MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

_Scar

There isn't enough to do to fill DAK's regular hours as is.:shrug:

I can switch off between PW, Dino, Kali, and EE. I really love the atmosphere at night, too. Maybe I'm weird but DAK @ night was my favorite time during my last vacation and my family all agrees it was their favorite night too. :lol:

Also, on topic....

On Disney Parks Blog they say

There’s plenty more planned and we’ll have more details in upcoming weeks but we wanted to tell you what we knew first on The Disney Parks Blog. Check back here for more.

:lookaroun Dragon, anyone?

HMF

It is the electric parade from disneyland and the blog answered me with first week in june as a start date.
I have a strong feeling that the reason they are doing this is to manage the crowds for World of Color at DCA. Without the Electrical Parade to worry about it would be easier operations-wise to get organized for World of Color.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Going down in mid-May. Looks like I'm going to just miss all this stuff. :( Sounds great though!

I'm heading down the end of May. And will not have an opportunity to return until this fall. Oh well, at least the new restaurants in Mexico and Italy will be open.....:(

Lee

Adventurer
I have a strong feeling that the reason they are doing this is to manage the crowds for World of Color at DCA. Without the Electrical Parade to worry about it would be easier operations-wise to get organized for World of Color.
Excellent point.
DCA will have seen the last of MSEP. No way to run it and WoC, too.
TDA suits are already having night sweats about crowd control for WoC. Having to manage a parade at the same time would just be impossible.

sponono88

true. they will probably need all guest control cms at the WoC viewing area.. having to deal with parade crowds on top of that would be a nightmare, especially since the parade travels close to that area.

cdunbar

Spectro is MK's classic. Don't replace it :fork:

:lookaroun
Spectro, freaks me out...:lookaroun

that someone would be WDWMagic himself
AKA Steve! :lol:
If Spectro stays, it needs to be dramatically updated with new floats and characters. Even the MSEP was refreshed over the years. Spectro has remained essentially the same, unless you count swapping Roger Rabbit with the Genie.
No more creepy men in space suits? :lookaroun

Sweet I get a ball!
:brick:

Excellent point.
DCA will have seen the last of MSEP. No way to run it and WoC, too.
TDA suits are already having night sweats about crowd control for WoC. Having to manage a parade at the same time would just be impossible.
Hell they're having night sweats what about the people, I know people that are going and this is going to be a once in a lifetime trip so they're stressing whether or not they'll even get to see it...:shrug:

true. they will probably need all guest control cms at the WoC viewing area.. having to deal with parade crowds on top of that would be a nightmare, especially since the parade travels close to that area.
It'd be nightmaretastic....sorry it was there and I just had to go for it....:D

nemofinder22

Oh- and isn't Nightastic a pun on Fantasmic?! No new dragon?! ?

Pretty much yes, course we all know what happened to the dragon:rolleyes:, it seemed to be a good way to tie in all of the Fantasmic! upgrades. Course though this year its all about World of Color.

About MSEP, is the Dumbo unit also going to be used again? when Electrical Parade came back last year at DCA, the whole Dumbo unit was missing, instead Snow and Pinocchio returned and with the pixie dust trails.

Lee

Adventurer
I know people that are going and this is going to be a once in a lifetime trip so they're stressing whether or not they'll even get to see it...:shrug:
Off topic, but I never understood the concept of "once in a lifetime trip." It would only be the case if the person just decided to never go back. No trip has to be once in a lifetime. Ain't like it's a trip to the moon, or something.:shrug:

cdunbar

Off topic, but I never understood the concept of "once in a lifetime trip." It would only be the case if the person just decided to never go back. No trip has to be once in a lifetime. Ain't like it's a trip to the moon, or something.:shrug:
That's true Lee, very true! :ROFLOL:

Expo_Seeker40

there were rumors that the blue fairy float would return, but would be placed next to the pinocchio float since tinker bell now leads the way.....haven't heard anything on dumbo returning....but would love to see it return

maybe they can make the orange bird the official master of ceremonies for summer nighttastic :lookaroun

nemofinder22

there were rumors that the blue fairy float would return, but would be placed next to the pinocchio float since tinker bell now leads the way.....haven't heard anything on dumbo returning....but would love to see it return

maybe they can make the orange bird the official master of ceremonies for summer nighttastic :lookaroun

DL rumors say that the Blue Fairy float was destroyed around the same time Parade of Dreams was back in Oct 2009.

Looks like Tink will once again lead, as the pixie trail starts with her and goes to all the floats except the Alice bugs and Elliot.
http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewPressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=114533
With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneylandand marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

There is certainly that type of outlook here in England amongst quite a lot of people. There are some who can maybe afford to get to the USA and do WDW once, but not a second time, or at least for a very long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom