Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

roj2323

IMG_3655.JPG
I have the unfortunate duty to inform the group that it looks like the muppets fountain looks to be staying a planter permanently. They installed sprinklers.

Ismael Flores

The sprinklers hopefully were just added temporarily within the soil and the fountain is in tact. If they didn't add sprinklers the plants would have to be watered by hand.

Good thing is the fountain is still there, the beautiful Mickey fountain that was added and then soon covered with the aweful stage in DCA backlot for the night party was damaged and demolished.
Now that the stage is gone the fountain was torn out.

Guess they figured it was easier and less expensive to finish tearing it out then fixing it in an area that in a couple years might be demolitshed to expand DCA with Marvel

SplashJacket

The sprinklers hopefully were just added temporarily within the soil and the fountain is in tact. If they didn't add sprinklers the plants would have to be watered by hand.

Good thing is the fountain is still there, the beautiful Mickey fountain that was added and then soon covered with the aweful stage in DCA backlot for the night party was damaged and demolished.
Now that the stage is gone the fountain was torn out.

Guess they figured it was easier and less expensive to finish tearing it out then fixing it in an area that in a couple years might be demolitshed to expand DCA with Marvel
They put in the plants and took the fountain out because they were redoing the water lines, yet now they have water again and instead of putting the fountain back, they have a sprinkler...

Goofyernmost

Why would put in they put sprinklers in for temporary plants?
Because they have a water source that they can easily tap into. The question is why did they stop it to begin with and that is something that has been mentioned, but, as far as I can tell has been pure speculation. It may be temporary and it might not, only time will tell. Since we don't know how the entire area is going to end up, perhaps we should just have a little patience and wait. We will know soon enough.

MagicHappens1971

Because they have a water source that they can easily tap into. The question is why did they stop it to begin with and that is something that has been mentioned, but, as far as I can tell has been pure speculation. It may be temporary and it might not, only time will tell. Since we don't know how the entire area is going to end up, perhaps we should just have a little patience and wait. We will know soon enough.
The other part I'm confused about is, if they had to put plants in to work on the water pipes, shutting off the fountain, why would/how they put sprinklers in?

HiYa Pal

Possibly different types of water, could be a drainage thing. I think with the amount of water features added to DS, the era of removing water is over, so I do believe this is a temp thing.

roj2323

In regards to the fountain becoming a planter I think they changed it for a few reasons but aside from the expensive upkeep, Muppet courtyard has always been a bit of a concrete alley and making it a planter softens the environment a bit. Another issue that a lot of people might not consider is the fountain tended to spray water everywhere.

Fox&Hound

In regards to the fountain becoming a planter I think they changed it for a few reasons but aside from the expensive upkeep, Muppet courtyard has always been a bit of a concrete alley and making it a planter softens the environment a bit. Another issue that a lot of people might not consider is the fountain tended to spray water everywhere.

I agree! I love water features and how they can change an environment but I actually see this as a positive move. That particular fountain sprayed a ton of water everywhere and I recall the brick in this area always being wet. I think guests will enjoy this area more!

SplashJacket

I agree! I love water features and how they can change an environment but I actually see this as a positive move. That particular fountain sprayed a ton of water everywhere and I recall the brick in this area always being wet. I think guests will enjoy this area more!
So let's hope they are redoing the fountain to make the water precise and not a llama. Still, think this a non-issue but if yall prefer ugliness and can't afford a single drop of water in 90-degree weather. Your call.

Phicinfan

Silly question, but this wouldn't be driven by the water drought being faced by the south would it? There have been reports in some southern states of no watering being allowed, not allowed to fill pools and such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom