My Magic + details ...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If this is typical of the Mickey Mouse minus survey questions given to the test subjects it explains the published "magical" results touted by the WDW folks. I think the experiences related on these forums are closer to the real world.
I took the survey, and yes...there are many questions where the answer is...vague.

Most of them though were sliding scale (1 to 10)

Fractal514

So I have an upcoming trip, and lately if I wanted to eat at a high demand restaurant I've opted to make reservations on multiple nights and then cancel when I reach a decision. I had made a reservation for Via Napoli 6 months ago online using my Disney user name and password. Today, I went online to cancel it and was told that the reservation can only be cancelled by Tim. I looked at the information and both Tim and Timothy were linked to it, but only Tim could cancel it. Of course, both are me, and the reservation was booked with my email address and phone number.l

I hope you don't take offense to this, but I'm kinda glad you're having trouble with it. I think that clogging up the system with extra unnecessary ADR's is kinda selfish to others trying to make them, especially during a Free Dining period. I totally understand your perspective and even agree to the thought that having to book a dinner reservation 6 months out is ridiculous, but that's the system. You've found a way to game the system, sure, but those gamings of the system are what lead to some of the problems. In the future I hope Disney does even more to make it hard for people to do this type of thing. As I've said all along, if you want spontaneity in your vacation, just don't book everything ahead of time and take your chances with what is left. It seems like people want to have their cake and eat it too. They don't want to have to book 6 months out, but they also want to be able to eat at any restaurant they choose. Well, unfortunately, Disney is popular and that's not an option.

merry68

It is work, lol! And you need to keep a schedule! Eat here at this time, ride this at that time...

Crazy!

So you have just summed up my weekend... my family and I still cannot figure out a schedule, and we are 45 days away from our arrival... not 1 FP+ booked, and well, I am coming up with my questions than answers regarding FP+ and the MB stuff.

Sigh....

Clamman73

So you have just summed up my weekend... my family and I still cannot figure out a schedule, and we are 45 days away from our arrival... not 1 FP+ booked, and well, I am coming up with my questions than answers regarding FP+ and the MB stuff.

Sigh....
I don't have any ADRs to work around, just park hopping, but still must have changed my fastpass times a thousand times.

merry68

I don't have any ADRs to work around, just park hopping, but still must have changed my fastpass times a thousand times.

I have played around with it, and I laughed when I got that warning screen that our FP selections will be lost! Oh my! LOL!

No ADRs here either, but it just boggles my mind that so many folks are excited to book FP for rides so far away from a trip. I am not even sure of my schedule tomorrow.

I know things we'd like to do, but the constraints of FP+ is interfering right now. For example, We want to spend a morning in DHS and have selections picked out. However, if we use FP+ there, then we cannot pull FP+ when we hop over to MK that evening. I guess people are able to pull legacy FPs but what happens when that goes away? Yikes.

And I am still trying to figure out how folks pull legacy if they use their MB to get into the park as I thought you had to use your KTTW to pull paper FPs. So do I put the MB away and use KTTW when we hop over to MK? I am over in the other thread reading up, but it confuses me.

luv

I have played around with it, and I laughed when I got that warning screen that our FP selections will be lost! Oh my! LOL!

No ADRs here either, but it just boggles my mind that so many folks are excited to book FP for rides so far away from a trip. I am not even sure of my schedule tomorrow.

I know things we'd like to do, but the constraints of FP+ is interfering right now. For example, We want to spend a morning in DHS and have selections picked out. However, if we use FP+ there, then we cannot pull FP+ when we hop over to MK that evening. I guess people are able to pull legacy FPs but what happens when that goes away? Yikes.

And I am still trying to figure out how folks pull legacy if they use their MB to get into the park as I thought you had to use your KTTW to pull paper FPs. So do I put the MB away and use KTTW when we hop over to MK? I am over in the other thread reading up, but it confuses me.
You do not need a KTTW to use a FP machine. As of now, FP is available to all. Your park ticket works in the regular, paper FP machines. :)

If your park tickets happen to be on your KTTW card, then that, of course, is what you would use in the regular, paper FP machines. :)

LostPrincessKarleigh

Any one know if the all-stars might be able to get MagicBands or FP+ by October? I keep waiting but at this point we are 28 days from our trip and we can't even see our park ticket in my disney experience. :(

Pirate Magic

Hi
I have been part of the forum for a while I really don't post. This is my first time. But to answer LostPrincessKarle I too booked with Kingdom Konsultants. If you have the My Disney Experience app and have linked your reservation and family all you have to do is to go into My Tickets and it will tell you what to do. My family and I will be down there on September 24. You will be able to pick your bands and they will send it UPS to you. You should have a enough time before you leave to go down to Disney.

LostPrincessKarleigh

Hi
I have been part of the forum for a while I really don't post. This is my first time. But to answer LostPrincessKarle I too booked with Kingdom Konsultants. If you have the My Disney Experience app and have linked your reservation and family all you have to do is to go into My Tickets and it will tell you what to do. My family and I will be down there on September 24. You will be able to pick your bands and they will send it UPS to you. You should have a enough time before you leave to go down to Disney.
I can't enter in a ticket ID because I haven't recieved my tickets (or anything) as of yet.
Will kingdom Konsultants send them or should I receive a package directly from Disney? Just my tickets, not magic bands.

CaptainShortty

Checking in September 30 (already did online check in) and we are at all star music.

As of right now, you won't be eligible. The next rollout for additional resorts is scheduled for the end of the month (exact date to be disclosed at a later time...I'm not at liberty to say right now) and as of this moment music is not scheduled to be in the next set of resorts. Of course all of that could change depending on how the Guest Test/Rollout beginning tomorrow goes. So as of right now it's a no but don't completely give up hope!

LostPrincessKarleigh

As of right now, you won't be eligible. The next rollout for additional resorts is scheduled for the end of the month (exact date to be disclosed at a later time...I'm not at liberty to say right now) and as of this moment music is not scheduled to be in the next set of resorts. Of course all of that could change depending on how the Guest Test/Rollout beginning tomorrow goes. So as of right now it's a no but don't completely give up hope!
Aw. Pooh :(
But thanks for the info! :)

stevehousse

I keep hearing rumors that if the testing resorts go good that all resorts will be magic band ready at the end of October? Any truth to this???

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not only that.... If you WANTED to stay connected, you practically couldn't. There was no wifi, and cell signals would hardly ever connect.

Personally, I found that wonderful. Now, I've got two daughters and a wife staring at their hidden Mickey apps while in line instead of talking about their day.

Tell me how that helps build family memories.

It does not, Last trip I saw so many tweens buried in their iDevices, Definitely NOT making memories here, Look I design wireless systems for a living I have a vested interest in having as many people use wireless as possible but I like to put tech away while on vacation so I can spend time with family

janoimagine

Look I design wireless systems for a living I have a vested interest in having as many people use wireless as possible but I like to put tech away while on vacation so I can spend time with family

Agree completely.
I am a Producer and my cellphone, jetpack and laptop are practically grafted to my hands but when I am on vacation, the cell stays in the room. Not everyone wants to stare at a touch screen ... some of us actually like to unplug and slow our lives down while at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom