MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

jt04

I don't. And I LOVE MSEP.

Disney isn't supposed to be about nostalgia for old attractions and parades.

Is it really that tough to create something new and exciting?

On another subject, I wonder what this means for Anaheim.

The 55th Anniversary parade was supposedly killed, MSEP was rumored to be headed over there. Clearly, that isn't happening.

Is the 55th largely going to be WoC at DCA (which is nine, not 55)?

My understanding is they feel they have overdone the "anniversary" angle. Especially those that end with the number 5. Zero's however....

It's plain that WDW is gearing up for the 40th and then the FLE phases in the years after. All of this news has to be viewed from the perspective that the FLE walls just went up, NextGen :)lookaroun) is on the way and it's still possible we have not seen the actual potter swatter. For all the fretting and fussing, whining and carping that goes on here, the plan for WDW systematically unfolds exactly as it was intended to.

They must spend their days laughing at the d&g's knowing exactly what is likely to be as this stuff gets planned with substantial lead times. And Mermaid is underway in conjunction with the DCA construction although just a bit behind by design. Exactly as I figured it would happen. Why? Because advanced planning, budgets, common sense and long lead times dictated it should be engineered that way.

It's obvious to me that the tide has turned, the pendulum has swung back and that was what was planned for awhile now. They just had to plug some bigger leaks to keep the ship afloat. They can't be stopped now. The attempt to scuttle the ship and sell it for scrap was a major............

........FAIL.:lol:

OK, I'm outta metaphors. Goodnight everybody! :snore:

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testtrack321
We're getting a new fireworks show, an updated old parade, longer park hours (we needed a press conference for this), and an update to an attraction that's so easy to update they've done it 4 times before without closing it.

This is underwhelming.

Take your ball and go home

So, the only acceptable opinion is that this is uber-kewl and TDO loves the fans and respects Disney's legacy?

Um ... I don't think so.

mpaul32001

I'm going to miss Spectromagic, but I don't think I ever saw the Electrical Parade, so maybe I'll be impressed.

Here's my guess...and this is my guess, keep that in mind.

Electrical Parade will stay until the 40th while Spectromagic is updated and enhanced.

When the 40th comes, the Electrical Parade will go to Disneyland Park, and Spectromagic will debut in it's new enhanced form.

This story would make sense to me because money has been spent on enhancing Spectromagic already, hence the new Spectromen Costumes, and LED fireworks on the finale floats, and don't forget another promotion idea for the 40th Anniversary.

_Scar

AHH! They're actually EXTENDING DAK's hours?! This is great news!!! Now I don't have to plan my vacation schedule around DAK's EMH x)

Hope to see an enhanced version of Spectro back for the 40th. After all, Spectro really represents the MK nighttime entertainment, not MSEP.

raven

When you see the smallest Disney resort in the world put on major new seasonal events all the time (Chinese New Year's right now), it puts into perspective what Disney is or isn't doing in O-Town.

By the way, Epcot will be honoring the Chinese New Year this Sunday in the China pavilion.

If it's MMM,why did they say it was a new show?

They didn't say it was MMM, someone here did.

tirian

I don't. And I LOVE MSEP.

Is it really that tough to create something new and exciting?

On another subject, I wonder what this means for Anaheim.

The 55th Anniversary parade was supposedly killed, MSEP was rumored to be headed over there. Clearly, that isn't happening.

Is the 55th largely going to be WoC at DCA (which is nine, not 55)?

I'm an MSEP fanboy. I confess. We KNOW they aren't going to give us a new night parade anytime soon. If it comes down to Spectro or MSEP until a new night parade finally illuminates the MK, I'd rather keep the updated MSEP. Spectro has run uninterrupted for about a decade.

_Scar

I'm an MSEP fanboy. I confess. We KNOW they aren't going to give us a new night parade anytime soon. If it comes down to Spectro or MSEP until a new night parade finally illuminates the MK, I'd rather keep the updated MSEP. Spectro has run uninterrupted for about a decade.

Spectro is MK's classic. Don't replace it :fork:

:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

Well, this little Nightastic announcement was a pleasant surprise! :lol:

Nice to see things added/improved as opposed to cut. :sohappy:

dxwwf3

That's more of an opinion. Disney should always strive to bring new and exciting things to the parks and they should always be on the cutting edge of technology as well. But I absolutely believe there is plenty of room for nostalgia in the parks. The Epcot 25th Anniversary Exhibit was added ONLY for nostalgics and was very well done and really added to a lot of people's experience at that park. And to me, there was NO EXCUSE not to do something like that for the 25th. There should never be an absence of nostalgia for something that is as well loved as the Disney Parks are. The single best fireworks show in Disney Parks history (at least IMO) is Remember Dreams Come True and that was a nostalgic journey through the park.

There is room for everything to me.

tirian

Spectro is MK's classic. Don't replace it :fork:

:lookaroun

If Spectro stays, it needs to be dramatically updated with new floats and characters. Even the MSEP was refreshed over the years. Spectro has remained essentially the same, unless you count swapping Roger Rabbit with the Genie.

SirGoofy

Your entire post is true, but I pulled out these four parts because they also support my view.

No, Nightastic is not a strong way to combat Harry Potter, and it's something that should have happened years ago. Normal (non-fanboy) Guests won't see this as competition to Potter World. But it's still great to see that Disney is spending unnecessary money to do an unnecessary promotion at their cash cow. As several of us have said, this is how WDW was for over twenty years; it's the latest generation of fans that don't know better. Even though I don't believe TDO has changed its MO, I'm happy to see that somebody in some level of leadership decided WDW needed an old-fashioned seasonal enhancement.

Basically my views on the subject. Something to be happy and excited about, but not the reinvention of the wheel.

:ROFLOL:
Hahahahhahahahhahaha....*gasp*...hahahahahahaha........no.:rolleyes:

This will in no way counter Potter. All this will be nice for the WDW guests, but it really won't generate many extra turnstile clicks. (Hmmmm...kinda like the Fantasyland expansion....)

Come on, Lee! Everyone knows Potter isn't going to be that great anyway!:rolleyes:

AHH! They're actually EXTENDING DAK's hours?! This is great news!!! Now I don't have to plan my vacation schedule around DAK's EMH x)

There isn't enough to do to fill DAK's regular hours as is.:shrug:

dxwwf3

There isn't enough to do to fill DAK's regular hours as is.:shrug:

You can add re-riding EE, Kali, and Primeval Whirl at night because they are all very different experiences once the sun goes down. Not to mention just walking around the park at night is such a joy. I never run out of things to do at AK, especially at night.

SirGoofy

You can add re-riding EE, Kali, and Primeval Whirl at night because they are all very different experiences once the sun goes down. Not to mention just walking around the park at night is such a joy. I never run out of things to do at AK, especially at night.

Oh, I love walking around DAK at night. But I loathe Kali and PW(I find it to be painful as hell), and none of the animal trails are open.

I do agree about everest, though. At night it goes from a decent attraction to a great attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom