Mulan coming to Disney+

erasure fan1

What im curious to know is will Disney release the Premier Access numbers? Whether they are good or bad.
That is actually what I was talking about. That's why I put it in quotes. I'm guessing if the numbers are great, we hear about it. If not I think silence will tell us all we need to know.

Darkprime

A selfish part of me wants this to be successful but only so I can finally watch Black Widow at home lol. I dont want to have to wait till early next year to finally see it.

JohnD

Okay so Mulan is now available for another $29.99. I already pay $69.99 for the whole year. Why would I pay 42.8% of the cost for the whole year for one movie? I'll wait until December, thank you.

JohnD

Screen Rant is reporting that Mulan will be available to all subscribers in December. I think $30 is a lot to ask for access three months early. They may have been better offering it early for pay-per-view pricing, $4-$5.

You don't need Screen Rant to tell. Disney+ tells you directly: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=...al&sys_kb_id=b0e20693db921c50b1e6c28d1396191a

Wendy Pleakley

Okay so Mulan is now available for another $29.99. I already pay $69.99 for the whole year. Why would I pay 42.8% of the cost for the whole year for one movie? I'll wait until December, thank you.

Some people pay more for a hardcover book to read it before the paperback version. Some people pay to see a movie in the theater, some wait to rent it at home or watch it on a streaming service for a fraction of the price.

This advance access price is because COVID has impacted theatrical releases and it's an alternate way to turn a profit on the movie. It's perfectly reasonable to release it this way, it's perfectly reasonable for people to pay the $29.99, and it's perfectly reasonable to wait as well.

Jedijax719

We went ahead and got the movie on premier access today. Here's how I see it. We would have seen in in the theater and it would have probably cost more overall. This movie looks like a beautiful production and the RT score is pretty good. The movie got jipped out of a strong box office performance by a horrible virus. We support Disney and realize they were in a bad spot with this film. So it feels fine to drop $30 to own it even though we would not have owned it otherwise but, instead, would have dropped at LEAST $30-$40 at the theater (tickers, refreshments, etc.) Disney didn't keep it from the theaters and it's not their fault.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Means nothing. Same thing happened with Captain Marvel when it was first released it was blasted with 1/10 reviews on IMDB by people who never say the film and eventually got cleaned up. Same thing will happen with Mulan -- couldn't be more evident it's troll work.

You mean 40% of those who saw it didn't think it was the worst movie they ever saw?

1599239063687.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So exactly how did these 2123 people see the entire movie, when it was just released today, and only on Disney+? They didn't, so they have no clue what they are talking about.

Well, there are 60M subs, so, that many in a day isn't so unbelievable, especially with many people still at-home.

The disconnect, if you read the RT one-stars, are the ones complaining about another live-action remake... and they spent $30 precisely to see another live-action remake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom