MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

EPCOT Explorer

She strikes me as the head of marketing all right.
Getting facts wrong.(-Electrical Parade Enhancements are brand new.)
Saying the names of the parks wrong.-(Disney Hollywood Studios
Does not know anything about certain aspects of her job. Not surprised at all.
That's why I want to speak to her! :lol:

A few additional thoughts:

The pyro show will indeed be MMM, but it will be rebranded ... Summer Wishes anyone? Summer Magic, perhaps? ... It will be tweaked a bit. I wouldn't expect the same MMM show (especially in terms of pyro) but very close.

I don't know this for a fact, but strongly believe sending the MSEP back here was done by George Kalogridis as a bit of a thanks to his O-Town friends, since there was no way DCA was showing it this summer and, obviously, a choice was made to NOT show it at DL as planned.

I've yet to hear anything from anyone regarding an Illuminations tag and don't believe that is happening. If it were, common sense (I know this is Disney but ...) dictates that it would have been announced yesterday and included in all the PR.

ToT reprogramming has been planned for a few years now (and is very easy to do), so I'm very curious as to what exactly is making this special.

Interesting on the tweaks. I was thinking that, too, but Steve says it's going to be MMM in full.

As for ToT...What's making it special is a good question. I almost want to lean to storyline and scene changes in addition to the new drops.

EpcotServo

I'm sure this has been said already, but color me disappointed. I mean, if you're gonna' go for a seasonal celebration, go all out. Magic Kingdom's fine, but we should have seen:

-Epcot getting Captain Eo as part of Nightastic! (You could even REALLY invest in it by upgrading the theater to digital so it could show HISTA during the day, and Eo shows after dark.)

-Studios getting upgraded Dragon and Etc. at Fantasmic!

-Night Safaris at Animal Kingdom.

C'mon Disney, this stuff would've really made it something big. It seems like this event is just a sporadic nighttime scheduling change rather than an EVENT to get excited about.

EPCOT Explorer

^
They are adding triangles to TOT.:lookaroun

I really don't see that happening. That would involve recording new audio from their Rod Serling look a like and new video as well.
Not what I meant.

I was going for in the ride itself.

I'm sure this has been said already, but color me disappointed. I mean, if you're gonna' go for a seasonal celebration, go all out. Magic Kingdom's fine, but we should have seen:

-Epcot getting Captain Eo as part of Nightastic! (You could even REALLY invest in it by upgrading the theater to digital so it could show HISTA during the day, and Eo shows after dark.)

-Studios getting upgraded Dragon and Etc. at Fantasmic!

-Night Safaris at Animal Kingdom.

C'mon Disney, this stuff would've really made it something big. It seems like this event is just a sporadic nighttime scheduling change rather than an EVENT to get excited about.

That's the only thing missing really.

And this is just as sporadic as what Disneyland did last year.:shrug: No one seemed upset with that.

EPCOT Explorer

Not true, really. Mansion has no storyline. There was a story given to the attic, maybe,but not the entire ride. Any "story" given to the entire ride is a fabrication.
Mansion has no storyline/Attic has a story....That means there's something there.:rolleyes::lol:
And to add on to that, Tower already has a great story, nothing really to add onto it.

There's always something that could be better, all I'm saying.:shrug:

SirGoofy

Mansion has no storyline/Attic has a story....That means there's something there.:rolleyes::lol:

Trust me, the Haunted Mansion has no storyline that runs through the entire attraction.

There's always something that could be better, all I'm saying.:shrug:

Sure, new effects would be great, but there's nothing to add/enhance the story really.

I mean, I don't know how you know that there's something that could be better considering you've never been on it.;)

EPCOT Explorer

Trust me, the Haunted Mansion has no storyline that runs through the entire attraction.

Sure, new effects would be great, but there's nothing to add/enhance the story really.

I mean, I don't know how you know that there's something that could be better considering you've never been on it.;)

:rolleyes:

There are fragments, though.

I've seen the vids, that's all you really need to know for the details. Not once did I comment on the overall ride experience, just the story told there.:wave:

No need to devolve this into an argument on Story/No story on Mansion and what ToT needs.

Figment632

Not true, really. Mansion has no storyline. There was a story given to the attic, maybe,but not the entire ride. Any "story" given to the entire ride is a fabrication.

Not true isn't HM that ride they built a few years ago based off that movie where Eddie Murphy chases around a green dot?

EpcotServo

I've seen the vids, that's all you really need to know for the details.

DOES NOT COUNT

*Unrelated*

Hollywood. 1939.

Amidst the glitz and the glamor of a bustling young movie town at the height of it's golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star it's own right. A beacon for the show-business elite. Now... something's about to happen that will change all that.

The time is now, on an evening very much like the one you have just witnessed.

-whip pans to Mr.Serling-

Tonight's story on the Twilight Zone is somewhat unique, and calls for a different kind of introduction...This, as you may recognize is a Maintenance Service Elevator...Still in operation, waiting for you...Now we invite you, if you dare, to step aboard, because in tonight's episode you are the star...And this elevator travels directly too...

The Twilight Zone.

WDWGoof07

I was thinking last night (and Jim Hill says pretty much the same thing today) that DLR management probably wants to avoid any logistical hassles associated with running both World of Color and MSEP this summer. It's understandable considering the fact that DCA needs this show to make a great impression for the park's future.

Jim Hill also adds that WDW is getting MSEP because Disney doesn't want the newly refurbished floats just sitting around backstage in California over the the summer.

It's kind of a win-win for both resorts. DLR gets to roll out World of Color, and WDW gets something new for its summer promotion. And SpectroMagic will probably receive some TLC during its downtime as well.

I should add that I really like this Summer Nightastic event (though I would like it better if I could experience it :) ). This is what people like to see, TDO. Keep this up.

nemofinder22

I thought they had Celebrate! :veryconfu

Celebrate! a Street Party is not a parade its exactly that a street party:)

It's kind of a win-win for both resorts. DLR gets to roll out World of Color, and WDW gets something new for its summer promotion. And SpectroMagic will probably receive some TLC during its downtime as well.

The kind of is the biggest part, while World of Color is on its way in this will still leave DLR with 1 parade(DCA's Pixar Play Parade 08) and 1 street(DL's Celebrate! a Street Party 09). Makes you think TDA was really stupid on this one destroying Parade of Dreams and killing the budget on Worlds of Wonder....

EPCOT Explorer

Celebrate! a Street Party is not a parade its exactly that a street party:)

The kind of is the biggest part, while World of Color is on its way in this will still leave DLR with 1 parade(DCA's Pixar Play Parade 08) and 1 street(DL's Celebrate! a Street Party 09). Makes you think TDA was really stupid on this one destroying Parade of Dreams and killing the budget on Worlds of Wonder....

The curse of the bad management is upon you! The tide HAS turned!:eek:

:lookaroun:lol:

DisneyParksFan1

Wow, I leave for a week and this place goes crazy!! Hahaha.

It's overwhelming to see all these great new things coming to WDW! For once in my life as a Disney fan I can say, great job TDO.

Of course they could have done some more... I was hoping for some moree things for EPCOT and Fantasmic! But everything they have announced so far is great!!

Also, I hope they give Spectro a major refuurb whiile it's gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom