My Magic + details ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
hammer-and-nail.jpg

When your only tool is a hammer - EVERY problem looks like a nail...

Jrn14

I'm not reading this whole thread so I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I've noticed that Google is aggressively shoving Google+ down everyone's throats and ruining YouTube in the process... Which begs the questions which is worse My Magic+ or Google + and will they change the definition of what plus means because of these recent phenomena.

satchamo

I don't understand what alot of you do in the parks- I ride the rides, not just one time, but multiple times a day. I always have a FP in hand from the moment I arrive at the park til it closes. FP was a means to avoid spending time IN LINE a ride rather than riding a ride. So years ago when this was a solution to avoid long lines, now its not? 3 a day is ridiculous- unless these reserved ones can be combined with ones you get at the park using your arm band instead of paper. Someone earlier said they couldn't do both- yes they can-just the same as they do now, only you add the pre reserves in and set a limit on them.

Plus can anyone tell me why anyone would buy a park hopper pass now? Surely Disney thought that if they restrict 3 FPs to one park, they will lose revenue with the decline of park hoppers.

stalkingmickey

I don't understand what alot of you do in the parks- I ride the rides, not just one time, but multiple times a day. I always have a FP in hand from the moment I arrive at the park til it closes. FP was a means to avoid spending time IN LINE a ride rather than riding a ride. So years ago when this was a solution to avoid long lines, now its not? 3 a day is ridiculous- unless these reserved ones can be combined with ones you get at the park using your arm band instead of paper. Someone earlier said they couldn't do both- yes they can-just the same as they do now, only you add the pre reserves in and set a limit on them.

Plus can anyone tell me why anyone would buy a park hopper pass now? Surely Disney thought that if they restrict 3 FPs to one park, they will lose revenue with the decline of park hoppers.

Like I said in my post above it did not restrict me from park hopping. Most of the the fastpass+ choices are grouped and you can get them early in day then go to another park or get late in day one and go to different park in the morning.

You can only get most fastpass in the park if you have a plastic key to the world card or and AP card and the ride still has the original paper fastpass distribution machines set up. You can not use you band in the park for additional fastpasses.

J061112C

I guess the system means different things for each guest. Although for us, we have gained with FP+. As annual passholders, we like to come to the park in the afternoon and stay until fireworks. Most of the time we could forget about getting FPs for anything. Now, we are able to ride at least one of the big rides each time we visit, with minimal waiting. We have access to FP+ from a recent resort stay.

I will also say that as a universal passholder, unless I wanted to pay more money for the express pass, I could expect to wait in standby lines for everything. The same can be said for Busch gardens in Tampa, we also hold passes for there, more money to skip long lines. I know some have suggested that Disney could charge for FP access, hopefully that never happens, but if they did, it'd bring them in line with other major florida theme parks.

asianway

FP has been around what 14 years? I've never toured that way and I doubt I am alone. FP+ is meant to shut people like you down as you use more than your fair share of ride capacity.

My only problem with FP+ is the insane preplanning aspect. I mean how many times can one ride TSMM.

Weather_Lady

FP has been around what 14 years? I've never toured that way and I doubt I am alone. FP+ is meant to shut people like you down as you use more than your fair share of ride capacity.

My only problem with FP+ is the insane preplanning aspect. I mean how many times can one ride TSMM.

If WDW felt people had a "share" of ride capacity that they were overusing, they could have placed a limit on legacy Fastpasses, using the same infrastructure, and still preserved the value of the program for those who cared to use it, instead of diminishing the value for everyone. But Disney didn't. In fact, few legacy Fastpass attractions ever even "sold out" of their daily Fastpass allotment (notable exceptions like TSMM and Soarin' existed, of course, and if it wanted, WDW could have limited each person's use of FPs for those attractions to one per day...). Insulting people who used the old system frequently, but fairly and entirely within the rules, as if they were "ride hogs" or abusers, is really uncalled-for.

asianway

If WDW felt people had a "share" of ride capacity that they were overusing, they could have placed a limit on legacy Fastpasses, using the same infrastructure, and still preserved the value of the program for those who cared to use it, instead of diminishing the value for everyone. But Disney didn't. In fact, few legacy Fastpass attractions ever even "sold out" of their daily Fastpass allotment (notable exceptions like TSMM and Soarin' existed, of course, and if it wanted, WDW could have limited each person's use of FPs for those attractions to one per day...). Insulting people who used the old system frequently, but fairly and entirely within the rules, as if they were "ride hogs" or abusers, is really uncalled-for.
I'm not casting any judgments but these are the facts. Personally I have no skin in the game. I rarely used FP and I will even more rarely use FP+. Disney has a happiness metric of rides per admit, this will get that number up. Sure there were other ways to accomplish it but this is how they did it- don't shoot the messenger

jrlbc06

Usage like this is not using more than a fair share of ride capacity. There is no fair share of ride capacity. That statement is ridiculous. Everyone is not guaranteed or entitled to 9.7 rides per day. If Disney agreed with you they could limit the number of legacy fastpasses allowed to pull per day. Or extend the window in between when they could be held (i.e. can't get your next one until an hour after using your last one).

asianway

Usage like this is not using more than a fair share of ride capacity. There is no fair share of ride capacity. That statement is ridiculous. Everyone is not guaranteed or entitled to 9.7 rides per day. If Disney agreed with you they could limit the number of legacy fastpasses allowed to pull per day. Or extend the window in between when they could be held (i.e. can't get your next one until an hour after using your last one).
No they did agree with me...listen to yourself. 3 per day plus no repeats.

Fable McCloud

It's so confusing for me. When I went in 2011, the only time I got FPs were when we went to AK and DHS. We got the FP for ToT and rode RNRC while we waited. Then in AK we got the FP for Everest while we did the Kilimanjaro Safari. I don't know why you would get the band if you can just get passes ride what you want, hop to another park and do the same. The whole 1 park thing makes it weird to me.

mergatroid

I personally like the system. We went on Sept bought AP and booked all our Fasspass+ the first day. If we have early passes then after using them we would go to another park to do other things. I did not in any way stop me from park hopping. I just finished booking out fasspass+ for January trip. I either picked early in day or late in day so we could go to other parks.

Spending more money..... well that comes from the thought that all you have to do is swipe your band and your done. opposed to going into wallet, bag, purse to look for either cash, cc, or debit card. believe it or not the easier it is to pay for something the more people spend.

Had no glitches last time, everything online looks right so hopefully we have a great experience again.

I'm assuming you stayed in a Disney hotel? The reason I say this is because we bought 2 Permium Anual Passes in October and were denied the use of fastpass +?

stalkingmickey

I'm assuming you stayed in a Disney hotel? The reason I say this is because we bought 2 Permium Anual Passes in October and were denied the use of fastpass +?
Yes We have access to FP+ system with our AP we bought on our last trip in Sept. So I was able to make FP+ reservations for our trip in Jan 60 days out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom