Mulan coming to Disney+

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I did get Premier Access at shortly after 12am PST (I'm a night owl).

It was a really good movie. I would have loved to see it in a theater, and may if they release it in the US in the future.

Is it like the 90s animated movie, no. But its not meant to be, its meant to be its own thing. I'm going to quote the first line in the movie as spoken by Mulan's father in a spoiler tag that explains this:

“There have been many tales of the great warrior Mulan. But ancestors, this one is mine.”

The point is this is not meant to be a direct retelling of the animated feature. Its meant to be another version of the legend of Mulan. And I think that is good, its allows both to exist along side each other.

Anyways that is just my take on it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Some people pay more for a hardcover book to read it before the paperback version. Some people pay to see a movie in the theater, some wait to rent it at home or watch it on a streaming service for a fraction of the price.

This advance access price is because COVID has impacted theatrical releases and it's an alternate way to turn a profit on the movie. It's perfectly reasonable to release it this way, it's perfectly reasonable for people to pay the $29.99, and it's perfectly reasonable to wait as well.

Yes, it is reasonable, but the question is, was it the best business decision.

Last edited:

Darkprime

So exactly how did these 2123 people see the entire movie, when it was just released today, and only on Disney+? They didn't, so they have no clue what they are talking about.

I saw it last night as soon as it went live its not that unrealistic that a lot of people have seen it already.

JohnD

Note that over 800 people rated it one star. These are not legitimate reviews.

How do you know? It's streamed everywhere. It's not hard to rack up 800 reviews with 324 million people in the US. Also, don't discount people putting down $30, seeing the movie, and then despite being able to watch it over and over and over again, one view is enough and people thinking it's not worth the $30 they put down which leads to a 1 star review. Now, I'm saying that before I see it. I could very well like it. But those are two possibilities for the negative reviews.

JohnD

The #BoycottMulan situation. I am not going to get into it because this isn't the political sub-forum but its all over twitter and you can easily find an article about it.

Oh. No thanks. I may not watch it now because of the $30 but will watch it on its own merits eventually.

Wendy Pleakley

How do you know? It's streamed everywhere. It's not hard to rack up 800 reviews with 324 million people in the US. Also, don't discount people putting down $30, seeing the movie, and then despite being able to watch it over and over and over again, one view is enough and people thinking it's not worth the $30 they put down which leads to a 1 star review. Now, I'm saying that before I see it. I could very well like it. But those are two possibilities for the negative reviews.

Do you honestly think it's likely that the majority of viewers didn't just think it was bad, but thought it was 1-star bad?

Jedijax719

Do you honestly think it's likely that the majority of viewers didn't just think it was bad, but thought it was 1-star bad?
Nope. Whenever you have a ton of reviews that are great and a ton that are horrible something REALLY messed up is going on. It could be misogyny. It could be resentment against China. It could be the $30. But I doubt it's just about the movie itself. And I HIGHLY doubt all of the low ratings came from people who actually saw it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom