MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

WDW1974

That's more of an opinion. Disney should always strive to bring new and exciting things to the parks and they should always be on the cutting edge of technology as well. But I absolutely believe there is plenty of room for nostalgia in the parks. The Epcot 25th Anniversary Exhibit was added ONLY for nostalgics and was very well done and really added to a lot of people's experience at that park. And to me, there was NO EXCUSE not to do something like that for the 25th. There should never be an absence of nostalgia for something that is as well loved as the Disney Parks are. The single best fireworks show in Disney Parks history (at least IMO) is Remember Dreams Come True and that was a nostalgic journey through the park.

There is room for everything to me.

Absolutely agree. I'm not sure if what I am trying to say is coming thru clearly.

There is nothing wrong with history and celebrating it (remember, I'm one of those who strongly feels Disney made a HUGE mistake in ignoring EPCOT's 25th for example).

My statement was more in regard to those who feel old attractions and shows should be brought back or that certain things (like say a parade or night show) are 'untouchable' or are more interested in retro merchandise than what made things in the past so memorable and why it is lacking today.

MSEP is a great example.

You can update it and still have the soul of the original. That's what TDL did.

EPCOT Explorer

Silly me! :rolleyes:

Yeah they seem to be kind of greedy I mean you have the be all end all, be happy people!

And RDCT, is going to there on the 17th, can you 1000% confirm that because you know I trust you?
I am pretty sure. :)

Absolutely agree. I'm not sure if what I am trying to say is coming thru clearly.

There is nothing wrong with history and celebrating it (remember, I'm one of those who strongly feels Disney made a HUGE mistake in ignoring EPCOT's 25th for example).

My statement was more in regard to those who feel old attractions and shows should be brought back or that certain things (like say a parade or night show) are 'untouchable' or are more interested in retro merchandise than what made things in the past so memorable and why it is lacking today.

MSEP is a great example.

You can update it and still have the soul of the original. That's what TDL did.
Exactly. I bet this is what they'll do to Spectromagic, too.

And hopefully RoE. :D

TalkingHead

Is the music going to be different than the 70s-80s soundtrack? Someone at another site said it won't be the classic soundtrack...anyone know what the music was like for the DCA parade or how it differed from the original score?

WDW1974

I have a strong feeling that the reason they are doing this is to manage the crowds for World of Color at DCA. Without the Electrical Parade to worry about it would be easier operations-wise to get organized for World of Color.

Well, I'm a cynical Spirit ... but I think it was done for the same reason everything is: $$$.

First, Disney cut the 55th daytime parade and saved a bundle. Now, they ship MSEP to FLA and market the hell out of it and they have a cheap solution to the staleness vibe and get some older folks who have fond memories of it to say nice things.

With WoC opening, it seems obvious TDA and Burbank has decided that Disney only needs that, Fantasmic and pyro (and who knows? they may have a new show coming to DL this summer too!:))

But I can tell you for a fact the plan was for the parade to return to DL for the 55th.

djkidkaz

Off topic, but I never understood the concept of "once in a lifetime trip." It would only be the case if the person just decided to never go back. No trip has to be once in a lifetime. Ain't like it's a trip to the moon, or something.:shrug:

I think its the idea that many people don't make return vacations to the same spot. We're bringing my new in-laws with us in May and we wanted them to see Spectro and Wishes and all that, so I was torn between wanting to show them all those great things that I've come to love over the years and my own selfishness to see MSEP, TOT upgrades and MMM. It seems nothing is changing until June so I don't have to worry about this, but I do understand the idea of "once in a lifetime".

SirGoofy

I think its the idea that many people don't make return vacations to the same spot. We're bringing my new in-laws with us in May and we wanted them to see Spectro and Wishes and all that, so I was torn between wanting to show them all those great things that I've come to love over the years and my own selfishness to see MSEP, TOT upgrades and MMM. It seems nothing is changing until June so I don't have to worry about this, but I do understand the idea of "once in a lifetime".

MMM is better than Wishes, anyway.:wave:

WDW1974

Off topic, but I never understood the concept of "once in a lifetime trip." It would only be the case if the person just decided to never go back. No trip has to be once in a lifetime. Ain't like it's a trip to the moon, or something.:shrug:

I don't get that either.

Unless it's a trip for someone who is terminal and only has days/weeks to live, it's a poor excuse thrown out there.

I travel extensively and love going to new places. But I always return to old faves whether they are Disney parks, NYC, Vegas, St. John, Hawaii, Paris, Yosemite etc ... why anyone would say "I'm going to go to EPCOT once in my life during a week in February 2010 and never return'' is beyond my very limited reasoning abilities. :ROFLOL:

SirGoofy

In your opinion....:lol:

No. You've never seen it. MMM completely blows Wishes away. Like, drops a nuclear bomb on it, and shoots it's ashes into the sun. I first saw MMM when I still semi-liked Wishes, and seeing it completely destroyed my view on what a fireworks show should be.

I was literally left with my mouth gaping open. It's a spectacle.

WDW1974

There is certainly that type of outlook here in England amongst quite a lot of people. There are some who can maybe afford to get to the USA and do WDW once, but not a second time, or at least for a very long time.

As much as we need and appreciate those tourist dollars, if I lived in the UK and was going to take a 'Disney' vacation, I'd be hopping on the train and heading to DLP.

nemofinder22

Is the music going to be different than the 70s-80s soundtrack? Someone at another site said it won't be the classic soundtrack...anyone know what the music was like for the DCA parade or how it differed from the original score?

When Electrical Parade started in 2009 for DLR's Summer Nightastic! the soundtrack is very similar if not the same as Tokyo's Disneyland's Dream Lights.

Heres a listen at them.
[youtube]3Oh4kx_OEIA[/youtube]

[youtube]s1NQqUxptxI[/youtube]

hmmm well maybe putting the 2 videos side by side isnt the best idea I mean look how amazing Dream Lights looks!

EPCOT Explorer

I don't get that either.

Unless it's a trip for someone who is terminal and only has days/weeks to live, it's a poor excuse thrown out there.

I travel extensively and love going to new places. But I always return to old faves whether they are Disney parks, NYC, Vegas, St. John, Hawaii, Paris, Yosemite etc ... why anyone would say "I'm going to go to EPCOT once in my life during a week in February 2010 and never return'' is beyond my very limited reasoning abilities. :ROFLOL:
Well, it all depends on $$$, doesn't it?:lol: Maybe they have the money to only go once. Or a few times over a long stretch of time.

No. You've never seen it. MMM completely blows Wishes away. Like, drops a nuclear bomb on it, and shoots it's ashes into the sun. I first saw MMM when I still semi-liked Wishes, and seeing it completely destroyed my view on what a fireworks show should be.

I was literally left with my mouth gaping open. It's a spectacle.

I know, but I do have the soundtrack for both, and I do prefer Wishes. We shall see, though, I am greatly anticipating MMM. Should be amazing.

WDW1974

I've still got very good reason to believe it's MMM - hopefully come June we'll find out that it is :)

Me too.

But it is weird they wouldn't just say it. Unless they're going to go with it, but substantially alter it (which would suck because the show is awesome).

djkidkaz

MMM is better than Wishes, anyway.:wave:

I've seen it a couple times in person and MMM is great, but I consider them two totally different shows. Wishes to me is the essence of what the average person feels about WDW and is the perfect ending to a day at the MK. MMM is definitely grander than Wishes in terms of pyro, but it doesn't encompass the feeling of all WDW. I love both shows the same, but Wishes is the better fit to end the day in my opinion.

steener618

This is extremely exciting news. Having seen MMM twice in person, all I have to say is SWEET!!! What a breathtaking fireworks display!!! Good choice for the summer.

I am also psyched about MSEP...I cant tell you the number of times I've listened to the soundtrack hoping MK would bring it back. I cannot wait to see this again.

Very cool to see perimeters and special ROE finales. Cant wait!

Now if only DHS would do something as well. If Disney annouced they would perform the classic "Sorcery in the Sky" fireworks at DHS, I would go bananas. I loved that show...my all-time favorite classic display.

This is exciting. I'll be down in July; cannot wait to see this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom