MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

HMF

Linear storylines are overrated IMO. That's the problem with most of the attractions at Universal: they follow specific storylines that never change, and the experiences entirely depend upon accepting those stories for the first time. They also seem to pack too much plot into a six or seven minute ride, and the entire attraction seems like "Aaaaah! Whoa! Watch out! Oh my gosh! Look out!" *yawn*

I think Disney does a good job balancing atmospheric rides with just enough plot to string it along. The only glaring example of too much plot is the Nemo Sub ride at DL; it's basically a retelling of the movie, and it lasts too long. The silly poacher subplot on Kilimanjaro Safaris gets old on subsequent trips, too.

TOT has an awesome repeat factor because even though the first half never changes, the drops are unpredictable; and the theming and storytelling are classic, old-school Disney magic.
http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2007/04/one-of-our-dinosaurs-is-missing.html

drew81

:lol:

I'll take whatever we can get. Although I would love to see a certain man in a purple suit come back!:D

I would love this as well.

I'm sure this has been said already, but color me disappointed. I mean, if you're gonna' go for a seasonal celebration, go all out. Magic Kingdom's fine, but we should have seen:

-Epcot getting Captain Eo as part of Nightastic! (You could even REALLY invest in it by upgrading the theater to digital so it could show HISTA during the day, and Eo shows after dark.)

-Studios getting upgraded Dragon and Etc. at Fantasmic!

-Night Safaris at Animal Kingdom.

C'mon Disney, this stuff would've really made it something big. It seems like this event is just a sporadic nighttime scheduling change rather than an EVENT to get excited about.

I was really hoping Captain EO would be announced for WDW. And for Fantasmic, I'm wondering if we'll ever get any of the upgrades DL got.

WDW1974

It's unofficially, officially scheduled for mid-June. :animwink:

Yeah. And I've already had three people tell me what I could have guessed: expect it much sooner.

Jim Hill had one thing right: the MSEP is rumored to be staying longer than the summer, at least as long as DCA needs to tinker with WoC.

Again, not a shock at all. Although it has little to do with WoC. People keep missing the point that the parade was NOT coming back to DCA this summer no matter what. The plan all along was for it to return to DL for the 55th and to take some of the ops nightmare away by getting APers to 'settle' for seeing the parade where it always belonged.

At this point, I'd bet you anything that it will stay for a two-year minimum (the press releases for keeping it due to 'guest demand' are already done in TDO's computers).

Unfortunately, what needs to happen at BOTH DL and WDW's MK are new parades for both day and night and while some of that is going to happen, I don't see two new parades for each park in the pipeline.

Exprcoofto

I'd rather have MSEP for two years (and MM&M, though I doubt it will stay) than Spetro & Wishes, however, I would prefer an all new parade and firework show over all of it. Is it too much to ask for a new grand firework show, a new daytime parade, and a new light parade? Guess it is. :brick:

WDW Vacationer

Yeah, what happened to all the NextGen hoopla? Are there anymore press events? Today's seems a bit sparse on suprises/revelations.

Today was JUST about volunteers.

From what I understand,its not over yet. There's more coming. It might not be this weekend,but I THINK in a few weeks.

krankenstein

At the end of the day, this is a good start of a move in the right direction.

Is it perfect? Nope!

Is it everything it could've been? Nope!

Is it a good start? HECK YEAH!

Hopefully, this is the direction WDW continues to go in.

EPCOT Explorer

Not with this management team.

Yeah. And I've already had three people tell me what I could have guessed: expect it much sooner.

Again, not a shock at all. Although it has little to do with WoC. People keep missing the point that the parade was NOT coming back to DCA this summer no matter what. The plan all along was for it to return to DL for the 55th and to take some of the ops nightmare away by getting APers to 'settle' for seeing the parade where it always belonged.

At this point, I'd bet you anything that it will stay for a two-year minimum (the press releases for keeping it due to 'guest demand' are already done in TDO's computers).

Unfortunately, what needs to happen at BOTH DL and WDW's MK are new parades for both day and night and while some of that is going to happen, I don't see two new parades for each park in the pipeline.

I bet it leaves on September 30th 2011. :lookaroun :lol:

New Spectro for the 40th would be a nice draw.

nemofinder22

I agree with everything! C!ASP is only so good since well its a street party, I wonder if DL will get a 55th Anniversary at least theres merch?:lookaroun

tirian

Right, so it uses a Linear Storyline that could have it's effects plussed. I don't follow. :lookaroun :lol:

The first half is always the same: people disappeared in the Golden Age of Hollywood, and now you see their ghosts.

The second half—the drops—are unpredictable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom