Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Castle Cake Apologist

Fountains-FountainFormerF.jpg

Fountains-Fountain-Courty.jpg

Fountains-Fountain-Azul.j.jpg

FPQgqV2.jpg

8455233134_3188bd8fc6_b.jpg

View attachment 176833

So depressing. Caribbbean Plaza used to have so many water features.

Goofyernmost

jmuboy

This may scandalous, but I actually think some (not all) of them look better with flowers and plants. The one by the water fountain is completely absurd. Cool post, thanks for sharing!
AGREE.....If the fountain with the tile backdrop was turned back on, the other one with the ferns under the stairs or the old bird bath style fountain with the beautiful red flowers look good as is and thematically appropriate. I do think the dumb "plant sitting in the fountain" that is the tile backdrop one is just pure lazy.

HauntedMansionFLA

We were in the Muppets area tonight seeing the 3D show. It was sad to see about 30 people in the theatre. The Muppets area looks really good. It's to bad it's at a dead end for the next few years. It has so much potential. Hopefully people will start to pay attention to it again when SWL opens up and drives traffic into that area.

FigmentJedi

It looks like the lesson that Disney learned from the ABC comedy last year is that 1. There is an audience for The Muppets. 2. The ABC show wasn't the best platform.

I hope that The Muppets does well from a consumer products perspective, so we keep getting new material.
It should be noted that the ABC comedy was originally pitched as a Netflix show, but ABC just wanted something to prop up their lineup apparently.

Kman101

It would have been better for Netflix. I liked the comedy but I get why some didn't. To me, it was clear what it was meant to be, but I guess families expected to see Kermit and Piggy dressed up and playing Treasure Island?

Princess Leia

It would have been better for Netflix. I liked the comedy but I get why some didn't. To me, it was clear what it was meant to be, but I guess families expected to see Kermit and Piggy dressed up and playing Treasure Island?
I think families expected it to lean more G/PG than PG/PG-13. I got it, I just didn't care for the first iteration of the show. It was better when they tried revamping it, but ABC cancelled it before they could get viewers to come back.

Kman101

I think families expected it to lean more G/PG than PG/PG-13. I got it, I just didn't care for the first iteration of the show. It was better when they tried revamping it, but ABC cancelled it before they could get viewers to come back.

I found the first iteration hilarious but I do understand why it wasn't working and the latter half was a huge step in the right direction and what they should have done from the start. I think we'd have gotten a second season and better ratings. I'm just glad to see the Muppets presence improving at WDW and that Disney clearly still sees value in them. The audience/fanbase is there, that's been proven. I have to know more about Pigs in Space, is this for real?

CanadianGordon

Genuinely surprised by the Pigs in Space announcement. According to Kirk Thatcher, he's directed two episodes so far and if they are well received..... You want a fun rabbit hole to fall down, look him up on IMDB. He's the original punk in Star Trek V:The one with the Whales.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think a lot of people were turned off by Piggy sleeping with humans. It's felt weirdly mature, but I'm the wrong way. The time also never quite found a good balance between grounded and Muppets zannyness.

I'm theory, the show should've been amazing, but it just never came together right (imo). Or maybe it did eventually, but I only made it through the first few episodes.

Princess Leia

I think a lot of people were turned off by Piggy sleeping with humans. It's felt weirdly mature, but I'm the wrong way. The time also never quite found a good balance between grounded and Muppets zannyness.

I'm theory, the show should've been amazing, but it just never came together right (imo). Or maybe it did eventually, but I only made it through the first few episodes.
Piggy and Fozzie. I was ok with Kermit and Piggy broken up (because they'd get together again eventually), but the showrunners really messed with Kermit's, Piggy's, and Fozzie's characters a little too much IMO.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom