MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

EPCOT Explorer

Well, she`ll be gone from there soon so what does she care? She also called MMM a "brand new" show.

What a marketing-fest. And isn`t it just a little embarrassing that the main hype is about two old shows? I hope the ROE tag is the saviour. It does make you wonder exactly why TDO are doing this. Are bookings still really that bad? They need to drag more locals in? To average guest from the UK it dosn`t matter what pyro show they see. The offers are flying thick and fast over here to persuade tourists to spend the Disney dollar this year. I guess the pinch is sitll biteing.

And Erin Wallace stood on the same stage that dedicated EPCOT and in front of Spaceship Earth, looking at the American Pavilion on October 1st 2007.:lookaroun

She'll be gone...for good?

And yes, while it's all marketing, it is exciting. And big fix for entertainment. Even though it's "old", it's new to a lot of us, and should be commended, I think.I'm certainly a fan.

Why, though, is a good question. I wonder if the answer is Jim MacPhee. :D

cdunbar

And Erin Wallace stood on the same stage that dedicated EPCOT and in front of Spaceship Earth, looking at the American Pavilion on October 1st 2007.:lookaroun

She'll be gone...for good?

And yes, while it's all marketing, it is exciting. And big fix for entertainment. Even though it's "old", it's new to a lot of us, and should be commended, I think.I'm certainly a fan.

Why, though, is a good question. I wonder if the answer is Jim MacPhee. :D
I thought Jim had a job already? A great job? :lookaroun

cdunbar

His new position in TDO might have been the impetus for this.
Well that would make sense....I appreciate the fact that TDO has a woman at the helm, but she's kind of turned our beloved ship into a running joke and that I'm not cool with. Jim is old school and knows how things SHOULD be so if you are correct Ev and this was the point of his new position than that's...wait for it...fabuloustastic! :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

SirGoofy

Wait, Tower's upgrades aren't permanent?

If so, all excitement=gone.

Well that would make sense....I appreciate the fact that TDO has a woman at the helm, but she's kind of turned our beloved ship into a running joke and that I'm not cool with. Jim is old school and knows how things SHOULD be so if you are correct Ev and this was the point of his new position than that's...wait for it...fabuloustastic! :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

She's pretty bad. Meeting her in person was like meeting a walking, talking PR machine.

EPCOT Explorer

Wait, Tower's upgrades aren't permanent?

If so, all excitement=gone.

She's pretty bad. Meeting her in person was like meeting a walking, talking PR machine.

If so, which I doubt, why? It's still getting something unique, and new.:shrug:

Personal excitement, sure, that I can understand, if you don't get to ride it. :lol:

SirGoofy

If so, which I doubt, why? It's still getting something unique, and new.:shrug:

I could see if it was an overlay. But the fact that it's getting updated sound for 3 months and then they're taking it away? That's effing ridiculous, man. That's something that once it's in, it should stay. The drop sequence is whatever, but the sound should no doubt in my mind stay.

And I'll ride it. I'm making a trip for Potter this summer, so I'll work/go to Disney at some point.

EPCOT Explorer

I could see if it was an overlay. But the fact that it's getting updated sound for 3 months and then they're taking it away? That's effing ridiculous, man. That's something that once it's in, it should stay. The drop sequence is whatever, but the sound should no doubt in my mind stay.

And I'll ride it. I'm making a trip for Potter this summer, so I'll work/go to Disney at some point.
Then, it sounds like an overlay. If they are upgrading the tech for sounds and all, I really don't expect them to downgrade.:shrug:

You know what I just realized? Pleasure Island would have been perfect fodder for this Summer Nightastic promotion.

Duh.:(:lol:

cdunbar

O yeah I could easily see that I mean watching that video of her from attractions magazine, she had her speech in front of her and was stumbling, I mean sure she's not perfect no one is but don't go umm if you have your speech in front of your especially if you're an executive that gets paid out the @$$ every year for really only getting wheeled out for PR events. I mean the PR girl Carrie was totally off the cuff and while it did seem rehearsed she knew what she was talking about. I mean Meg, seemed like she walked in that room somebody handed her a speech and she really was not familiar with it. :shrug:

I tend to agree, I mean ok if you want to say it's part of this whole summer nightastic thing great, awesome whatever, but, don't be stupid enough to spend the money to have the ride jazzed up and the technology updated only to spend the money all over again to have it all ripped out come Sept. 1st. That's just well silly.

mickeysaver

:shrug:

With the economy still on the slow side, I am thrilled to see that the cuts have stopped. I will take the "new to me" experiences. I know that these may not be the changes that will please everyone, but for a lot of us, it's enough for now with the promise of more in the future. I am still hopeful that there are many new things on the horizon for us that will be announced today.

WDW Monorail

I'm actually surprised that MK will be getting perimeters instead of RoE getting a tag. The RoE tag would be much easier to implement and cheaper as well. MK has to worry about transportation issues north of the Contemporary and extra staffing.

Just to add one thing, when I saw the MSEP, I didn't really like it that much. I'm hoping Spectro doesn't change much once it returns.

spacebaby

I hope this proves to be a huge success and Disney extend it through to the end of the year so I can see it in December - I'm starting to get bored with the same shows year in year out i.e. Wishes & SpectroMagic, don't get me wrong, they are great shows but it's always the same - perhaps WDW & DL should alternate shows every couple of years so east coast visiters can enjoy west coast shows and vice versa, but not just during a 70 day period during the summer which many try to avoid due to the crowds - but I imagine it's the crowds which justify the cost for the changes.

HMF

Carrie Matson, though...Director of Marketing. Interesting. Is she responsible for WWYC? The lack of the EC Logo? I'd like that have a word with her...:lol:
She strikes me as the head of marketing all right.
Getting facts wrong.(-Electrical Parade Enhancements are brand new.)
Saying the names of the parks wrong.-(Disney Hollywood Studios
Does not know anything about certain aspects of her job. Not surprised at all.

WDW1974

A few additional thoughts:

The pyro show will indeed be MMM, but it will be rebranded ... Summer Wishes anyone? Summer Magic, perhaps? ... It will be tweaked a bit. I wouldn't expect the same MMM show (especially in terms of pyro) but very close.

I don't know this for a fact, but strongly believe sending the MSEP back here was done by George Kalogridis as a bit of a thanks to his O-Town friends, since there was no way DCA was showing it this summer and, obviously, a choice was made to NOT show it at DL as planned.

I've yet to hear anything from anyone regarding an Illuminations tag and don't believe that is happening. If it were, common sense (I know this is Disney but ...) dictates that it would have been announced yesterday and included in all the PR.

ToT reprogramming has been planned for a few years now (and is very easy to do), so I'm very curious as to what exactly is making this special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom