MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

jt04

Lighting is cool for the fanatics, but I don't see it impacting the overall success. That will be determined by how well the major additions (MSEP and MMM) go over with the masses.

I agree somewhat, but the Disney magic is in the details and unexpected extras. Especially the unexpected extras. MSEP and MMM will draw in the crowds. However, it's the unexpected features and suprises that will keep bringing folks back.

IMHO. :cool:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I agree somewhat, but the Disney magic is in the details and unexpected extras. Especially the unexpected extras. MSEP and MMM will draw in the crowds. However, it's the unexpected features and suprises that will keep bringing folks back.

IMHO. :cool:

Agree completely JT. It's always those little extras that make the magic. The big stuff like MSEP and MMM will impress, but the little extras are what resonates. They leave you with a feeling of having just been somewhere very special. Even though most people won't go home and say hey remember how SM was lit up, they will have the feeling of something special that little things like that impart.

Lee

Adventurer
Wait...wait...hold everything...
Just watched that video of the presentation. Meg seemed to say that the ToT upgrades were for summer only.
Can she possibly be serious about that? The upgrades and enhancements that have been in the works for quite some time now are being put into effect just for the summer?

If so, I give up. Total fail. That was the only really good part about this whole thing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just watched that video of the presentation. Meg seemed to say that the ToT upgrades were for summer only.
Can she possibly be serious about that? The upgrades and enhancements that have been in the works for quite some time now are being put into effect just for the summer?

If so, I give up. Total fail. That was the only really good part about this whole thing.

I doubt it. As a marketing effort I am sure it will be called a summer event - which it is. But I also don't see them ripping it out.

jt04

I guess I'm in a disagreeable mood but again I disagree. The trend seems to be to offer someting special year round. This not only allows for special events and unique experiences but provides incentives to own AP's.

So I think soon Disney will have something special year round at WDW.

Flower & Garden
Sounds of Summer/Nightastic/Extended hours/ToT features/RoE tag?
Food & Wine/MNSSHP
Christmas Events

The only blank spot in the calendar is the early January until F&G timeframe. Carnival?:king:

I really like this trend.

IMHO :cool:

devoy1701

I see what people are saying about the fact that we're getting a recycled 30 yr old parade, and a recycled firework show, and extended park hours that always happen to some extent over the summer.

But you gotta put it into perspective with the fact that we're getting a HUGE MK expansion already and a new version of Star Tours. WDW could have easily sat on their hands and offered us nothing until Fantasy Forest opened saying "well we got alot of things coming at you soon" or worse, made some more cuts being that we're still in a recession. I'll take new entertainment (new as in something other than the norms that we have seen for the last 10 years) done in a cost saving way than absolutely nothing until FF opens.

and Lee, is seasonal enhancement to ToT or any other attractions so bad??? DL does it all the time. It would be great if ToT had different programs running at different times of the year. Maybe we'll see some other overlays coming our way (ghost galaxy, return of some holiday overlays)? Its funny because in the 2010 Passholder Benefits thread we were just talking about how WDW needs to do more to entice the AP holders. Now we're getting 20% Merch discounts and some special summer offerings...

who on here is spying on behalf of the Mouse?

EPCOT Explorer

Do we have any hard dates on when this will happen?
I would hope it follows DL's model for Nightastic...June 10th- Aug 24th.

Why? It makes it more exclusive. Like an overlay, I guess. Maybe it wouldn't make sense during a different season or promotion?

jt04

I would hope it follows DL's model for Nightastic...June 10th- Aug 24th.

Why? It makes it more exclusive. Like an overlay, I guess. Maybe it wouldn't make sense during a different season or promotion?

Agreed. And this just may be the first step in creating a series of events and adds at DHS during summer months. Kind of like DHS's version of F&G or F&W. I bet they have even discussed expanding SoS and moving it from Epcot to DHS.

I guess I should be saying "Sounds Like Summer". sorry

Lee

Adventurer
Overlays are fine in many cases. Especially when they are essentially just cosmetic, like HMH or Ghost Galaxy.

But not when new and upgraded effects that have been in the works for a long time are turned on for a season as part of a marketing campaign, then turned off again when it's over.
Meg said, "And we're adding, just for the summer, new special effects at Tower of Terror, and an all new elevator drop sequence created specially for Summer Nightastic."

Nope. I can't get behind that.:mad:

Nightastic is officially in grave danger of becoming :snore: here at Lee Manor.

Testtrack321

I doubt it. As a marketing effort I am sure it will be called a summer event - which it is. But I also don't see them ripping it out.

It'll be for the summer just as Reflections of Earth was just for the Millennium Celebration.

"Our guests loved the new Tower with blah blah blah so we've listened and making it permanent blah blah blah Fantasmic! blah blah blah chocolate chip cookies blah blah blah Pixie Hollow." Or something like that.

Any room open in Lee Manor?

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. And this just may be the first step in creating a series of events and adds at DHS during summer months. Kind of like DHS's version of F&G or F&W. I bet they have even discussed expanding SoS and moving it from Epcot to DHS.

I guess I should be saying "Sounds Like Summer". sorry
I would hope so. DHS and DAK need draws like that...

Overlays are fine in many cases. Especially when they are essentially just cosmetic, like HMH or Ghost Galaxy.

But not when new and upgraded effects that have been in the works for a long time are turned on for a season as part of a marketing campaign, then turned off again when it's over.
Meg said, "And we're adding, just for the summer, new special effects at Tower of Terror, and an all new elevator drop sequence created specially for Summer Nightastic."

Yes, that I agree with, if it's just cosmetic, and more far reaching. If it is something just for the summer, and would only make thematic sense at the time, then the "Summer only" banner fits. Otherwise, it should stay. Which I think it will.

cdunbar

I am wondering if there is going to be some sort of promotion to go after locals. Are we finally going to get the monthly payments for AP's like DL has. I think if they offered that they could really increase the number AP's at WDW. I think it is great that we are finally getting an seasonal entertainment promotion like DL gets every year. It is going to be nice to not have to pay extra for something. Now if we could just get Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's A Small World Christmas later this year. Then my jaw would truly drop.
I think that would be great, and would help my decision as to whether or not to purchase one, but I don't see it happening, honestly.

Kinda blan no? gotta love how they make it seem the whole Summer Nightastic! and Electrical Parade was all thier idea....
That's Meg for you....:lol:
i keep thinking...this is it? ohhhh tower of terror will "glow in the dark"...MSEP with tinkerbell! wowwwww! :lol:

how about a space mountain overlay in there? watching the end of orlando attractions video makes you realize how nuts these people really are.
Nuts as in what? :veryconfu
Exactly. I don't think greedy is the right word.. DL's "Wonder" parade for the 55th never came to be, and now the only real parade at the resort is the Pixar Play Parade at DCA and of course the Christmas parade (but that's seasonal). With a parade, live stage show, and soon WoC, DCA is in a much better place entertainment-wise than DL is.

As for the press event video.. that was a bit hard to watch. It felt rushed and she seemed kinda fake. Why not invite the show director to introduce the parade and its enhancements?
I thought they had Celebrate! :veryconfu

I'm feeling nightastic...

Well that's nicetastic....:D

cdunbar

And you know mine.

Lee, NOT the weird one? Trading EPCOT for the AC? Sure sign of mental problems.:lookaroun

And nor is a Main Street. When it leads up to the Weenie.

Wait, what?:lookaroun:lookaroun:goodnevil:ROFLOL:

They'll get over it.

About 5 second into WoC's premier over it. :lol:

I kind of do, too, based on the music. The whole "fight" for the Castle, the voice overs, the random POTC Music...it feels more constructed and pieced together than Wishes, which to me, feels organic. It's all good, though, VERY hyped to see it in June. Can't wait.
EXACTLY!

That's the impression I too got from the video....:shrug:

:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Meg seemed to say that the ToT upgrades were for summer only..
Well, she`ll be gone from there soon so what does she care? She also called MMM a "brand new" show.

What a marketing-fest. And isn`t it just a little embarrassing that the main hype is about two old shows? I hope the ROE tag is the saviour. It does make you wonder exactly why TDO are doing this. Are bookings still really that bad? They need to drag more locals in? To average guest from the UK it dosn`t matter what pyro show they see. The offers are flying thick and fast over here to persuade tourists to spend the Disney dollar this year. I guess the pinch is sitll biteing.

MousDad

Little late to the dance here. Nice to see the staleness being addressed. With Potter in the mix, might even be enough to make me break my "don't travel to Florida in the summer except at gunpoint" rule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom