MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

EPCOT Explorer

I'll say this and no one will listen and the debate will continue (almost as long as the Parade of Nations at the Olympics!) BUT ... WoC isn't coming to WDW anywhere.

And it certainly has no place at DAK anyway.

I hope people pour into DAK this summer, spends money and TDO gets the clue that Rivers of Light needs to be brought back from the dead so the park can stay open later year round. THAT belongs.

I can't say what the final product would have been (although I did see some concept art), but think of a combo of something like Tapestry of Nations and a light parade with Japanese lanterns and a sweeping musical score that is a lot closer to Illuminations than say Wishes, and add in a touch of wizardry and Cirque ... does that help?
And you complain about Fanboy Foam! :D

That seriously sounds awesome.

Hopefully, TDO sees how well received a Light Parade is with MSEP and wants to replicate it for DAK. To be honest with you, the RoL could be a new ToN...with some of it integrated. :lookaroun

jt04

Best.Parade.Ever.:lol:

I think they could top it. Imagine a ToN-esque parade this time of year based on various Carnival seasons around the world. It could run from early January until the opening of Flower and Garden and create a unique event during a time when WDW and Epcot lacks one.

I think it would be well received and a perfect fit thematically for World Showcase. IMO.

DisneyParksFan1

Ohh! The one with people carrying these big thingies that represented people! I remember that! Loved the music, but it's not my favorite parade. I think the best parade ever is the Jubilation Parade over at Tokyo.

Anyway, can't wait for these changes at WDW. Shows TDO is trying to change... Although I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened if Harry Potter wasn't in the mix.

SirGoofy

I think they could top it. Imagine a ToN-esque parade this time of year based on various Carnival seasons around the world. It could run from early January until the opening of Flower and Garden and create a unique event during a time when WDW and Epcot lacks one.

I think it would be well received and a perfect fit thematically for World Showcase. IMO.

I'd love to see it, but WS is in no shape to host a parade at this time. Very cluttered. Not saying it's ugly, but a parade would be a nightmare. They'd have to clean that up before anything could happen.

jt04

I'd love to see it, but WS is in no shape to host a parade at this time. Very cluttered. Not saying it's ugly, but a parade would be a nightmare. They'd have to clean that up before anything could happen.

That's too bad. DAK has the same problem. As much as I'd like to see the RoL, I'm not sure it's worth ripping out so much of the landscaping that would be necessary. I still think a WoC show could be themed and built into whatever eventually get built on the BK expansion pad. And I think RoL will eventually show up somewhere. China perhaps?

EPCOT Explorer

That's too bad. DAK has the same problem. As much as I'd like to see the RoL, I'm not sure it's worth ripping out so much of the landscaping that would be necessary. I still think a WoC show could be themed and built into whatever eventually get built on the BK expansion pad. And I think RoL will eventually show up somewhere. China perhaps?

Why would they have to rip out landscaping? The current parade works fine with the surrounding.

jt04

Why would they have to rip out landscaping? The current parade works fine with the surrounding.

That is the rumor why it was canceled. The paths were not wide enough for the parade and the guests. It would have required major reconfigurations to the paths including removing a substantial ammount of the landscaping that had grown in over the years and in which Disney had heavily invested. Maybe someone else heard a different reason.

EPCOT Explorer

That is the rumor why it was canceled. The paths were not wide enough for the parade and the guests. It would have required major reconfigurations to the paths including removing a substantial ammount of the landscaping that had grown in over the years and in which Disney had heavily invested. Maybe someone else heard a different reason.

It was canceled because Night Kingdom got out of hand, to my understanding.

The parade route is fine as it is.

jt04

I believe 0% of what Jim Hill says.

I think 74 said it also and I believe less than 0% of what he says. :lol:

But JH is right more than he's wrong. Even a minor daytime parade can create havoc at AK so a nightime parade would have presented serious problems. I definitely believe that was the main reason it canceled.

SirGoofy

But JH is right more than he's wrong. Even a minor daytime parade can create havoc at AK so a nightime parade would have presented serious problems. I definitely believe that was the main reason it canceled.

I've NEVER seen JH be right. NEVER.

tirian

I just realized I can go to page 42 of almost any thread, and the same people are arguing about the same topics.:ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
go to page 43 then. Simples

meerkat.jpg

Dumbo#1fan

This is going to be awesome! I'm so excited about this summer promotion! I know HP is going to be outstanding too! This sounds like the summer to be in Orlando for sure!!!!! :D:D:D

_Scar

I just read a post on Mice Chat that said they were going to sell Spectro Magic to the OLC and bring it to Tokyo....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom