Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Goofyernmost

I understand that it's Quick Service, but that doesn't mean that the food has to be bad. I wish Disney would realize that though.
I'm not altogether sure that you or any other specific person has been assigned to determine what food is bad and what food isn't. It is a personal thing to be determined by each individual. And yes, it is fast food and therefore a person would have to be out of their mind to expect gourmet quality offerings anyway. I also think that a person with a real gourmet palate would not consider Pizza falling into any category of gourmet dining. People from NY think any Pizza anywhere else is awful. People from Chicago feel the same way if it's not deep dish. So if the pizza that they serve does not meet your personal requirements then you should find a place that does. It is impossible to fit into everyones personal likes. Because you do not like something does not make it bad, just one you don't like.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Cosmic Rays and Pizza Planet as the only two quick service restaurants in WDW that are bad (at least that I've been to). A lot of the others aren't great, but good for the relative price. A couple are genuinely pretty good! I still personally go with a hotel that has a continental breakfast, late lunch at somewhere all you can eat (or at least filling), then snacks late night when you get back to the hotel. it's about the same price as two QS meals during the day and way more delicious.

Donaldfan1934

Muppet vision 3D is getting some exterior remodeling. We don't know many details other than the hot air balloon is going away. The permits have already been issued so I suspect sometime in the next few weeks we should start to see something happening.
This really sucks. The balloon is one of the few significant landmarks in DHS. Why are they even wasting money remodeling an attraction exterior that works? They should be putting that money towards the old Fatnasyland tent facades.

MagicHappens1971

This really sucks. The balloon is one of the few significant landmarks in DHS. Why are they even wasting money remodeling an attraction exterior that works? They should be putting that money towards the old Fatnasyland tent facades.
I agree about the old Fantasyland tent facades as I truly hate them, but the balloon may have an awkward site line, as well as the fact that their trying to make the rest of the land fit in with the remaining SOA facade.

NearTheEars

I'm not altogether sure that you or any other specific person has been assigned to determine what food is bad and what food isn't. It is a personal thing to be determined by each individual. And yes, it is fast food and therefore a person would have to be out of their mind to expect gourmet quality offerings anyway. I also think that a person with a real gourmet palate would not consider Pizza falling into any category of gourmet dining. People from NY think any Pizza anywhere else is awful. People from Chicago feel the same way if it's not deep dish. So if the pizza that they serve does not meet your personal requirements then you should find a place that does. It is impossible to fit into everyones personal likes. Because you do not like something does not make it bad, just one you don't like.

Well, personally found the pizza to be edible, but cannot classify it as good.
I have enjoyed a few decent meatball subs at this location.
The salad ... well it's just a salad.
As you say, others are free to agree or disagree with that assessment.

The menu appears to be identical. I wish they would have ditched the personal pies and just gone with big, New York style slices. They would have been about the same amount of pizza anyway, and fit the theme.

I'm more interested in seeing the decor.

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
As of October 29, 2016 here is what we know so far...

• Muppet Vision 3D is staying as is
  • Former pizza restaurant Pizza Planet, is being renovated to be PizzeRizzo
  • PizzeRizzo will open November 18, 2016
  • Bathrooms in this area are being renovated to be named Gonzos Royal Flush
  • Gonzos Royal Flush is open, with no muppets theming inside the bathrooms

As of October 29, 2016 here is what we are speculating...

• Current Streets of America facades across from Muppets Courtyard will lead to a Muppets expansion
  • Mama Melrose will go through a refurbishment through late next year, rumored to a Muppets retheme. There is a permit filed for current Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose through late 2017 permit credits to @danlb_2000
As of October 29, 2016 here is what is currently Muppet related attractions and shows going on throughout other Walt Disney World Parks...

• Magic Kingdom - The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History!
  • Epcot - Muppet Mobile Lab
  • Disney Springs - Muppet Themed Christmas Tree in the Christmas Tree Line Up Walkthrough

roj2323

The balloon would be visible from starwars land which is presumably why it's being removed. Additionally it makes more sense to do it now while they have easy access from the former SOA area rather than tying to wiggle a crane into muppets courtyard later.

Goofyernmost

The balloon would be visible from starwars land which is presumably why it's being removed. Additionally it makes more sense to do it now while they have easy access from the former SOA area rather than tying to wiggle a crane into muppets courtyard later.
There is plenty of time to do that before it becomes a problem, however, they will take it down when the mood hits them. No need to speculate. If you look up some day and it is gone then they either took it down or a tornado took it to Oz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom