MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That's a bit worrisome. Who is 'they'?

I had heard what Steve had (albeit as a possibility, not a 'happening').

I'd hate to think they're going to just throw out a cheaper show because MMM really is spectacular.

I've still got very good reason to believe it's MMM - hopefully come June we'll find out that it is :)

EPCOT Explorer

LOL yeah the cycle of these parades is amazing. The MSEP just cannot be killed by conventional weapons. It goes on, and on, and on.
It's a tradition, now. I fully expect it to stay that way. :sohappy:
I hope the MSEP stays longer than just summertime. I wouldn't mind seeing this become a "temporary" addition for a few years.
With the situation of WoC in DCA, it sounds plausible, but doesn't DL want it back?
Why did I know what the typical reaction would be?

I am drowning in fanboi foam.

It's very tough to put my thoughts down because my initial reaction is that what has been announced is very good news.

I love the MSEP. Don't care much for Spectro.

I love MMM, which I have been told is the show that's coming (and which some Spirit has suggested would be a great replacement for the syrupy Wishes) and don't feel the love of moppets singing in Wishes.

I love ToT and anything done to plus it can only be a good thing.

DAK is such an amazing park and expanding its hours in the gross summer months is only a good thing.

So, yeah, that's all good.

BUT ... and you knew there would be one, right? ... is the fact these kinds of things can be overplayed.

TDO hasn't changed, largely.

And let's look at the reality of what is happening and take the emotion and pxie dust away.

MSEP is an old parade ... very old ... it was tweaked slightly last year at DCA for its Summer Nightastic campaign. It already has made one return well over a decade ago. This isn't the same as a new parade at all. Check out both TDL and UNI-Japan to see what you can do with night parades.

MMM is a GREAT pyro show. While I never paid for the hard-ticket party it came with, I saw the show multiple times and it really is great. So much better than Wishes. And, for most folks, this might as well be new. I'll even give them that one. Great move, albeit copying what DL has been doing.

ToT is one of Disney's best attractions in FLA. It's also easily (and inexpensively) reprogrammed. Nice to see, but nothing that hasn't already been done at least four times since 1994.

Extending DAK's hours is terrific. Hopefully, they'll reconsider Rivers of Light now. It's a sin that most guests never see the place at night with the incredible atmosphere and lighting package.

So ... if all that's good then what's the problem?

Simple.

The positive aspects will inevitably be blown way out of proportion by a fanboi crowd that largely is bored with WDW, yet won't say it. They'll rally that this is some kind of legit way of combating the WWoHP, which it isn't.

I have only skimmed the thread (because as expected there are already a crapload of posts) but I've already seen the 'tude.

It's not that these aren't positive moves because I believe they are. It's just they are very late ... and they don't compare to major additions and such.

When you see the smallest Disney resort in the world put on major new seasonal events all the time (Chinese New Year's right now), it puts into perspective what Disney is or isn't doing in O-Town.

I'm more interested in what aspects of NEXTGEN are being released and whether they are giving tours of the lab.

Anyway, flame away bois!
I agree, save for what I bolded...If they didn't change, what is this? This is a total reversal of what they would have done in the past...It's more TDA than TDO! Something had to change here, and I wonder if it's the new leadership. I think that might have changed a lot of things.

They told us in our video interview, the fireworks will be a completely new show which has yet to have been titled. :wave:
Maybe a retooled MMM?

Here's my guess...and this is my guess, keep that in mind.

Electrical Parade will stay until the 40th while Spectromagic is updated and enhanced.

When the 40th comes, the Electrical Parade will go to Disneyland Park, and Spectromagic will debut in it's new enhanced form.

This story would make sense to me because money has been spent on enhancing Spectromagic already, hence the new Spectromen Costumes, and LED fireworks on the finale floats, and don't forget another promotion idea for the 40th Anniversary.
Spectro returning 20 years after it's debut for the 20th with an all new look, and soundtrack would be perfectly fitting. :D

Yes it's likely to run to at least mid Aug, probably closer to the end of Aug.
I'm thinking much like DL's Nightastic....11 June- 24 Aug.

hp200lx

I've still got very good reason to believe it's MMM - hopefully come June we'll find out that it is :)
No offensive Steve BUT I think if anything it will be a "version" of MMM not the same exact show, it will have elements of the show but not BE it. Being very similar in someways but very different in others. Based on comments by Disney reps at the event. Just my 2 cents.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No offensive Steve BUT I think if anything it will be a "version" of MMM not the same exact show, it will have elements of the show but not BE it. Being very similar in someways but very different in others. Based on comments by Disney reps at the event. Just my 2 cents.

No offense taken, we'll see come June :)

jrh1985

Now they know how we have felt. Tell them to get over it. :lol:

Why are they ticked anyway? They still have a NT, too.

To tell the truth, before today, I was hoping that DEP would Turn back into DL's MSEP for the 55th. Even through WDW getting MSEP is better news. It still leaves DL with just CASP Magical and Fantasmic It still a step lower than the early 90's

nemofinder22

I dont see any reason for DL'ers to be mad:shrug: I mean come on World of Color is opening in a few months theres 4 seasonal 4 firework shows. Then again C!ASP is still the only thing parading down DL and DCA will be a parade short, with out a replacement.

Electrical Parade got and preimered it upgrades/enhacments at DCA last year, if anything I would be more mad, that MK is getting more of DCA's left overs, did I just say that on a WDW board:eek::rolleyes:;)

Then again thats how DL'ers are. Everything is up for big complaints lol

EPCOT Explorer

It's not a retooled show, its the real deal, including the 8 perimeter launch locations.
I trust you. :)

But why would you be worried about a parade when you have a be all end all night show? :shrug:
Seriously! :shrug: They can't handle those two at the same time anyway. Greedy Disneyland. :lol:

To tell the truth, before today, I was hoping that DEP would Turn back into DL's MSEP for the 55th. Even through WDW getting MSEP is better news. It still leaves DL with just CASP Magical and Fantasmic It still a step lower than the early 90's
You'll get RDCT back for July 17th, so I really don't see the complaints.

cdunbar

Because I'd want both. Duh.
Silly me! :rolleyes:

I trust you. :)

Seriously! :shrug: They can't handle those two at the same time anyway. Greedy Disneyland. :lol:

You'll get RDCT back for July 17th, so I really don't see the complaints.
Yeah they seem to be kind of greedy I mean you have the be all end all, be happy people!

And RDCT, is going to there on the 17th, can you 1000% confirm that because you know I trust you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom