MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not too excited about MSEP coming back. Remember when MSEP was "glowing away forever"? They sold off all the lights on the floats, sold farewell performance videos, and other final performance souvenirs, but they keep bringing it back, so all those people who bought those items just have some worthless souvenirs now.
I thought that was just for Anahiem? And we all know what happend with their next night time show.

And I quite like my bulb :D

Figment82

Did it come in a box with "retro"-esque images on it? I've been hunting one for a while. :lol:

That's the one! I bought it from the Disney Magazine when they first went on sale. I have a green one, so I like to pretend it's from the Elliott float. :) Unfortunately, over time the paint has started to flake off, but I still love it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rectangular black box with the circular MSEP logo on the ends and parade/fireworks over castle / DL logo on the sides, and a plastic perspex pyramid cover for the bulb.

Mine is green too. Hmmm.... :D

WDW1974

And you complain about Fanboy Foam! :D

No, I complain about misplaced Fanboi Foam ... and ignorance.

Nothing at all wrong about getting excited when there's something worth getting excited about.

That seriously sounds awesome.

Hopefully, TDO sees how well received a Light Parade is with MSEP and wants to replicate it for DAK. To be honest with you, the RoL could be a new ToN...with some of it integrated. :lookaroun

Don't know since it didn't happen ... but who knows what the future holds?

WDW1974

That is the rumor why it was canceled. The paths were not wide enough for the parade and the guests. It would have required major reconfigurations to the paths including removing a substantial ammount of the landscaping that had grown in over the years and in which Disney had heavily invested. Maybe someone else heard a different reason.

Rumor only (although based partially on fact).

The real reason it was killed was because Jay Rasulo wanted a boutique animal park and RoL would have strengthened DAK causing it to compete with it.

But I am sure there would have had to been work done on DAK's paths. Steve Davison is a creative genius when it comes to creating entertainment spectaculars for the parks, but the one complaint you'll hear about him often is he doesn't take ops into account.

Prime example is making the castle the centerpoint of his pyro shows, even though it creates traffic nightmares.

WDW1974

I think 74 said it also and I believe less than 0% of what he says. :lol:

I wouldn't be proud of such ignorance.

But JH is right more than he's wrong. Even a minor daytime parade can create havoc at AK so a nightime parade would have presented serious problems. I definitely believe that was the main reason it canceled.

It wasn't. It was an issue. But one that could have been dealt with.
It's not like Disney is against ripping out trees anyway.

EPCOT Explorer

Good luck.:wave:

(You'll need it,I'm a fierce bidder.):lookaroun

:lol: I wouldn't do that!:lol:
Please don't...

No, I complain about misplaced Fanboi Foam ... and ignorance.

Nothing at all wrong about getting excited when there's something worth getting excited about.

Don't know since it didn't happen ... but who knows what the future holds?
And RoL is hopefully in both those categories...

hpyhnt 1000

Rumor only (although based partially on fact).

The real reason it was killed was because Jay Rasulo wanted a boutique animal park and RoL would have strengthened DAK causing it to compete with it.

But I am sure there would have had to been work done on DAK's paths. Steve Davison is a creative genius when it comes to creating entertainment spectaculars for the parks, but the one complaint you'll hear about him often is he doesn't take ops into account.

Prime example is making the castle the centerpoint of his pyro shows, even though it creates traffic nightmares.

That's what will be curious to see with WoC. Both from a crowd/capacity standpoint as well as a technical standpoint; those fountains are probably going to be a pain to maintain.

EPCOT Explorer

That's what will be curious to see with WoC. Both from a crowd/capacity standpoint as well as a technical standpoint; those fountains are probably going to be a pain to maintain.

Not really...isn't the point of the whole "barge" the ability to have it raised after showtime so that it's easier to check up on and maintain?

hpyhnt 1000

Not really...isn't the point of the whole "barge" the ability to have it raised after showtime so that it's easier to check up on and maintain?

Yes, that is the point of it, but that's not what I'm referencing. With something in the region of 1200 individual fountains and lights, its going to take a lot of work to keep all of it operating properly. Regardless of whether or not they're in water, thats a lot of fountain hardware to keep functioning night after night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom