My Little Mouseketeer's First Visit to the World (9/23 - 10/3)

Hello all…

First, a little background and a few caveats.

My girlie, Anastasia, looooves her Mickey. She’s been raised with the Mouse since she’s been born. Her first words were “Me-mou!” (or “Mickey Mouse!” for those of you who need a toddler-to-adult translation). At home she can spot a Mickey from 100 paces and go running to point it out to you. She only watches one show on TV every day, and that’s the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It’s safe to say the girl’s obsessed.

So we brought her home for 10 nights…

The caveats:

This is going to be nothing like my prior trip reports… I’m so thick with Mommy-brain that I barely remember what we did this morning, let alone what we did the first few days we were here, and in exactly what order. This will be mostly pictures of my little one with her beloved characters. Not much artsy photography, because it’s hard to snap away when you’re trying to keep your little one from launching herself headfirst into one perilous situation after another. Just some cute pics for you, a little explanation to go with them.

I hope you enjoy!

joanna71985

One of our family's favorite things while there is to watch the little bitty kiddies interact with characters. Even my sons catch these magical moments and point them out. I only hope the parents of these little angels don't get weirded out that we enjoy watching their kids. We totally do it in an inobtrusive way. LOL!

I love doing that too! Watching the little ones interact with the characters is so magical! That is why I love getting to work with the characters. I can see it everyday.

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
In the afternoon we took the girl to Epcot… this is where it dawned on me that she was allergic to her sunscreen. In the morning I had used my sunscreen on her since that’s what I had with me in the car… when she woke up from her nap I put her baby sunblock on her face and body… only to find that by the time we got to the park her eyes were puffy and red and she had two trails of liquid coming out of her nose… baaaad sunblock. Poor thing kept rubbing at her eyes and nose, and despite my wiping her face with a wet towel, she was pretty miserable for the afternoon until it wore off.

We took her to the character spot to lighten her mood a bit. All she wanted to do was cuddle with the characters because she was feeling so crummy.

Minnie trying to kiss it better:

ry%3D400

We did have a very cute character interaction with Chip and Dale though… she had spent her time with them and it was soon going to be the next person’s turn, so I told Anastasia that she was “All done” and we had to go… so she started doing the “All Done!” sign that I had taught her. So what did Chip and Dale do??

Everyone’s “All Done!”

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
We wandered around Innoventions for a while, but there was little that was toddler-friendly. We also stumbled on the 25th exhibit for Epcot.. ah the memories…

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
After our obligatory ride on Nemo and Figment, we headed over to Seasons for dinner… and that’s where she was introduced to Disney Mac n Cheese. This child doesn’t normally eat… I swear she lives on air… she’s tiny!! So to see her INHALE this was nothing short of Disney Magic!!

ry%3D400

She nearly finished off a child's size portion!!

ry%3D400

After that it was home again for a good night's sleep... she was adjusting to the new Pack n Play and by this time was sleeping normally again. Thank goodness!

joanna71985

We did have a very cute character interaction with Chip and Dale though… she had spent her time with them and it was soon going to be the next person’s turn, so I told Anastasia that she was “All done” and we had to go… so she started doing the “All Done!” sign that I had taught her. So what did Chip and Dale do??

Everyone’s “All Done!”

ry%3D400

Oh my goodness, I love it!! That is the cutest thing ever!

I love the saucey look on her face!

Yay!!! I've been trying to patiently wait for more updates...I just couldn't wait for more cute pics!:D I love the Mac and Cheese pic.....she is just too cute!

TakeMeThere81

I love your trip report. There is something so sweet and magical about hearing the child's perspective!! I'm sorry about the sunblock, I hate it when those things happen. It's like, "What the heck? And, why now of all places?!!" I'm glad she got over it in a few hours and it didn't spoil her fun too much. :animwink:

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Day 4:

We had so far spent every park day devoted to Anastasia, and we decided to spend the morning hitting all the “adult” rides in the MK. We baby swapped on Splash, and Space Mtn, then we took her on Pooh, Peter Pan, IASW (again) and the Haunted Mansion. I was worried about how she’d handle HM, especially where it gets dark and everyone screams in the stretching room…she wasn’t phased by it at all…heck, she even thought that the ghosts popping up and down in the graveyard were funny! I guess I shouldn’t have worried!

In the afternoon we went back to Epcot and wandered around. Did Nemo and Figment again (she looooves Nemo) and meandered to the land. We were undecided about dinner for that evening, and we decided to ask if there were tables available in the Garden Grille. Lo and behold there was a table for us! In the middle of free dining season! Wow!

Sadly we were less than impressed by the atmosphere, the service and the portions. We were seated on the second row because of the high chair, and it was almost impossible to see any of the scenes from the Land. Our server was poor, with very little attention paid to getting us drinks, or clearing the table. At one point we had no more room left and even though he stopped by he didn’t take any of the empty plates with him…

The characters were just okay…none of them stayed too long at our table… I couldn’t even get a decent shot of Mickey because he was gone in a flash… even with my poor kiddo reaching her arms out to him… I videotaped the whole encounter with Mickey – 29 seconds he spent at our table. I mean, I know they’ve got a lot of people to see, but come on!

Chip and my girl
ry%3D400

"Come back Mickey!!"

(The blur at the top left corner is mickey waving bye :rolleyes:)
ry%3D400

The food itself was really tasty – everything was good – especially the fried catfish. Sadly they brought us this platter to feed 3 adults. I’m sorry but it’s just not enough. We kept asking for more, especially the vegetables, the catfish and the beef.. and what did he bring us? i kid you not, 2 carrots and 2 stalks of broccolini, 5 catfish nuggets and 3 slices of beef… um, that just isn’t going to cut it. It’s just not enough for 3 people to eat off of! I felt ripped off.

ry%3D400

The kids meal was almost as much food as we had to share :rolleyes:
ry%3D400

None of us ate much of the desserts… her cupcake was dry, and I’m not a fan of bread pudding.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
From dinner we took her to the fountain on the walkway to the World showcase… I changed her into her bathing suit and let her go…

I almost think she had more fun than meeting Mickey… she had NO fear whatsoever. She had a ball just running back and forth between the fountains. Soon a small crowd had gathered to watch her enjoy herself in the water. She just acted like she was one of the big kids and splashed right along with them. She would especially love it when she would bend over to feel the water and it would splash up in her face. She would shriek with laughter and run around... and when the water was out of her eyes, she would go back for more. People were laughing with her and couldn’t get over how such a tiny thing was getting knocked over by the water and would not cry abut it… she enjoyed it!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One it became clear that she was getting cold, I tied to tell her that we were all done and we needed to go change… well, she wanted no part of that. I tried to lead her away but she decided to throw her first ever full blown temper tantrum. She threw herself on the ground and started to kick and cry… how dare we take her away from her beloved fountain!!! :eek: I know I’m in for trouble down the road – she is the same as I was when I was a kid – I’d be blue in the lips and shivering, but I’d vehemently protest that I was NOT cold and didn’t need to get out of the pool. I guess she got that from me. :rolleyes:

I had to carry her literally kicking and screaming to the baby care center to get her changed into dry clothes… she cheered up eventually and DH gave her a piggy back ride out of the park.

She practically passed out when it it was bedtime! All that water will do that to you!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b...GrVi2bNQe3nwI/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=550/ry=400/

popsicletrees

She is so adorable! I love seeing her interactions with the characters, and she isn't afraid of them at all! I have a nephew around her age who loves his "Mi Mouse." Just being able to read about what you are seeing through her eyes makes me want to take him that much more!

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
Day 5:

This morning we headed over to the studios… which was a bad idea. I had forgotten that it was an EMH morning there, and we arrived right around 9. So much for the low crowds! We did manage to see TSMM… it was cute, and exactly what I expected it to be. My arm needed a rest after it was over. I think I prefer Buzz’s lasers to the pull string… oh well.
ry%3D400

After meandering around for a while, we headed back for her nap, and while she slept, DH stayed with her while I took the boat to Downtown Disney for some shopping. I scored quite a few Mr. Potato Head parts for Anastasia and my nephew for Christmas. I also got a good glimpse of the Treehouse villas. DH is very excited about these, because he loved staying there as a kid and we can’t wait to stay there when they open next year. But for now, this is all I could see.

ry%3D400

Our villa...SO pretty:

ry%3D400

DisneyBunny

Original Poster
We headed over to Chef Mickey’s for dinner that evening. We were celebrating Anastasia’s first birthday a little late. We’ll never get to celebrate it on her actual birthday because I’m never going at the end of August… so this was close enough. I had never been there before. It was nice. Loud. But nice. The characters were much better than at the Garden Grille. She got a lot of interaction time :D

ry%3D400

"Oh BOY! It's Mickey!!"

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Tickling Minnie on the chin:

ry%3D400

"Where are Donald's ears?"

ry%3D400

Peek-a-boo with Pluto:
ry%3D400

birthday cupcake:

ry%3D400

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom