MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

WDW1974

Seriously! :shrug: They can't handle those two at the same time anyway. Greedy Disneyland. :lol:

Right now, DL has NO parade. None. Day or night.

EP has been at DCA. The plan was to return it to DL this summer.

So no one is being greedy.

You'll get RDCT back for July 17th, so I really don't see the complaints.

Giving less is always a bad thing, no matter what resort.

Now, there may be plans for something new coming to Anaheim, but I haven't heard anything close to definitive.

EPCOT Explorer

Right now, DL has NO parade. None. Day or night.

EP has been at DCA. The plan was to return it to DL this summer.

So no one is being greedy.

Giving less is always a bad thing, no matter what resort.

Now, there may be plans for something new coming to Anaheim, but I haven't heard anything close to definitive.

Seeing that they get special events on top of special events, and "special" treatment, I'm not feeling to sympathetic. They'll get something else.

Besides, they are getting WoC, which will be huge for the entire resort, not just DCA.

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
BTW, has anyone mentioned that WDW has a new official airline yet?

Care to divulge?

Sure. It's the airline I almost never fly (but have flown to O-Town) ... Southwest.

It was supposed to be announced at this event ... maybe tomorrow?

I'm also wondering about the Disney Parks/DVCer AP, that was on the agenda as well.

GeneralZod

No. You've never seen it. MMM completely blows Wishes away. Like, drops a nuclear bomb on it, and shoots it's ashes into the sun. I first saw MMM when I still semi-liked Wishes, and seeing it completely destroyed my view on what a fireworks show should be.

I was literally left with my mouth gaping open. It's a spectacle.

I just don't understand why Wishes is looked so down upon on this site. As far as my entire family is concerned it is just PART of WDW. For us it's not about which has the biggest and loudest fireworks (and I am another fireworks junkie), but a great soundtrack that we feel embodies Disney. Oh well, at least we will be down in April before the transition to enjoy it for one more trip (in case this is permanent).

WDW1974

No. You've never seen it. MMM completely blows Wishes away. Like, drops a nuclear bomb on it, and shoots it's ashes into the sun. I first saw MMM when I still semi-liked Wishes, and seeing it completely destroyed my view on what a fireworks show should be.

I was literally left with my mouth gaping open. It's a spectacle.

Explorer has a pixie dust addiction ... baaaad!:eek:

Much like the importance of trees, he doesn't realize that Disney can do great MK pyro shows without overdoing the sugar and schmaltz.

SirGoofy

I just don't understand why Wishes is looked so down upon on this site. As far as my entire family is concerned it is just PART of WDW. For us it's not about which has the biggest and loudest fireworks (and I am another fireworks junkie), but a great soundtrack that we feel embodies Disney. Oh well, at least we will be down in April before the transition to enjoy it for one more trip (in case this is permanent).

For me, Wishes embodies the downward spiral of the Magic Kingdom. The music is overly sappy, to the point that it turns my emotions the complete opposite way. It tries too hard to elicit an emotion and gets none from me.

You used to have a grand sweeping E-ticket in the sky with Fantasy in the Sky, and now the fireworks are sugary sweet and kiddy-fied, just like the rest of MK.

Whereas MMM is that E-ticket in the sky.

EPCOT Explorer

Explorer has a pixie dust addiction ... baaaad!:eek:

Much like the importance of trees, he doesn't realize that Disney can do great MK pyro shows without overdoing the sugar and schmaltz.

Or he accepts that there's a time and a place for everything, and if the nightly pyro show is shmatzy, it's shmatlzy. It still has a good meaning, great effects, and is quality.

I dunno, though, he's a weird kid. Has weird friends. Talks to them about mice, and metaphorical trees and Main Street's. Something's not right there.

:lookaroun:drevil::ROFLOL:

nemofinder22

I wonder if the LED balloons will make it over to WDW too, they also came out with Halloween and Christmas themed light up balloons.
[youtube]xauh3UPkm6k[/youtube]

WDW1974

Southwest? They seem to be teaming up a lot with Disney lately, especially the give a day get a day promo.

Already answered, but you indeed guessed correctly.

Wonder what it says that WDW, which once had global airlines in Eastern and Delta as official carriers, has decided to go with what's basically the Walmart of the skies (not completely fair as I despise WM, but admire SWA's business model) and one that doesn't travel beyond US borders (even with code-sharing) or offer meals, entertainment or a first class/business cabin.

GeneralZod

For me, Wishes embodies the downward spiral of the Magic Kingdom. The music is overly sappy, to the point that it turns my emotions the complete opposite way. It tries too hard to elicit an emotion and gets none from me.

You used to have a grand sweeping E-ticket in the sky with Fantasy in the Sky, and now the fireworks are sugary sweet and kiddy-fied, just like the rest of MK.

Yeah, you sound like my teenager who want's everything to be Rockin Rollercoaster. Not saying you do, just that in this one instance that is how appear to me.

Wishes is about the experience for us. Not everything Disney does HAS to be an all out E-Ticket extravaganza, sometimes it is about the moments spent listening to a little of a sappy story with family.

As for the kiddy-fied, my selfishness adult side tends to agree for , but my father of a four-year-old who has a lot to enjoy for years to come gives in a little. To each his own.

WDW1974

Agreed on all counts.

You need a dentist with you when you see Wishes because it's so sickeningly sweet it'll rot your teeth out!:D:eek::)

WDW1974

Seeing that they get special events on top of special events, and "special" treatment, I'm not feeling to sympathetic. They'll get something else.

Besides, they are getting WoC, which will be huge for the entire resort, not just DCA.

Bad excuses.

They don't get 'special' anything. They just get what WDW used to (and other resorts worldwide continue to get).

WDW is a victim of guests/fans who accept less than they should and then tout it as something better than it is.

WoC should be spectacular. But that doesn't mean they should lose their parade either.

SirGoofy

Yeah, you sound like my teenager who want's everything to be Rockin Rollercoaster. Not saying you do, just that in this one instance that is how appear to me.

Actually quite the opposite. My favorite attractions are Hunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise.

And I wish I was a teenager still. Ahhhh, when life was simple.:cool:

Wishes is about the experience for us. Not everything Disney does HAS to be an all out E-Ticket extravaganza, sometimes it is about the moments spent listening to a little of a sappy story with family.

No doubt, but a fireworks should be, IMHO. And sappy is fine in moderation, but Wishes lays it on thick. So thick it's hard to connect with the show, at least in my experience.

As for the kiddy-fied, my selfishness adult side tends to agree for , but my father of a four-year-old who has a lot to enjoy for years to come gives in a little. To each his own.

There's a difference between having enough for kids, and becoming JUST for kids, which the MK is unfortunately becoming.

WDW1974

Or he accepts that there's a time and a place for everything, and if the nightly pyro show is shmatzy, it's shmatlzy. It still has a good meaning, great effects, and is quality.

It is quality. But it is also manipulative and ... nah, you know my feelings on it.

I dunno, though, he's a weird kid. Has weird friends. Talks to them about mice, and metaphorical trees and Main Street's. Something's not right there.

:lookaroun:drevil::ROFLOL:

He is a weird kid, true. But don't be calling Lee weird. He is as normal as they come! :D

And sometimes a tree is just a tree ... but not when it's a bunch of bushes in front of the MK's weenie! :D:D:D

GeneralZod

Actually quite the opposite. My favorite attractions are Hunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise.

I know! That's what throws me, I've been reading your posts for years. That's why I can at least respect your opinion here. :)

There's a difference between having enough for kids, and becoming JUST for kids, which the MK is unfortunately becoming.

Yeah, that worries me a little too. I do however find myself enjoying rides that are certainly not aimed at my demographic. :)

SirGoofy

I know! That's what throws me, I've been reading your posts for years. That's why I can at least respect your opinion here. :)

I've got a fan!

:lookaroun:lol:

Yeah, that worries me a little too. I do however find myself enjoying rides that are certainly not aimed at my demographic. :)

Oh, I enjoy them now and again. But MK was a much more sophisticated experience. It had things for the kids that the parents could enjoy. Now, I feel like some of the stuff is so kiddy you could roll your eyes at.:lol:

culturenthrills

Perhaps to you, but to many (including myself), this is a great and unexpected step forward. New entertainment, and tweeks to an existing ride are a very nice way of plussing the experience while the other big projects are still being built. They could have done nothing, but have chosen to do something.

I am wondering if there is going to be some sort of promotion to go after locals. Are we finally going to get the monthly payments for AP's like DL has. I think if they offered that they could really increase the number AP's at WDW. I think it is great that we are finally getting an seasonal entertainment promotion like DL gets every year. It is going to be nice to not have to pay extra for something. Now if we could just get Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's A Small World Christmas later this year. Then my jaw would truly drop.

GeneralZod

I've got a fan!

Whoa! Let's not get too excited; I mean, I agree with with your ride choices and your avatar, but let's keep this on the level here Bub (I can use Marvel dialog now right?).

EDIT: I just noticed this conversation has just taken me from 6 posts to 9 in a 3.5 year period. See what your Wishes negativity has done! Dammit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom