MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

sponono88

Celebrate! a Street Party is not a parade its exactly that a street party:)

The kind of is the biggest part, while World of Color is on its way in this will still leave DLR with 1 parade(DCA's Pixar Play Parade 08) and 1 street(DL's Celebrate! a Street Party 09). Makes you think TDA was really stupid on this one destroying Parade of Dreams and killing the budget on Worlds of Wonder....

makes you wonder why they spent last summer promoting MSEP and the enhancements when they ship off to Florida the next year :lol: When you have a parade like PoD and then the street party comes along.. well, it's a bit underwhelming.

The curse of the bad management is upon you! The tide HAS turned!:eek:

:lookaroun:lol:

:lol: DCA is fine, it's DL having issues with entertainment. Updated Fantasmic and fireworks are great, but I'd like to see a real parade and the return of the Fantasyland Theatre. Princess Fantasy Faire = :fork:

DisneyParksFan1

makes you wonder why they spent last summer promoting MSEP and the enhancements when they ship off to Florida the next year :lol: When you have a parade like PoD and then the street party comes along.. well, it's a bit underwhelming.

:lol: DCA is fine, it's DL having issues with entertainment. Updated Fantasmic and fireworks are great, but I'd like to see a real parade and the return of the Fantasyland Theatre. Princess Fantasy Faire = :fork:

Lol, seriously? It's funny how oncee WDW gets something new and high quality, everyone starts bashing on DL. In the end, they still have better stuff than us.

nemofinder22

The curse of the bad management is upon you! The tide HAS turned!:eek:

:lookaroun:lol:

TDA has its good moments like the brilliant Summer Nightastic! last year since there were no new attractions for the year. Why not play up the entertainment offerings. Or Halloween Times big expansion last year, and DCA's changes. But they have their fair share of dumb ideas just go to DLR centered board and TDA is pretty much just as bad as TDO :lol:

Id almost settle for Parade the of Stars :ROFLOL: if its still around I know a few were around when POD moved in. hmm they must have quite a few parade chassies floating around.

Oh Princess Fantasy Faire... the way over the top glorified princess meet and greet, which is now a sad shell of its former self just a meet and greet... At least bring the coloring back the cheapest of all the old offerings! lol

but back to WDW's Summer Nightastic! is there more? that still isnt announced yet?

_Scar

Lol, seriously? It's funny how oncee WDW gets something new and high quality, everyone starts bashing on DL. In the end, they still have better stuff than us.

He/she was onlybashing PPF and their entertainment. :lookaroun

They may have better quality, but that is your opinion. Just like it's someone elses opinion that their entertainment isn't up to par.

sponono88

DL is my home park, I wasn't bashing it in any way. :shrug: I just wish they'd bring back some of the entertainment offerings they have cut back on. Specifically the Fantasyland Theatre and a new parade. That's all I ask!

and nemo, I'd settle for Parade of the Stars myself. I miss that parade :eek:

Mr.EPCOT

I certainly hope he's going off his own sources...It would be most reasuring to have something new in IllumiNations to see...what that could possibly be, I have no idea. :lol:

Summer Music?:shrug:

Could be the 25th tag, or I could also see them reworking the New Years tag. If they're willing to go the perimeters route with the Magic Kingdom, maybe they would at EPCOT as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Could be the 25th tag, or I could also see them reworking the New Years tag. If they're willing to go the perimeters route with the Magic Kingdom, maybe they would at EPCOT as well.
Very much doubt the NYE tag. The 25th tag was on par product and budget wise with Peace on Earth, something shown as an added for nothing value plussing of the show during the holidays; I`d imagine any tag would be comparable to this. Which is no bad thing of course.

sponono88

This is the video from the Summer Nightastic press event at DL last year. This video features the Electrical Parade introduction so I thought i'd be fitting to add it to this thread
since it is the same version heading to Florida

[youtube]oASzbUF6Zuo[/youtube]

tirian

Mansion had it's story "added" to with the new attic.:wave:

And all through the use of details.

Not true, really. Mansion has no storyline. There was a story given to the attic, maybe,but not the entire ride. Any "story" given to the entire ride is a fabrication.

Linear storylines are overrated IMO. That's the problem with most of the attractions at Universal: they follow specific storylines that never change, and the experiences entirely depend upon accepting those stories for the first time. They also seem to pack too much plot into a six or seven minute ride, and the entire attraction seems like "Aaaaah! Whoa! Watch out! Oh my gosh! Look out!" *yawn*

I think Disney does a good job balancing atmospheric rides with just enough plot to string it along. The only glaring example of too much plot is the Nemo Sub ride at DL; it's basically a retelling of the movie, and it lasts too long. The silly poacher subplot on Kilimanjaro Safaris gets old on subsequent trips, too.

TOT has an awesome repeat factor because even though the first half never changes, the drops are unpredictable; and the theming and storytelling are classic, old-school Disney magic.

tirian

Hmm, I'll be there June 1-7. I wonder if I'll get to see any of this?

It's unofficially, officially scheduled for mid-June. :animwink:

Jim Hill had one thing right: the MSEP is rumored to be staying longer than the summer, at least as long as DCA needs to tinker with WoC.

SirGoofy

Linear storylines are overrated IMO. That's the problem with most of the attractions at Universal: they follow specific storylines that never change, and the experiences entirely depend upon accepting those stories for the first time. They also seem to pack too much plot into a six or seven minute ride, and the entire attraction seems like "Aaaaah! Whoa! Watch out! Oh my gosh! Look out!" *yawn*

I don't mind either way, but rides like HM, JC, BTM, Space, and formerly Pirates are awesome because you can basically make your own story to them.

The silly poacher subplot on Kilimanjaro Safaris gets old on subsequent trips, too.

Ugh, I hate the poachers storyline. If the dang shooting truck still worked it'd be better, but it stinks right now.

TOT has an awesome repeat factor because even though the first half never changes, the drops are unpredictable; and the theming and storytelling are classic, old-school Disney magic.

Agreed.

WDWGoof07

I think Disney does a good job balancing atmospheric rides with just enough plot to string it along. The only glaring example of too much plot is the Nemo Sub ride at DL; it's basically a retelling of the movie, and it lasts too long. The silly poacher subplot on Kilimanjaro Safaris gets old on subsequent trips, too.

:ROFLOL:You know I kind of got the same feeling from a lot of Universal rides.

Splash Mountain is similar to TOT in this regard, too. There's a plot, but there's so many other sight gags, AA's, and things to see that it's very repeatable.

EPCOT Explorer

I suppose, but you still have Tiana's Celebration, no?

How would that tie in, though? EPCOT is 27 now, are they going to celebrate that?

:)lol: I would not mind..:D)

This is the video from the Summer Nightastic press event at DL last year. This video features the Electrical Parade introduction so I thought i'd be fitting to add it to this thread
since it is the same version heading to Florida

[youtube]oASzbUF6Zuo[/youtube]
:sohappy:

Right, so it uses a Linear Storyline that could have it's effects plussed. I don't follow. :lookaroun :lol:

WDW Vacationer

^They could just celebrate EPCOT and how great it is.:lol:

I'm happy this is coming! Although in the announcement,Meg made it sound as though ToT upgrades are for Nightastic only.

nibblesandbits

I'm confused. This is Disney WORLD getting all this stuff, right? Disney WORLD is actually spending money? Who died?
Quote of the week, right there! I know I'm behind, but all this is fabulous news! So great to actually see WDW getting something that isn't being charged extra for. Let's hope Disney realizes this is a good direction to keep moving towards in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom