My Magic + details ...

COProgressFan

If you don't have your tickets purchased, how are you going to be making fastpass plus reservations to begin with?

How is it any different now?
People who plan ahead, either before the trip or at the beginning of the day have always, and always will have an edge.

Simply put, this is not my idea of a vacation. Under the new system, if I don't pre-plan my trip (which park each day, which rides I want to see, and what time) well in advance, I am at a disadvantage. This negatively influences my visit in a significant way.

And there is an enormous difference between planning 60 days out and planning at the beginning of the day.

pobutre

Just a note to anybody who is traveling to WDW soon and hasn't been asked to be part of the test. I have a trip planned for 11/30-12/6. I have booked 5 DVC villas in 3 different resorts for family. My husband and I have DVC APs, 2 members of our party of 6 day park hoppers and the rest have 5 day park hoppers. I'm managing ALL of their information on mydisneyexperience. Yesterday was 60 days out for us and none of us have been invited to a test, but I was able to make all of my fastpass+ for the entire trip yesterday (without doing early check-in) and I ordered all of our magicbands to be sent to 5 different addresses in 3 states (let's see what happens). Also, it's interesting that our APs were just renewed over the phone last month, so we only have a voucher number attached to the disneyexperience app, but that allowed us to make fastpass+ reservations.

I guess my point is...don't wait for an test invite if your trip is coming up. If you are 60 days or less out you should check the website and see if you can make your plans and get your magicband. BTW, we are staying at Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas and Saratoga Villas.

ThemeParkJunkee

Just a note to anybody who is traveling to WDW soon and hasn't been asked to be part of the test. I have a trip planned for 11/30-12/6. I have booked 5 DVC villas in 3 different resorts for family. My husband and I have DVC APs, 2 members of our party of 6 day park hoppers and the rest have 5 day park hoppers. I'm managing ALL of their information on mydisneyexperience. Yesterday was 60 days out for us and none of us have been invited to a test, but I was able to make all of my fastpass+ for the entire trip yesterday (without doing early check-in) and I ordered all of our magicbands to be sent to 5 different addresses in 3 states (let's see what happens). Also, it's interesting that our APs were just renewed over the phone last month, so we only have a voucher number attached to the disneyexperience app, but that allowed us to make fastpass+ reservations.

I guess my point is...don't wait for an test invite if your trip is coming up. If you are 60 days or less out you should check the website and see if you can make your plans and get your magicband. BTW, we are staying at Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas and Saratoga Villas.

You would not need an invitation if testing is complete and rollout has begun.

pobutre

You would not need an invitation if testing is complete and rollout has begun.
Right...of course I've been told by several CMs over the past few months that roll out is NOT happening until 2014. Also, if they were planning on rolling out before 2014 it would have been nice to receive some sort of notification. I just knew better and was planning on checking online at 60 days out no matter what. What about the people who aren't checking? What about DVC reaching out to their members about the rollout? seems like it's going to be a pretty complete and quick rollout since I know it's covering at least 3 DVC resorts by the end of November.

Also, forgot to mention this before, but I seem to remember some members here had tested and received a 4th fastpass+ for MK. I did not get an option to pick a 4th.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Right...of course I've been told by several CMs over the past few months that roll out is NOT happening until 2014. Also, if they were planning on rolling out before 2014 it would have been nice to receive some sort of notification. I just knew better and was planning on checking online at 60 days out no matter what. What about the people who aren't checking? What about DVC reaching out to their members about the rollout? seems like it's going to be a pretty complete and quick rollout since I know it's covering at least 3 DVC resorts by the end of November.

Also, forgot to mention this before, but I seem to remember some members here had tested and received a 4th fastpass+ for MK. I did not get an option to pick a 4th.

Based on a conversation of about an hour or so this morning, I was informed that testing will be finished at the end of November. They are still having trouble with premier annual passport holders and some other types of annual media as well. Linking Media to any type of reservation system is only possible when it is physically present. Plan on spending time at the concierge desk or guest relations to resolve many of the current issues with annual media.

*1023*

ThemeParkJunkee

So, I suspect this is a rollout only for those persons for whom it is possible. It is a staged, staggered rollout of the MM+/FP+ rollout. Perhaps certain NextGen limitations for certain types of passholders will delay full inclusion of those persons will require more work.

I have always believed the tests would lead to a full rollout before the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. I have always known my trip next fall will involve a fully evolved system and I am, therefore, scared.

durangojim

Oh... Don't forget, if you are a Premier AP holder, you can't do anything yet. I tried again to set up my upcoming trip and it will not accept my valid media.

I can't even begin to describe my frustration with this "new" system so far. I spend a metric tonne of cash on Disney and I am the least serviced customer they have. So, my least favorite president ever @Potus1976, this is "ONE" of the reasons I hate this "new" next gen boondoggle. The privacy concerns are even more a factor, however, if you mention that here the usual suspects on this board will accuse you of wearing a tin foil hat.

@ParentsOf4 is one of the most thoughtful, informed, and financially sound opinions on this subject so take the quoted below to be the best one available on MDE and it's associated ilk.

Thanks for joining the forums here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

*1023*

P.S. You can read any of my MDE associated posts elsewhere and find out what I consider the most bitter bile inducing about MyMagicMinus.

We had this same experience as well, but just yesterday my wife and my Premier Passes showed up in our profiles. Our next vacation starts Jan 11 so hopefully next week we'll be able to see if everything is working as it should.

WDWDad13

I don't want to open up a major debate again here... but I ran across information this morning I thought was interesting, especially how it somewhat relates to the MyMagic+ and MagicBands at WDW

Gartner predictions
by 2017, 80 perfect of consumers will collect, track, and barter their personal data for cost savings, convenience, and customization
by 2020, Consumer data collected from wearable devices will drive 5 percent of sales from the Global 1000

Joe Wolfers

going through the process currently so i figured i'd give an update on my experience...we are DVC members and will hitting the world mid december. purchased our new annual passes over the phone and cast members had to manually add our passes to mydisneyexperience since we won't have our paper passes till we arrive. was able to book all of our fastpass+ reservations fairly smoothly and linked all of our dining reservations to the account as well. they were also able to link all of our MVMCP tickets to the bands as well. was told that all we have to do is run over to the concierge desk when we arrive to have our paper annual passes printed. the bands will not give us access to passholder discounts so we must still carry the paper pass if we plan on using any discounts on food/merchandise etc...sounds like AP holders will eventually be able to have access to fastpass+/magic bands but right now it's limited to AP holders with disney resort hotel reservations

hope all this helps...sorry it was so lengthy

stalkingmickey

going through the process currently so i figured i'd give an update on my experience...we are DVC members and will hitting the world mid december. purchased our new annual passes over the phone and cast members had to manually add our passes to mydisneyexperience since we won't have our paper passes till we arrive. was able to book all of our fastpass+ reservations fairly smoothly and linked all of our dining reservations to the account as well. they were also able to link all of our MVMCP tickets to the bands as well. was told that all we have to do is run over to the concierge desk when we arrive to have our paper annual passes printed. the bands will not give us access to passholder discounts so we must still carry the paper pass if we plan on using any discounts on food/merchandise etc...sounds like AP holders will eventually be able to have access to fastpass+/magic bands but right now it's limited to AP holders with disney resort hotel reservations

hope all this helps...sorry it was so lengthy

Correct you still need to show you actual AP Pass and your ID for the discount. We had to in Sept with the bands. you will still be able to charge that purchase to your cc on account. and since I had AP pass in Sept I have been able to book Fastpass+ all along. Now I happen to have reservations in Jan at the BC and got the chance to customize our bands for that trip. I have a feeling by the time we are all said in done we will have 4 pairs of bands.

hpyhnt 1000

Simply put, this is not my idea of a vacation. Under the new system, if I don't pre-plan my trip (which park each day, which rides I want to see, and what time) well in advance, I am at a disadvantage. This negatively influences my visit in a significant way.

And there is an enormous difference between planning 60 days out and planning at the beginning of the day.

This. It can't be emphasized enough that, yes, while you can opt to NOT utilize the planning tools of MM+, you are then at a disadvantage compared to those who do plan through the system.

This disadvantage only becomes even more stark for those of us who elect to stay offsite and not at a WDW resort.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This. It can't be emphasized enough that, yes, while you can opt to NOT utilize the planning tools of MM+, you are then at a disadvantage compared to those who do plan through the system.

This disadvantage only becomes even more stark for those of us who elect to stay offsite and not at a WDW resort.

You are not at a disadvantage if you choose to take your vacation dollars elsewhere...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, I suspect this is a rollout only for those persons for whom it is possible. It is a staged, staggered rollout of the MM+/FP+ rollout. Perhaps certain NextGen limitations for certain types of passholders will delay full inclusion of those persons will require more work.

I have always believed the tests would lead to a full rollout before the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. I have always known my trip next fall will involve a fully evolved system and I am, therefore, scared.

AS you should be - however you could go to DL in Anaheim or take advantage of the low fares and see DL Paris, Or as a last resort stay at Portofino Bay and go to UNI, No preplanning, unlimited FOTL but no pixie dust...

FutureCEO

I really don't understand how Disney is going to get back the money put into this system? I understand it makes easier for people to buy stuff and that's it.

stalkingmickey

I personally like the system. We went on Sept bought AP and booked all our Fasspass+ the first day. If we have early passes then after using them we would go to another park to do other things. I did not in any way stop me from park hopping. I just finished booking out fasspass+ for January trip. I either picked early in day or late in day so we could go to other parks.

Spending more money..... well that comes from the thought that all you have to do is swipe your band and your done. opposed to going into wallet, bag, purse to look for either cash, cc, or debit card. believe it or not the easier it is to pay for something the more people spend.

Had no glitches last time, everything online looks right so hopefully we have a great experience again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom