My Magic + details ...

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Thanks. So I was just wondering since you seem to understand MM+ will I still be able to use Extra Magic Hours if I op out off MM+ or will I loss that?

EMH are based on the fact you stay onsite, although many of the "insiders" on this board are of the opinion that TDO is planning to further reduce the quantity or eliminate them altogether at some point in the future but I don't expect it anytime soon but have been surpised by TDO before. I am going in Dec/Jan and fully expect to use them as much as possible.

Captain Chaos

It is widely exptected that all Disney resorts will be live MM+ by October 1 as that is the first day of TWDC Q1 financial quarter.

I can buy into this... Remember, I stated last week I was told by DVC Member Services that BLT would be live September 30, so my email should be received on that date... Well, my options to customize my bands are already available to me, as are my FP+ options... Long before September 30...

So, to me, this fits into everything being live my Oct 1... At least, each resort participating in the testing...

Lord_Vader

I can buy into this... Remember, I stated last week I was told by DVC Member Services that BLT would be live September 30, so my email should be received on that date... Well, my options to customize my bands are already available to me, as are my FP+ options... Long before September 30...

So, to me, this fits into everything being live my Oct 1... At least, each resort participating in the testing...

I need to update, it looks like Nov 1 will be the date with continued rollout to various resorts during the month of October.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/09/wdw-mymagic-test-expands-again-sept-2013.html

Captain Chaos

I need to update, it looks like Nov 1 will be the date with continued rollout to various resorts during the month of October.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/09/wdw-mymagic-test-expands-again-sept-2013.html
Thanks for that link... That does seem to fit the dates Member Services told me... Sept 30 for BLT and Oct 21 for SSR... But maybe the guy was confused as to what those dates meant.. He told me I would get the emails on those dates, to then go into the account at that time and do my FP+ options and customize the bands... But as I said, I logged in the other day, and those options were already available to me... And if I waited for those dates, I would have missed the opportunity to customize the bands, as my BLT band had to be done by Sept 24 and SSR band by Sept 28... obviously long before the emails were to be sent out to me... BTW I still haven't gotten an email invite LOL...

YankeeMouse

CBR either with start dates either Sept 26 or October 4, have reservations for both, will finalize this week. Any word on FP+ for this resort? Also, I'm an Annual Passholder. Just editing this...just went to that link, which was VERY helpful, let me know I'm going to miss the FP+ test for both dates but good to know. Great info, thanks for the link!

Slov72

So, it will roll out everywhere on November 1st? I have a reservation from November 2-9th at Coronado, currently I cannot see anything on the My Disney Experience webpage, when should i expect to see this change?

deix15x8

With the new rollout dates announced today I now have a trip that spans the roll out date for our hotel. We are staying at Old Key West from October 10th through the 19th. We also have a second room at Baylake on October 10th and then Old Key West October 11th through the 19th. It now looks like MyMagic+ will be reaching this hotel starting October 14th. Do you think we will be stuck with the legacy system or will they upgrade us? We would prefer MyMagic+ even if it means an inconvenience on the morning of the 14th. I'm traveling with several people who have mobility issues so pre-booking fast pass and having fast pass for shows/parades would be a huge benefit for us.

WDWFanDave

Received an email from Disney Destinations that I've never received before, and I'd suggest it is related to the NGE/MM+ rollout. Says that I should keep an eye on my email while at WDW for special offers that will only be available while we are on the property (will expire on check out day). Looks like they are getting closer to full implementation, and this confirms many suspicions of how they will actually begin to monetize this in a significant way.

I'll check back in and share any 'offers' that I receive while I'm there.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
With the new rollout dates announced today I now have a trip that spans the roll out date for our hotel. We are staying at Old Key West from October 10th through the 19th. We also have a second room at Baylake on October 10th and then Old Key West October 11th through the 19th. It now looks like MyMagic+ will be reaching this hotel starting October 14th. Do you think we will be stuck with the legacy system or will they upgrade us? We would prefer MyMagic+ even if it means an inconvenience on the morning of the 14th. I'm traveling with several people who have mobility issues so pre-booking fast pass and having fast pass for shows/parades would be a huge benefit for us.
We are curious about this too. We arrive at SSR 2 days prior to the start of MM+ there. We would be happy to help test the system during the rest of our stay. Hopefully, we can switch over on that date.

DicksonGR

Well as I lie typing this in AKL I am about to have to get up and pack to go home after two weeks! The Disney Blues are hitting hard.

I did however feel that I should share my extremely positive experience of the Magic Bands.

In two weeks there has been not one problem with any aspect of the band. I have linked my UK 14 day ticket, used FP +, used it for room key, charged to the room and all of them have made things so much simpler. I have not spent more money than I usually would have so the program is not making me spend more as others have said.

The only problem I have is a tan mark from the band, but this can be easily covered as it's the wrist I usually wear my watch on.

Now if only they can improve the wifi in park and in resort I will be a happy guy!

Try it - I think you all will be surprised by how convenient it is.

Well done Disney! Now for some more new rides please! Lol Home time ....

Lord_Vader

has anyone heard anything on how/when this will be used/active for annual passholders not staying at a Disney resort

APs are supposed to get them, no timetable has been announced. I am an AP holder as well and have called a few times over the past few months with only a standard Disney reply that AP holders will be notified when they are available to them.

RSoxNo1

I mention this in the GAC/DAS thread, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fastpass+ revert back to a true "one at a time" policy for same day guests. By this, I mean that you can get access to another Fastpass upon using or cancelling the existing Fastpass. I would be 100% in favor of this, having used a similar set up on Six Flags' Flash Pass.

KingStefan

Fastpass, by its very nature, increases the the wait time of the standby queue. There is no refuting that fact. I'm not saying that the demand for the Mansion didn't also change at the same time, but Fastpass does make a standby queue longer.
This is a long-standing debate that will probably go on until we no longer have FP. I have an open mind on the issue, and I am willing to accept the premise that FP increases standby wait time *iff* someone can present some scientific evidence to support it. "by its very nature" just doesn't cut it. I would *welcome* evidence to support either side of the debate. It goes against my intuition regarding everything that I learned in queueing theory in systems engineering graduate school, but I must admit that i have not written down the parameters of the problem and solved it, nor have I done any real simulation. Just simple thought experiments. If *anyone* has defined the problem and worked it out mathematically and/or done any simulation work, please come forward, or perhaps contact me privately through the conversation facility. Maybe someday if I have the time, I'll do an engineering analysis and post it on another thread so that it can be refuted and discussed. For now, let's just agree to disagree.

I am an AP'er and we were at the World last week. We had our tickets linked to bands and were able to use them for FP+. I don't know if the system will be the same when the whole thing goes live but I was able to make FP reservations from my phone while standing in line for Star Tours for ToT, GMR and Star Tours just an hour later.

JillC LI

I am an AP'er and we were at the World last week. We had our tickets linked to bands and were able to use them for FP+. I don't know if the system will be the same when the whole thing goes live but I was able to make FP reservations from my phone while standing in line for Star Tours for ToT, GMR and Star Tours just an hour later.

What if someone (like me) does not have a smartphone? How inconvenienced will I be to make changes once I am on Disney property without access to my computer?

aladdin2007

We check in next week and as AP's we dont want the band, just want to use either our pass rfid card or the resort card, and yet I have already made fastplass selections. Are they going to require us to take and use the bands? I keep getting emails from Disney saying they will be ready for pickup etc when we arrive, but for several reasons we just simply do not want them.

We check in next week and as AP's we dont want the band, just want to use either our pass rfid card or the resort card, and yet I have already made fastplass selections. Are they going to require us to take and use the bands? I keep getting emails from Disney saying they will be ready for pickup etc when we arrive, but for several reasons we just simply do not want them.
From what I understand you will not have to use them. They will give you a RFID room key that will do the same as the band. I do not know if you will have to take the bands from the front desk if you tell them no thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom