MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

WDW1974

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Stitch and Monsters fit in Tomorrowland.

The attractions just suck. Look at Tokyo. They have an amazing, kick-butt Monsters attraction in their Tomorrowland, and nobody complains about it.

Nope. They don't fit. Not at all. Neither does Buzz (people overlook that one because it's actually fun).

And I think that's the biggest difference and really what you're trying to illustatrate above.

Monsters have NO place thematically with T-Land in Tokyo anymore than they do in O-Town. The difference is the attraction at TDL is an immersive, expensive, AA-filled, kick- experience.

It still waters down the area and the story and sense of place, but it's much easier to overlook when the attraction is quality, not crap.

SirGoofy

Nope. They don't fit. Not at all. Neither does Buzz (people overlook that one because it's actually fun).

And I think that's the biggest difference and really what you're trying to illustatrate above.

Monsters have NO place thematically with T-Land in Tokyo anymore than they do in O-Town. The difference is the attraction at TDL is an immersive, expensive, AA-filled, kick- experience.

It still waters down the area and the story and sense of place, but it's much easier to overlook when the attraction is quality, not crap.

Right. Quality overcomes. But I don't think Monsters and Sitch aren't totally a nonfit, but that's just me.

WDW1974

Yea, there's really no good place to put WoC in DAK anyway.

I'll say this and no one will listen and the debate will continue (almost as long as the Parade of Nations at the Olympics!) BUT ... WoC isn't coming to WDW anywhere.

And it certainly has no place at DAK anyway.

I hope people pour into DAK this summer, spends money and TDO gets the clue that Rivers of Light needs to be brought back from the dead so the park can stay open later year round. THAT belongs.

SirGoofy

I'll say this and no one will listen and the debate will continue (almost as long as the Parade of Nations at the Olympics!) BUT ... WoC isn't coming to WDW anywhere.

And it certainly has no place at DAK anyway.

I hope people pour into DAK this summer, spends money and TDO gets the clue that Rivers of Light needs to be brought back from the dead so the park can stay open later year round. THAT belongs.

Oh, I know it's not coming, just discussing it.

And I'd love to see RoL, even though I have NO idea what it's supposed to be like.

WDW1974

Right. Quality overcomes. But I don't think Monsters and Sitch aren't totally a nonfit, but that's just me.

Many would agree with you ... but I doubt the WDI greats (and old man Disney himself) would.

Toons don't fit into a world of the future ... even a fantasy one, really (although that 'might' work).

But, as they are now ... they don't fit. They're just dropped there, like the BAH/pinshack.

WDW1974

And I'd love to see RoL, even though I have NO idea what it's supposed to be like.

I can't say what the final product would have been (although I did see some concept art), but think of a combo of something like Tapestry of Nations and a light parade with Japanese lanterns and a sweeping musical score that is a lot closer to Illuminations than say Wishes, and add in a touch of wizardry and Cirque ... does that help?

SirGoofy

Many would agree with you ... but I doubt the WDI greats (and old man Disney himself) would.

Toons don't fit into a world of the future ... even a fantasy one, really (although that 'might' work).

But, as they are now ... they don't fit. They're just dropped there, like the BAH/pinshack.

Oh, I hate the fact that there's so many cartoons. If that's what you're going on, I agree. I hate the cartoonification of MK.

I can't say what the final product would have been (although I did see some concept art), but think of a combo of something like Tapestry of Nations and a light parade with Japanese lanterns and a sweeping musical score that is a lot closer to Illuminations than say Wishes, and add in a touch of wizardry and Cirque ... does that help?

Yes.

And now I'm sad it isn't happening.:lol::(

_Scar

>.>

I thought RoL would be more like Spectro with a lot of characters and a fun/upbeat soundtrack... meh

I can't see another serious attraction in DAK before a family-friendly attraction tbh.

WDW1974

>.>

I thought RoL would be more like Spectro with a lot of characters and a fun/upbeat soundtrack... meh

I can't see another serious attraction in DAK before a family-friendly attraction tbh.

RoL would have been a WOW!

Steve Davison was the lead creative on it and the man has never done anything less than very, very good (yes, I even put Wishes in the category).

The parade wouldn't have been all foamheads dancing to syrupy music about dreams, wishes and magic, but it would have been filled with whimsy and wonder.

Exprcoofto

Steve Davison was the lead creative on it and the man has never done anything less than very, very good (yes, I even put Wishes in the category).

The parade wouldn't have been all foamheads dancing to syrupy music about dreams, wishes and magic, but it would have been filled with whimsy and wonder.

Do you have any details (or know where I can find some) about the RoL? All I know is that it would have been a light parade in AK, but thats about it. It sounds awesome, but I would love to know some specifics.

Animal Kingdom is amazing at night, but it needs some kind of night entertainment. A good light parade would've been the answer.

SirGoofy

Do you have any details (or know where I can find some) about the RoL? All I know is that it would have been a light parade in AK, but thats about it. It sounds awesome, but I would love to know some specifics.

Animal Kingdom is amazing at night, but it needs some kind of night entertainment. A good light parade would've been the answer.

:wave:

_Scar

Whimsy and wonder? :lol::lookaroun That's a strange collection of words coming for you.

Idk, I still think DAK shoul have its own animal version of WoC or Spectro with all animal Dis characters.

But I'd put all my doubts aside if DAK got any nighttime entertainment.

I think we all can agree there's just endless potential- including with RoL.

SirGoofy

Whimsy and wonder? :lol::lookaroun That's a strange collection of words coming for you.

Idk, I still think DAK shoul have its own animal version of WoC or Spectro with all animal Dis characters.

But I'd put all my doubts aside if DAK got any nighttime entertainment.

I think we all can agree there's just endless potential- including with RoL.

No, there's too much Disney characters as is. Give us something truly special. And if this was supposed to be very ToN, it would have been amazing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

You have no idea what RoL would be like, and yet you know you'd love to see it. You have no idea what FL and Mermaid is really going to be like, but you know you won't like that. You certainly use good sound judgment when you post your opinions.

SirGoofy

You have no idea what RoL would be like, and yet you know you'd love to see it. You have no idea what FL and Mermaid is really going to be like, but you know you won't like that. You certainly use good sound judgment when you post your opinions.

Never said I wouldn't like Mermaid, quite the opposite in fact. I've said it's going to be a solid addition. But by all means, continue to put words in my mouth.:wave:

And I didn't know I couldn't actually want something new to come to a park that needs nighttime entertainment.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom