Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Jon81uk

Every time I hear about the show's supposed faults, it just draws my attention and makes me want to actually watch it... The Office format, the celeb cameos, the cheesy dramatic dilemmas such as their breakup. Sounds great.

I really enjoyed the show, it was just about silly enough, most characters kept their personalities as they were and there were laughs in each episode. Never got all the hate for the show.

tl77

Muppet Babies is being rebooted for Disney Junior

http://www.toughpigs.com/muppet-babies-reboot/
Thanks, this is the sort of relevant information I was looking for the Muppet Cortyard areaof the park, instead of people trying to sound smart spouting off useless facts about movie distribution rights which have no bearing what-so-ever on theme park rights

"WDWMagic where it's more important to sound smart than be helpful"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe the Muppets History show will turn out to be a test for a larger show installed into the facade of the last remaining section of the Street of America? Could be the perfect fit for the area and a wide open space for people to stop a watch.
I doubt it. This area is going to be very heavily used by people passing from A to B. The last thing they want are guests stopping and watching something. And there are no plans to accommodate a viewing area as such.

Princess Leia

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/10/26/breaking-a-brand-new-muppet-babies-show-is-on-the-way/?cmp=smc|636442174
The new Muppet Babies design looks pretty cute. With the show scheduled to air on Disney Junior in 2 years, it'll be interesting to see if they incorporate them into that area.
Muppet-Babies--1200x675.jpg

PizzaPlanet

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
As of October 27, 2016 here is what we know so far...

• Muppet Vision 3D is staying as is
  • Former pizza restaurant Pizza Planet, is being renovated to be PizzeRizzo
  • Bathrooms in this area are being renovated to be named Gozo's Royal Flush

As of October 27, 2016 here is what we are speculating...

• Current Streets of America facades across from Muppets Courtyard will lead to a Muppets expansion
  • Mama Melrose will go through a refurbishment through late next year, rumored to a Muppets retheme. There is a permit filed for current Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose through late 2017 permit credits to @danlb_2000
As of October 27, 2016 here is what is currently Muppet related attraction/shows going on throughout other Walt Disney World Parks...

• Magic Kingdom - The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History!
  • Epcot - Muppet Mobile Lab

Princess Leia

• Current Streets of America facades across from Muppets Courtyard will lead to a Muppets expansion
  • Mama Melrose will go through a refurbishment through late next year, rumored to a Muppets retheme. There is a permit filed for current Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose through late 2017 permit credits to @danlb_2000
As of October 27, 2016 here is what is currently Muppet related attraction/shows going on throughout other Walt Disney World Parks...

Bathroom renovation is complete :) Nothing really fancy about it, just a name in the front.

roj2323

Muppet vision 3D is getting some exterior remodeling. We don't know many details other than the hot air balloon is going away. The permits have already been issued so I suspect sometime in the next few weeks we should start to see something happening.

Goofyernmost

Muppet vision 3D is getting some exterior remodeling. We don't know many details other than the hot air balloon is going away. The permits have already been issued so I suspect sometime in the next few weeks we should start to see something happening.
I don't see why there would be any big rush to get rid of the balloon. They need something there to detract from the construction going on and it is at least two years away from completion. I don't see it disappearing very soon and if it does it is because they have something to replace it with. But, it really wouldn't make much sense to replace it with something since the only reason to remove it is the sight line from SWL and no one is going to see that until it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom