MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

_Scar

No. You've never seen it. MMM completely blows Wishes away. Like, drops a nuclear bomb on it, and shoots it's ashes into the sun. I first saw MMM when I still semi-liked Wishes, and seeing it completely destroyed my view on what a fireworks show should be.

I was literally left with my mouth gaping open. It's a spectacle.

It wasn't that special... but the attack on the castle by Hook is awesome and completely worth it.

"I want that castle!"

:sohappy:

Stupid question, is there anything being announced tmrw? Should I have my eyes glued to the screen all day tmrw?

nemofinder22

It wasn't that special... but the attack on the castle by Hook is awesome and completely worth it.

"I want that castle!"

:sohappy:

Stupid question, is there anything being announced tmrw? Should I have my eyes glued to the screen all day tmrw?

tmrw? :confused::shrug:

SMRT-1

i keep thinking...this is it? ohhhh tower of terror will "glow in the dark"...MSEP with tinkerbell! wowwwww! :lol:

how about a space mountain overlay in there? watching the end of orlando attractions video makes you realize how nuts these people really are.

nemofinder22

I thought it was pretty cheesy- or sappy as you might say (at least half of it was). I'll look forward to it, but I'd be looking forward to MSEP much more. IMO, Wishes does cheesy right and it has left me with great memories.The sappy has sunk in. :p

Tomorrow?

Oh ok:ROFLOL: lol

SirGoofy

I thought it was pretty cheesy- or sappy as you might say (at least half of it was). I'll look forward to it, but I'd be looking forward to MSEP much more. IMO, Wishes does cheesy right and it has left me with great memories.The sappy has sunk in. :p

Wait...What!?

You thought MMM was sappy?

:veryconfu I don't get you.

_Scar

What would Space overlay for? 4th of July? lol

Wait...What!?

You thought MMM was sappy?

I don't get you.

Yup, sorta. I don't like Tink defeating Hook. Ruins the ending for me. If I remember correctly, there's also a part with Bibbidi Boppidy Boo in the beginning- yea, not my thing. lol

I do like the "Red, no blue", The Little Mermaid and Hook tie-in though. I thought these were quite unique and creative.

I'm a teenager, nobody gets me. :p
I really love the show, I just don't think it's leaps and bounds. But hey- I've only seen it on Youtube- like most others here. We all know Youtube isn't the same as the experience as being there.

sponono88

Right now, DL has NO parade. None. Day or night.

EP has been at DCA. The plan was to return it to DL this summer.

So no one is being greedy.

Giving less is always a bad thing, no matter what resort.

Now, there may be plans for something new coming to Anaheim, but I haven't heard anything close to definitive.

Exactly. I don't think greedy is the right word.. DL's "Wonder" parade for the 55th never came to be, and now the only real parade at the resort is the Pixar Play Parade at DCA and of course the Christmas parade (but that's seasonal). With a parade, live stage show, and soon WoC, DCA is in a much better place entertainment-wise than DL is.

As for the press event video.. that was a bit hard to watch. It felt rushed and she seemed kinda fake. Why not invite the show director to introduce the parade and its enhancements?

TP2000

Geez, that Meg Crofton woman doesn't seem very genuine, but rather scripted and forced. She could be selling toothpaste for all she knows. :lol:

I'm fascinated that they tried to play this off like WDW created and designed all this stuff and invented the Nightastic concept. It's mostly a Disneyland clone, quite literally. :lol:

Do these marketing people not know about the Internet, and know that the fans are aware that Nightastic isn't a WDW exclusive or created event? How stupid do they think we are? Or perhaps the question should be, how stupid are they? :confused:

That said, I think this is a good move for WDW. The Electrical Parade has pretty much run its course in California, after returning in July, 2001 and running through this spring. It's scheduled to run for the three weeks of Easter Vacation at DCA starting March 19th, and I might stop by to see it again. I saw the Nightastic refreshment of it last summer, and it was nice, but nothing over-the-top huge. It didn't pull in huge crowds to DCA this past summer, as most of the locals and tourists were more interested in the new Fantasmic! stuff.

WDWFigment

We'll be honeymooning in June, so this is quite exciting for us. I've never seen MSEP (at least that I can remember), MMM is our second favorite fireworks show (and the only one I haven't satisfactorily photographed....mmmm, awesome perimeter bursts), ToT is one of our favorite attractions, and being in DAK late(r) at night is a dream come true.

Definitely something I wasn't expecting, but am now pleasantly surprised about--scratch that; it downplays my reaction--I am giddy!

wdwfan22

I've seen it a couple times in person and MMM is great, but I consider them two totally different shows. Wishes to me is the essence of what the average person feels about WDW and is the perfect ending to a day at the MK. MMM is definitely grander than Wishes in terms of pyro, but it doesn't encompass the feeling of all WDW. I love both shows the same, but Wishes is the better fit to end the day in my opinion.

I could not agree with you more. Both shows are good, but Wishes is the better fit to end the day.

a2grafix

^^^

Well, it is "summer night-tastic" and it will be running through the summer months.

I guess we will learn more as the time period draws closer.

the-reason14

Dang, I was hoping for a permanent upgrade. I guess it must not be that great of an upgrade if theyre planning on just keeping it for the summer. But still, I have my expectations set on impress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom