Mulan coming to Disney+

Ldno

If you want to support cinemas you really should be buying tickets for the movie theaters reopening in your cities this weekend. Other than Mister Penguin said, but do expect to be split from your large group of people.

Wendy Pleakley

"The film will also be able to be purchased directly via platforms including Apple, Google and Roku."

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In the UK, Disney tweeted today to confirm the film will cost £19.99, the equivalent of roughly $26 USD.

It’s a similar story in Canada, where pricing has been set at $34.99 CAD, a little over $26. Some European territories such as Spain, Austria, Ireland and Italy have been set at €21.99, again roughly $26, as per this tweet below from Disney+ Spain.

Australia meanwhile is set at $34.99 AUD, a little less at roughly $25 USD."

BrianLo

Screen Rant is reporting that Mulan will be available to all subscribers in December. I think $30 is a lot to ask for access three months early. They may have been better offering it early for pay-per-view pricing, $4-$5.

It's funny how much the media landscape pricing has declined over the last few decades. I really did not think pay-per-view was that low. It was not that long ago that a New VHS release was 5$ at Blockbuster, Pay Per View was more like 15$.

I do agree that maybe the price isn't exactly right, but less than a price of a current single movie admission seems also too little. I do wonder if a big part of it is Disney not trying to totally upset theatres with undercutting dramatically what was a blockbuster.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's funny how much the media landscape pricing has declined over the last few decades. I really did not think pay-per-view was that low. It was not that long ago that a New VHS release was 5$ at Blockbuster, Pay Per View was more like 15$.

I do agree that maybe the price isn't exactly right, but less than a price of a current single movie admission seems also too little. I do wonder if a big part of it is Disney not trying to totally upset theatres with undercutting dramatically what was a blockbuster.

I guess the question is, how many theaters will this run in? Will they try to get it into every open theater, or will it just be a token theatrical release.

Ripken10

I guess the question is, how many theaters will this run in? Will they try to get it into every open theater, or will it just be a token theatrical release.
Not that this is accurate, but feel I have read a few things stating it will not run in any movie theaters at the current time. It will only release on disney+ premium.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not that this is accurate, but feel I have read a few things stating it will not run in any movie theaters at the current time. It will only release on disney+ premium.

I found an article about this, says it will be released in theaters in countries where Disney+ is not available.

BrianLo

I found an article about this, says it will be released in theaters in countries where Disney+ is not available.

I assume it will be wide release in all non-Disney+ countries. Certainly China is in their sights.

I wish it was a dual theatrical/D+ release though. Canadian theatres are open and I'd preferentially go that route.

Disney Analyst

Didn’t see this shared. Amazing.

Now I’m hyped.

My friends messaged me today asking if we could have a watch party, so think we’re gonna split the cost and just one of us with a subscription will buy it.

Darkprime

Mulan debuts with a 79% on Rotten Tomatoes with 132 reviews

Wow thats impressive. I wonder if they'll regret not releasing this in theaters domestically. If i'm not mistaken this makes Mulan Disney's best reviewed live action remake. Many people were betting on this film to make a billion dollars back in March just before the shutdowns. Now we know why. Maybe they'll release it in theaters next year if the premier access experiment proves a flop.

erasure fan1

Mulan debuts with a 79% on Rotten Tomatoes with 132 reviews

I've read good things about it. Things like it's the best of the live action remakes. I still won't see it, or I should say, won't pay extra to see it. I'll be very interested to see what the "box office" will be. That is if Disney even releases it.

Darkprime

I've read good things about it. Things like it's the best of the live action remakes. I still won't see it, or I should say, won't pay extra to see it. I'll be very interested to see what the "box office" will be. That is if Disney even releases it.

Its still being released internationally in theaters where Disney+ isn't available so well get some box office numbers for it. What i'm curious to know is will Disney release the Premier Access numbers? Whether they are good or bad.

erasure fan1

I wonder if they'll regret not releasing this in theaters domestically.
I still think any tentpole type movie released vod, will still get a theatrical release, IF, the movie gets good reviews. It would most likely be just a limited 1 or 2 week run with an added scene or 2. But I really see them doing this if theaters and delays continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom