MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

nemofinder22

Actually the MSEP started at WDW's MK in the late 1970s or early 80s (I was young then so I dont recall the year)....so it started at the MK, not at DL!!!!

It opened in Disneyland in 1972, it would later be updated so the floats would be more dimensional and not flat. Opened at the Magic Kingdom in 1977.

[youtube]1vsOSTTYGXM[/youtube]

Edit- heres the flat version, although I think this has been edited with the info added to the video, the above video is from the Farewell Season Video they sold at its end.
[youtube]1_ex_FeBKk4[/youtube]

Expo_Seeker40

Actually the MSEP started at WDW's MK in the late 1970s or early 80s (I was young then so I dont recall the year)....so it started at the MK, not at DL!!!!

The MSEP started at Disneyland in June of 1972, and a second one was created for the MK that opened in June 1977.

The MK parade went to Disneyland Paris and once it was retired from Disneyland Paris, was sent to Hong Kong Disneyland where it sits in storage.

The Disneyland USA MSEP was retired in 1996, then went to NYC as the Hercules Electrical Parade...then went to the MK from 1999-2001....then went back to DCA in the summer of 2001 where it has remained since....got a makeover for 2009....and is now being sent once again to the MK for 2010.

tirian

Yeah. And I've already had three people tell me what I could have guessed: expect it much sooner.

Shhhhh, that's unconfirmed. ;)

Again, not a shock at all. Although it has little to do with WoC. People keep missing the point that the parade was NOT coming back to DCA this summer no matter what. The plan all along was for it to return to DL for the 55th and to take some of the ops nightmare away by getting APers to 'settle' for seeing the parade where it always belonged.

True about moving MSEP to DL, but why was it sent to WDW indefinitely? :confused:

At this point, I'd bet you anything that it will stay for a two-year minimum (the press releases for keeping it due to 'guest demand' are already done in TDO's computers).
I admit my excitement is based solely on nostalgia, and I hope the MSEP stays for a year, to be followed by a brand new night parade for the 40th.

:lol:

A new one. Yeah, right. Spectro could be pretty cool after its refurb. Do you think they'll keep the old Walt Disney World logo on the title float?

Unfortunately, what needs to happen at BOTH DL and WDW's MK are new parades for both day and night and while some of that is going to happen, I don't see two new parades for each park in the pipeline.

A new daytime parade is definitely in the works for the 40th anniversary.

EPCOT Explorer

The first half is always the same: people disappeared in the Golden Age of Hollywood, and now you see their ghosts.

The second half—the drops—are unpredictable.
Right, so plus the "Golden Age" part. :lol:

True about moving MSEP to DL, but why was it sent to WDW indefinitely? :confused:

I admit my excitement is based solely on nostalgia, and I hope the MSEP stays for a year, to be followed by a brand new night parade for the 40th.

:lol:

A new one. Yeah, right. Spectro could be pretty cool after its refurb. Do you think they'll keep the old Walt Disney World logo on the title float?

A new daytime parade is definitely in the works for the 40th anniversary.

Probably not...:( :lol: A little piece of History, gone. I've always liked seeing it there.

EPCOT Explorer

A few years ago, Chernabog was supposed to be replaced with a pirate ship. That obviously never happened.

That would not be a positive change, IMHO. The Chernabog, though clunky is still VERY impressive when it's unfurled. I would hope that they would just bring it forward in technology instead of replacing it with something very generic.

Expo_Seeker40

Considering there will probably be 40th merch with the logo? Yes.

A new daytime parade is definitely in the works for the 40th anniversary.[/QUOTE]

Complete with the still used 1981 mirror castle float. :lol:

tirian

That would not be a positive change, IMHO. The Chernabog, though clunky is still VERY impressive when it's unfurled. I would hope that they would just bring it forward in technology instead of replacing it with something very generic.

I hate that float. It always breaks.

tirian

Complete with the still used 1981 mirror castle float. :lol:

Of course. :dazzle:

If they want to bring back classic floats, tell them to pull the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah riverboat and Peter Pan pirate ship out of storage. The caterpillar would be cool, too.

Dang, even Disney's floats used to be better than they are now. :brick:

Expo_Seeker40

If TDO were in charge of making their own evening parade, it would consist of pickup trucks with the characters waving off of them, and christmas lights plugged into portable generators wrapped around the trucks.

tirian

Despite the negativity, some of which I find 100% correct, I want to bring back a positive thing:

Summer Nightastic doesn't need to be done. Disney doesn't need to replace Wishes with the expensive MMM show. They could have moved the MSEP across the plaza to DL. Illuminations doesn't need a summertime tag. It's summer; the parks would be busy regardless if they did this or not.

Let's enjoy a brief second of shock that the same management team who cut Lights of Winter is spending unnecessary money on an unnecessary summer campaign simply because they can. That's a huge difference! And it's a good difference.

EPCOT Explorer

Despite the negativity, some of which I find 100% correct, I want to bring back a positive thing:

Summer Nightastic doesn't need to be done. Disney doesn't need to replace Wishes with the expensive MMM show. They could have moved the MSEP across the plaza to DL. Illuminations doesn't need a summertime tag. It's summer; the parks would be busy regardless if they did this or not.

Let's enjoy a brief second of shock that the same management team who cut Lights of Winter is spending unnecessary money on an unnecessary summer campaign simply because they can. That's a huge difference! And it's a good difference.
EXACTLY. This is a huge turn around and a step forward for them. Let's hope they continue this trend.
:sohappy:
The Fantasia segment is too long. Let's add a villains section with a huge Monstro. :D

Kill of some Sleeping Beauty stuff, then. :lol: I love Fantastia, but your idea would be awesome, too.

HMF

If TDO were in charge of making their own evening parade, it would consist of pickup trucks with the characters waving off of them, and christmas lights plugged into portable generators wrapped around the trucks.
:lol::lol::lol::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

puntagordabob

Hope to see an enhanced version of Spectro back for the 40th. After all, Spectro really represents the MK nighttime entertainment, not MSEP.

While I enjoy Spectro, I must still strongly (and I mean strongly) disagree....MSEP was around the Magic Kingdom for a very long time before Spectro was even on the drawing boards.....

Spectro is MK's classic. Don't replace it :fork::lookaroun

I consider MSEP a true classic

That's more of an opinion. Disney should always strive to bring new and exciting things to the parks and they should always be on the cutting edge of technology as well. But I absolutely believe there is plenty of room for nostalgia in the parks. The Epcot 25th Anniversary Exhibit was added ONLY for nostalgics and was very well done and really added to a lot of people's experience at that park. And to me, there was NO EXCUSE not to do something like that for the 25th. There should never be an absence of nostalgia for something that is as well loved as the Disney Parks are. The single best fireworks show in Disney Parks history (at least IMO) is Remember Dreams Come True and that was a nostalgic journey through the park.

There is room for everything to me.

I couldnt agree more! There are aprox 48 square miles of WDW, plenty of room for everything.

As expected the Disneyland fans are ticked off.

They'll end up ahead as they always seem to do these days...

Yup, Micechatters are pi$$ed:lol:

Why is that? Because Disney is doing something nice for WDW for a change?

I sincerely hope you are wrong..... but it also was a pretty funny image that you made appear in the form of your fictional parade LOL

My statement was more in regard to those who feel old attractions and shows should be brought back or that certain things (like say a parade or night show) are 'untouchable' or are more interested in retro merchandise than what made things in the past so memorable and why it is lacking today.

MSEP is a great example.

You can update it and still have the soul of the original. That's what TDL did.

Now if they will only apply that to the Tiki Room! Bringing the DLR show to WDW's Tropical Serenade would be an awesome continuation of that thought IMHO!!

Today was JUST about volunteers.

From what I understand,its not over yet. There's more coming. It might not be this weekend,but I THINK in a few weeks.

The D23 1st Anniv event on March 5th perhaps? We will be attending...would be a great time to announce something, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom