MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

Exprcoofto

Would have loved some upgrades to Fantasmic & Illuminations, so they could advertise enhancements for night time entertain at all the parks (except AK).

raven

These are things they SHOULD be doing. I don't know if we're used to being treated badly that once they announce something, anything, we freak out and say TDO is spending tons of money.

I'm not asking for Beastly Kingdome here, nor am I demanding Horizons 2.0, a new JII, or whatever else was rumored. But statements like mickeysaver and others have been posting are confusing to me. We're getting an already developed fireworks show, some new effects in a ride that's been easily updated, some longer park hours in the summer (which always happens), and an updated parade that bounces park to park.

TDO didn't descend from the heavens, giving us life, water, and admission. They gave us what they should have been doing all along.

But maybe I'm just cranky from seeing DLR get all this new "stuff" under less pomp and circumstance.

For years fans on these boards have been saying "I'll take fixing up the current parks before they add another one." Well now that's it's happening they're not happy. Figures.

jakeman

We're getting an already developed fireworks show, some new effects in a ride that's been easily updated, some longer park hours in the summer (which always happens), and an updated parade that bounces park to park.
We are getting 70 nights of perimeter fireworks.

Some new effects in a ride.

Longer park hours at the park with the traditionally shortest hours.

A parade that is coming back with additions that WDW guest haven't seen before.

Hello glass? Why yes, you are half full...

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
These are things they SHOULD be doing. I don't know if we're used to being treated badly that once they announce something, anything, we freak out and say TDO is spending tons of money.

I'm not asking for Beastly Kingdome here, nor am I demanding Horizons 2.0, a new JII, or whatever else was rumored. But statements like mickeysaver and others have been posting are confusing to me. We're getting an already developed fireworks show, some new effects in a ride that's been easily updated, some longer park hours in the summer (which always happens), and an updated parade that bounces park to park.

TDO didn't descend from the heavens, giving us life, water, and admission. They gave us what they should have been doing all along.

But maybe I'm just cranky from seeing DLR get all this new "stuff" under less pomp and circumstance.

Exactly, these are things that they SHOULD be doing, but haven't done in quite a long time. Its exciting to think that we could possibly be heading back to a time when entertainment is added rather than taken away. I think that mostly that's what we're seeing in this thread- excitement about a glimmer of hope that things are returning to the way they should be. Call me a fanboi if you want, but personally, I don't see anything wrong with that! :ROFLOL:

Horizons1

Exactly, these are things that they SHOULD be doing, but haven't done in quite a long time. Its exciting to think that we could possibly be heading back to a time when entertainment is added rather than taken away. I think that mostly that's what we're seeing in this thread- excitement about a glimmer of hope that things are returning to the way they should be. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that!

Well I wouldn't get too excited that these things are going to stay. Obviously this is just a counter to Harry Potter at Universal. The main thing is to enjoy this now, this may not last if HP doesn't pull the expected.

Next Big Thing

Steve, im finding it very hatd to believe that mmm will be the fireworks show when pretty much everyone on twitter is saying it will NOT be mmm and will be a new fireworks show. I've heard it will the theme of the show will be celebrating.

Also, ive heard there will be several other small things regarding summer nightastic going on all throught the resort.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve, im finding it very hatd to believe that mmm will be the fireworks show when pretty much everyone on twitter is saying it will NOT be mmm and will be a new fireworks show. I've heard it will the theme of the show will be celebrating.

I don't listen to Twitter, because in many cases, it's people who don't know what they are talking about doing Chiense whispers ;) From what I understand they were told at the media event it's a new show. It is new in that it's never been performed during regular park hours before - only as a hard ticket event.

Why create a new show when you have probaly the most well received firework show in MK history sitting there all programmed and ready to roll?

My source on this has never been wrong, and I have no reason to doubt what I've been told. Until we see that it isn't MM&M come June, I'm sticking to my story that it's MM&M :) I'm not one of these Disney site owners with a massive ego - so I'll happily admit I'm wrong come June if it isn't MM&M.

mickeysaver

But statements like mickeysaver and others have been posting are confusing to me. We're getting an already developed fireworks show, some new effects in a ride that's been easily updated, some longer park hours in the summer (which always happens), and an updated parade that bounces park to park.

Since you singled me out due to my excitement, I will take the time to explain why. Yes, I realize that MMM is a recycle, but I haven't seen it. I have wanted to see it live and in person ever since saw it and got major goose bumps when I watched it on YouTube. I am a fireworks junkie, sorry. As for the tweaks to ToT, I love this ride, it's my favorite of all of the rides and anything that they want to do to plus the experience, I am totally on board with. As for the recycled parade, MSEP, I haven't seen it in so many years, it will be new to me. The later park hours are a necessity and nothing new in the summer months, that I am not too thrilled about, but you know, we are adults with no kids so we will be out there enjoying them.

Why did the announcements of the day thrill me? I am just excited to see that instead of cut, cut, cut, they are actually trying to provide the guests with something that will make a trip to WDW an experience that is beyond what the other guys can provide. Trust me, I was super ticked off at how the parks looked in December. :mad: :lookaroun I was actually not that thrilled about going back in December...it pains me to say that. :(

TDO could have just gone on with the status quo and extended park hours and done nothing new or even recycled new and people would have still gone. With the new and the recycled new, some of us will go out of our way to go down to enjoy it. FYI-We will most likely book at a Deluxe, but we may book a Moderate, due to the increased room rates and dog boarding rates during the summer. At any rate, Disney will still be getting my business and hopefully, they will give us some of that magic that we felt was missing in December....sort of a belated Christmas in August offering. :lol:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Well I wouldn't get too excited that these things are going to stay. Obviously this is just a counter to Harry Potter at Universal. The main thing is to enjoy this now, this may not last if HP doesn't pull the expected.

There aren't any plans for the additions to stay, but if they are well recieved (meaning bring in $$) who knows what we may see added later on. Maybe come August we'll see entertainment and budgets being slashed again but maybe not. We will only know when the time comes, its fun to speculate- not sure where the harm is in that. :shrug:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I don't listen to Twitter, because in many cases, it's people who don't know what they are talking about doing Chiense whispers ;) From what I understand they were told at the media event it's a new show. It is new in that it's never been performed during regular park hours before - only as a hard ticket event.

Why create a new show when you have probaly the most well received firework show in MK history sitting there all programmed and ready to roll?

My source on this has never been wrong, and I have no reason to doubt what I've been told. Until we see that it isn't MM&M come June, I'm sticking to my story that it's MM&M :)

Sounds good to me:sohappy:

Next Big Thing

My source on this has never been wrong, and I have no reason to doubt what I've been told. Until we see that it isn't MM&M come June, I'm sticking to my story that it's MM&M :) I'm not one of these Disney site owners with a massive ego - so I'll happily admit I'm wrong come June if it isn't MM&M.

Hopefully you're right. I've never seen MMM so I would love for it to be the summer fireworks show.

Expo_Seeker40

so the Disneyland Electrical parade began at Disneyland, ended in 1996...went to the MK from 99-01....then went to DCA in 2001 and now will be at the MK in 2010

The MK electrical parade ended in 1991/2 then went to Disneyland Paris.....Disneyland Paris stopped using the parade when they got fantillusion from tokyo disneyland.

Tokyo disneyland had their own electrical parade....then had fantillusion....gave that to Paris....then took their shuttered electrical parade and turned it into dream lights.

Hong Kong Disneyland doesn't have an electrical parade, but may get the no longer used one from disneyland paris, which was thee electrical parade originally shown at the MK.

:hammer:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
so the Disneyland Electrical parade began at Disneyland, ended in 1996...went to the MK from 99-01....then went to DCA in 2001 and now will be at the MK in 2010

The MK electrical parade ended in 1991/2 then went to Disneyland Paris.....Disneyland Paris stopped using the parade when they got fantillusion from tokyo disneyland.

Tokyo disneyland had their own electrical parade....then had fantillusion....gave that to Paris....then took their shuttered electrical parade and turned it into dream lights.

Hong Kong Disneyland doesn't have an electrical parade, but may get the no longer used one from disneyland paris, which was thee electrical parade originally shown at the MK.

:hammer:

LOL yeah the cycle of these parades is amazing. The MSEP just cannot be killed by conventional weapons. It goes on, and on, and on.

tirian

LOL yeah the cycle of these parades is amazing. The MSEP just cannot be killed by conventional weapons. It goes on, and on, and on.

I hope the MSEP stays longer than just summertime. I wouldn't mind seeing this become a "temporary" addition for a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom