone the day-of to remind yourself when your reservation times are. Since each ride reservation window is an hour long, it's really no big deal to get across a park to do a particular attraction with reduced wait time.

ParentsOf4

Welcome to these threads with your first post! Your comments have been discussed many times before. I'll try to summarize why FP+ is disliked so much:

As an experienced WDW vacationer, let's look at FP+ from your perspective. Today, experienced WDW visitors often can get a dozen FP selections per day at multiple parks. With FP+, you will be limited to 3 FP+ selections per day and only at one park.

With FP, every WDW guest has an equal opportunity to get FP. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into it. With FP+, onsite guests will be at an advantage since they will be able to book their FP+ experiences at 60 days from arrival + 10 days. Once FP+ is well understood, it's highly likely offsite guests will be unable to obtain any FP+ selections for high-demand/low-capacity attractions such as Soarin' and TSM.

Most people are not uber planners and don't want to map out every single moment of their vacations two months before they arrive yet, if they don't, there's a strong possibility that all the "good" FP+ selections will be gone.

The entire NextGen initiative, including FP+, has cost over $2B. Universal built the entire Wizzarding World of Harry Potter for $265M and it now generally is considered the best executed "land" in all Orlando. Imagine what WDW could have done with $2B if they had actually spent it wisely by adding and improving attractions at the parks!

Ultimately, WDW suffers from a capacity problem that FP+ does nothing to address.

The Walt Disney Company CFO Jay Rasulo bluntly summarized for Wall Street why FP+ is being implemented: "So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet."

FP+ has little to do with improving guest experience. FP+ is all about more money for corporate Disney.

Hopefully, it's a little bit clearer why we "grumble" over FP+ :)

JimJam

Quick question, when i go on MDE online and try to make my FP+ reservations, it says "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.". It then exits me back to the main page. Why cant i make the reservations?

stevehousse

Quick question, when i go on MDE online and try to make my FP+ reservations, it says "The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.". It then exits me back to the main page. Why cant i make the reservations?

When are you staying and did you do online check in yet? Make sure your package or tickets are links to your profile...

gboiler1

Why would u be missing out if your resort is in the trial? I booked all my FP and bands for November already and we too r staying at All Stars. Did you go on the Disney website and do online check in? And have all your family profiles completed and package or tickets linked? The length of your stay doesn't matter either...

Interesting point Steve. I'll have to check tonight at home. I always go thru an agent so they get the commissions off my trips but no reason I can't enter that info off my paperwork.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom