My Magic + details ...

stevehousse

Ok so in dealing with website/app and reservations, there is a link tickets option. How do I link my tickets to it if I don't have them yet? Do they send out tickets in the mail with the "official" disny mail they send out 30 days before or do the give them to you when you check in?

I haven't stayed on property in years so I don't remember the exact protocol?

Rob562

Ok so in dealing with website/app and reservations, there is a link tickets option. How do I link my tickets to it if I don't have them yet? Do they send out tickets in the mail with the "official" disny mail they send out 30 days before or do the give them to you when you check in?

I haven't stayed on property in years so I don't remember the exact protocol?

If the tickets are part of a package that you booked, you'll be able to assign them to the various people in your party on the website (presumably as part of the online check-in process at the ~60-day mark).

If you ordered them separately to pickup at Will Call, there is an option to enter the order number to assign the tickets.

-Rob

stevehousse

If the tickets are part of a package that you booked, you'll be able to assign them to the various people in your party on the website (presumably as part of the online check-in process at the ~60-day mark).

If you ordered them separately to pickup at Will Call, there is an option to enter the order number to assign the tickets.

-Rob

Thanks they are in my package and show up on the website package but not on the actual tickets page? I don't know...confusing!

dadddio

Thanks they are in my package and show up on the website package but not on the actual tickets page? I don't know...confusing!
Mine show up exactly the same way. In the packet that they sent out after we did on-line checkin, there is a note that the tickets will actually be assigned when we physically arrive. It's not a huge deal to us since we are not in a test hotel.

Mike730

I am not looking through 1500 comments to see if this has already been posted. If it has ignore or it can be deleted. Since several of us remain confused this is another shot at an explanation from an article I had not seen.

http://www.outpostorlando.com/how-the-magicband-and-mymagic-works/

This is really really great. Thanks.

I'm replying in part in hope that more people will see the link and read it.

As much as I'm not too keen on the "tracking" I'd really love to see those traffic pattern maps they'll inevitably have.

Buried20KLeague

Exactly, This is not a vacation this is Work with a capital W, Used to be a Disney trip was about checking out from reality for a few days, powering down the smartphone perhaps you still had it but it was ALL THE WAY OFF, MM- and FP- are not the way I want to vacation

Not only that.... If you WANTED to stay connected, you practically couldn't. There was no wifi, and cell signals would hardly ever connect.

Personally, I found that wonderful. Now, I've got two daughters and a wife staring at their hidden Mickey apps while in line instead of talking about their day.

Tell me how that helps build family memories.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Not only that.... If you WANTED to stay connected, you practically couldn't. There was no wifi, and cell signals would hardly ever connect.

Personally, I found that wonderful. Now, I've got two daughters and a wife staring at their hidden Mickey apps while in line instead of talking about their day.

Tell me how that helps build family memories.
The wifi / cellular was significantly better on my last trip a few weeks ago.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's my point. I LIKED not having wifi and cell. It was almost literally the only place we could completely disconnect.
I understand.

I didn't. See, availability is something that allows me to take 14 - 20 day trips there, instead of having to limit it to a few days.

When the service was terrible, I ended up with stressed clients at home, and one time even had to cut a trip short.

I do get (and largely agree) with your point though!

scout68

This is really really great. Thanks.

I'm replying in part in hope that more people will see the link and read it.

As much as I'm not too keen on the "tracking" I'd really love to see those traffic pattern maps they'll inevitably have.

The traffic patterns they will have control over. I want to grow up to be a WDW Shepherd.

RSoxNo1

So I have an upcoming trip, and lately if I wanted to eat at a high demand restaurant I've opted to make reservations on multiple nights and then cancel when I reach a decision. I had made a reservation for Via Napoli 6 months ago online using my Disney user name and password. Today, I went online to cancel it and was told that the reservation can only be cancelled by Tim. I looked at the information and both Tim and Timothy were linked to it, but only Tim could cancel it. Of course, both are me, and the reservation was booked with my email address and phone number.

I noticed the exact same thing on the 'Ohana reservation which is one that requires a credit card guarantee, meaning that due to a computer glitch where they have confused my full name with my nickname I am unable to cancel this reservation online should I want to avoid paying $10 a head. I called 407-WDW-CNCL and had them take care of the Via Napoli reservation but in order to properly connect the Ohana reservation they suggested I call the tech support for the website. The person I spoke with was very good, I know this isn't her fault, but it's incredibly frustrating that the go to resolution is "call tech support".

After the call, I had an option to take a survey which I did. I rated the cast member highly, but the final question and the options available amused me:

"What word would you use to describe your call experience today?"
Efficient
Magical
Exciting
Informational

Nubs70

So I have an upcoming trip, and lately if I wanted to eat at a high demand restaurant I've opted to make reservations on multiple nights and then cancel when I reach a decision. I had made a reservation for Via Napoli 6 months ago online using my Disney user name and password. Today, I went online to cancel it and was told that the reservation can only be cancelled by Tim. I looked at the information and both Tim and Timothy were linked to it, but only Tim could cancel it. Of course, both are me, and the reservation was booked with my email address and phone number.

I noticed the exact same thing on the 'Ohana reservation which is one that requires a credit card guarantee, meaning that due to a computer glitch where they have confused my full name with my nickname I am unable to cancel this reservation online should I want to avoid paying $10 a head. I called 407-WDW-CNCL and had them take care of the Via Napoli reservation but in order to properly connect the Ohana reservation they suggested I call the tech support for the website. The person I spoke with was very good, I know this isn't her fault, but it's incredibly frustrating that the go to resolution is "call tech support".

After the call, I had an option to take a survey which I did. I rated the cast member highly, but the final question and the options available amused me:

Efficient
Magical
Exciting
Informational
Tech support??? I bet the first thing they ask is "have you disconnected the power for 30 seconds and restarted???"".

dreamscometrue

I have a question.

I thought people had to be selected for Magic Band testing, but when I signed onto the Walt Disney World site today and checked 'My Disney Experience' for our upcoming vacation (in 8 days), it told me to customize Magic Bands. I don't remember that being there before. Following color and name selection, I went to FP+ and was able to select fastpasses for late night and early morning for several days of our vacation. We were never 'selected' for anything via e-mail or anything, but based on what I just mentioned, does it sound like it'll work for us?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have a question.

I thought people had to be selected for Magic Band testing, but when I signed onto the Walt Disney World site today and checked 'My Disney Experience' for our upcoming vacation (in 8 days), it told me to customize Magic Bands. Following that, I went to FP+ and was able to select fastpasses for late night and early morning for several days of our vacation. We were never 'selected' for anything via e-mail or anything, but based on what I just mentioned, does it sound like it'll work for us?
Yes.

If you see that, it means you have been "selected"...

That's how I found out too, through the website. They didn't notify me in advance...The options just "appeared" one day.

stevehousse

I have a question.

I thought people had to be selected for Magic Band testing, but when I signed onto the Walt Disney World site today and checked 'My Disney Experience' for our upcoming vacation (in 8 days), it told me to customize Magic Bands. I don't remember that being there before. Following color and name selection, I went to FP+ and was able to select fastpasses for late night and early morning for several days of our vacation. We were never 'selected' for anything via e-mail or anything, but based on what I just mentioned, does it sound like it'll work for us?

Which resort are u staying at? About half of the resorts are now open to it...

dreamscometrue

Yes.

If you see that, it means you have been "selected"...

That's how I found out too, through the website. They didn't notify me in advance...The options just "appeared" one day.

Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply.

I've read a lot on here, and other sites, as to what people believe to be the pros and cons of this system and I'm still not sure what I think about all of it. I do know that I'll like not having to collect all the kttw cards and run around to kiosks every hour or two trying to get paper fastpasses for our family members. I also know that as I type this, we have fastpasses secured for TSMM, R'nRC and ToT for the evening we arrive. In the past, after our afternoon flight from Canada, check in, etc., we would likely not have to been able to get on any of those attractions that day since we'd get to D.H.S. at about 6pm. Also, the next morning we have 4 MK fastpasses, including the Speedway, which we've never been on, and Peter Pan's Flight, which we haven't been on for 6 years because the queue is typically so long.

I think this will be really great for people who visit WDW rarely. I was just speaking with a friend who loves WDW, but can only afford to go every 3-5 years. She is pretty friggin' excited at the prospect that she can secure 3 or 4 of her families fav attractions each day of her next vacation.

Is it 'fair' that we, and others, already have fastpasses for attractions well before we arrive? I'm not sure. But somehow, I really like it. :)

wogwog

Efficient
Magical
Exciting
Informational

If this is typical of the Mickey Mouse minus survey questions given to the test subjects it explains the published "magical" results touted by the WDW folks. I think the experiences related on these forums are closer to the real world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom