Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Aren't the sprinklers temporary? Or do we not know yet?

The rumor from the site which cannot be named was that the plants were temporary because the construction was disrupting the water supply which at the time made sense, but since they installed sprinklers then there is obviously nothing wrong with the water supply which makes that rumor less plausible to me.

With that said, I guess one possibility is that the pumps for the fountain are backstage and that is what is being disrupted.

PizzaPlanet

The rumor from the site which cannot be named was that the plants were temporary because the construction was disrupting the water supply which at the time made sense, but since they installed sprinklers then there is obviously nothing wrong with the water supply which makes that rumor less plausible to me.

With that said, I guess one possibility is that the pumps for the fountain are backstage and that is what is being disrupted.
I'm no plumber, but I would guess that sprinklers spraying once a night is very different than a fountain flowing with water all day.

Goofyernmost

I will admit to having no knowledge at all about fountains, however, the question comes to my mind that we all seem pretty sure that what we are seeing are "plant" sprinklers. Are we sure that they haven't always been part of the fountain? And that they provide another service such as a drain or something. As I said, I don't know I just wonder how many fountain degrees are among us here on WDWmagic. As I said... don't really know I just sometimes question what we think we are seeing.

Another possibility is that they just don't want to run it as a fountain right now because of all the construction in the area that might at any given time interrupt service, but, since there is water piping there hooking up a sprinkler for the plants would save having to send a water truck to that location everyday and the labor to water them. Could be something just that simple. So, long story short, if when the construction is all done and we still have no operating fountain, then we might be able to say, without fear of contradiction, that they have decided to deactivate it.

Last edited:

roj2323

They can afford it.

It's been fine for 25 years.

I don't disagree but disney as of late has been leaning towards a more refined look and feel and

You do have a point in that the pumps and filter system for the fountain are behind the wall that backed up to the SOA facades. It is very likey being moved. That said it's still strange that they spent the time to install sprinklers.

note2001

I agree! I love water features and how they can change an environment but I actually see this as a positive move. That particular fountain sprayed a ton of water everywhere and I recall the brick in this area always being wet. I think guests will enjoy this area more!
They should do something about the circus area in the MK too. Water spraying everywhere. Wet pavement, wet guests, and lots of screaming if you listen. I'm sure those are cries of miserable guests.
/sarcasm

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, a likely scenario is that it has nothing to do with water source. It's the pumps that recycle the water and provide pressure for the fountains that's the issue. If the pumping station had to be moved, there would be no more fountaining, but, there could still be a water source for refilling, which is then repurposed into garden spraying.

Goofyernmost

After the multiple water features at MK that were turned into permanent planters are people really believing this will ever come back?
I'm at a loss to remember which fountains were turned off and permanently turned into planters. I can think of a few that were removed for something else. Perhaps you can list some. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just don't recall any that didn't leave for a reason. I do know of a number of them that were recently established just in the MK hub alone.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'm at a loss to remember which fountains were turned off and permanently turned into planters. I can think of a few that were removed for something else. Perhaps you can list some. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just don't recall any that didn't leave for a reason. I do know of a number of them that were recently established just in the MK hub alone.
I think there used to be one by the POC washrooms.

WEDWAY100

If memory serves, there is one across from the main entrance to POC, another one in the courtyard between the old gift shop and main entrance to PoC (I think that whole courtyard is now closed?), and still another large one inside the gift shop at the exit to POC. Haven't been to Mk in a while, but it seems like there were more than that.

Goofyernmost

If memory serves, there is one across from the main entrance to POC, another one in the courtyard between the old gift shop and main entrance to PoC (I think that whole courtyard is now closed?), and still another large one inside the gift shop at the exit to POC. Haven't been to Mk in a while, but it seems like there were more than that.
I'm confused are you sighting ones that have been turned off or ones that exist. Fountains are another thing that I see when there but do not make a note of location nor would I know if they didn't exist on my next visit. Other then the new hub ones another new one that comes to mind is the one in front of Gaston's Tavern. Doesn't seem like they are just haphazardly eliminating fountains with no reason.

WEDWAY100

I'm confused are you sighting ones that have been turned off or ones that exist. Fountains are another thing that I see when there but do not make a note of location nor would I know if they didn't exist on my next visit. Other then the new hub ones another new one that comes to mind is the one in front of Gaston's Tavern. Doesn't seem like they are just haphazardly eliminating fountains with no reason.
Each of these 3 were original fountains in what was called "Caribbean Plaza" back in the 70's. They are now permanently planters or were the last time I was in Mk. It made an impression because I felt it took away from the area. I believe they were turned off during a severe drought many years ago, converted to planters and never turned back on. Originally, the large one that is the planter inside the gift shop at the exit of PoC was in a covered walkway/plaza, but they moved the gift shop out of the building and into the exit path so we would trip over (and maybe buy) the souvenirs. Just my opinion, but without the fountain and the closed/converted courtyards, the area lost a bit of its feel.

FerretAfros

Fountains-FountainFormerF.jpg

Fountains-Fountain-Courty.jpg

Fountains-Fountain-Azul.j.jpg

FPQgqV2.jpg

8455233134_3188bd8fc6_b.jpg

fortuna.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom