Most Annoying Guest Behavior

Robin Of Loxley

I have noticed that it is the bigger family groups who bring grandma/grandpa, aunts and uncles to "help" with the kids that are the ones that are too caught up talking to each other to pay attention to the kids.
I'm sorry, but I just could not travel like this. Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly. But I simply could not travel in a large herd and enjoy my vacation at the same time. I like my vacations to be simple, calm, and with just future Mrs. Of Loxley & myself...not The Clampetts Go To Maui.

Okay, now that's outta my system, back to topic. What annoys me the most? Probably littering & line jumping are my two biggest grinders of gears. Any civilized person over the age of 4 should know better for both offenses. There is just no excuse.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm just curious, for all the people who talk about "people who ram others with strollers," how do you feel about the folks on this thread who say they "push through people who stop suddenly and block traffic?"

So if I have a stroller and you stop in front of me and block traffic, THEN is it ok to ram my way through?
My parents had to push a stroller for 12 years, first 6 years with me and then 6 with my brother. I know how it goes and would never do that.
I only say this because, as a dad with 2 little girls, I found myself constantly on the OTHER side of the stroller debate: People would actually cut me and my daughter off from my wife, or refuse to let me by now matter how politely I said "excuse me"

I once had a guy almost knock the stroller OVER with my 2 year old daughter in it because we were in his way.

not trying to make a case for those who drive recklessly, or purposely use the stroller as a weapon...but some people have been HORRIBLE to us no matter how careful considerate or polite we are. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that some of them did so BECAUSE we had a stroller, and people with strollers in Disney are looked upon with disdain....
I don't really think it's because you have a stroller. Honestly, it's a me-first attitude with many people today where they don't give a darn about everyone else. That's why you get people who jump out in front or your stroller...and people who use their strollers to push your way through the crowd. Honestly, my parents had a stroller for 12 years, and I don't recall them ever saying that they were looked upon with disdain because of a stroller. Strollers are a necessity when you have kids

Disneydreamer23

I have to agree to the giving seats up thing. I remember going to MK from Carribean beach and being 8 months preg and I was HUGE and it was clear I was Pg and No one got up and I was so nauseous I remember I thought how rude~

Minnie1976

There is a fair amount that annoys me, with many already been said so I will not repeat those. However, one moment does stick out in my mind. It was New Years Eve at MK so yes, it was very busy, but still this was not acceptable…my sister was in a wheel chair at the time recovering from abdominal surgery and while waiting for the fireworks, a mom pushes right up next to us and proceeds to put her daughter on my sisters lap as if she was a bench! Now in this case nothing needed to be said because my sister screamed in pain but if she had not, I think my dad would have had the lady's head!

On the note of people not offering up seats etc- I have had it happen to me when I clearly has a foot cast on, which whatever didn't really bother me as I went the entire trip with no wheel chair but reading about how some people look fine but really do need to sit has gotten me thinking ahead to my upcoming trip as I have
recently been diagnosed with an 'invisible disease' and after a day in the parks it may be difficult for me to stand on the bus back. We shall see though, like my foot cast, I will probably just tough it out.

On our last trip we had 3 small children and a double and single stroller. When we would see that my daughter-in-law or I had to stand holding a child, we would let people go ahead and load the bus. It was easier to wait for the next bus and be 1st to load. My son would usually stand and take care of the strollers. There was no way I could stand with a child in my arms. Even today the child I took care of at night stills says, she was mine because she was the lightest. HA! HA!

jaklgreen

I'm sorry, but I just could not travel like this. Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly. But I simply could not travel in a large herd and enjoy my vacation at the same time. I like my vacations to be simple, calm, and with just future Mrs. Of Loxley & myself...not The Clampetts Go To Maui.

Okay, now that's outta my system, back to topic. What annoys me the most? Probably littering & line jumping are my two biggest grinders of gears. Any civilized person over the age of 4 should know better for both offenses. There is just no excuse.

We are the same. At most is hubby, our 2 kids, and me traveling. Sometimes it is just the kids and me if hubby can't get off of work. The extended family is just too different to be able to enjoy a vacation together.

Pocahontas

people with BO in the lines...that is all...sorry if this offends people with chronic BO. :)
It's understandable, though. Walking through a theme park all day in 90 degree weather with a child on your back - I wouldn't expect somebody to be smelling like roses.

Brer Josh

Original Poster
Was at Hollywood Studios today... and on VOTLM they said like four seperate times please no flash photography and sure enough the first scene the flashes start - its an absolute nightmare that needs to be stopped and examples be made of.

But there was some karma. Had some South Americans cut in the line in the holding area/room and were made to move all the way to the end. They were not very happy but I couldn't help but smile and do a little fistpump.

More than a few times groups have just refused to move down rows unless directed by CMs - every selfish moron is guilty of this.

Jrn14

I hate when you're in a 45 minute line and a kids stops to tie their shoe, a couple takes a quick photo, or some gets a drink from a water fountain and the people behind them try to rush a head of them because a 3 foot gap formed for 10 seconds. ..You can wait 30 seconds the line isn't going anywhere just relax you will get on the ride at the same time.

Todd L

The guy who shows up two minutes before parade time and tell his kids to push in around me and my family who have been waiting for 45 minutes .....Im the nicest guy in the world and will Always offer my seat to a kid but man...

People cursing out loud in front of my kids......

People who put towels down on pool chairs and disappear for hours....

Cell phones have really become a point of contention in every day life but somehow listening to a woman yell at her husband over finances while waiting in que for a ride just Really drives me nuts ...some people have No shame!

jaklgreen

I also forgot: kids who are ill behaved and just scream without their parents doing something to curb the behavior.

I have a story about this. Years ago when my girls were 2&3 years old, I took them solo to WDW. We were on the bus back to the resort at night and of course it was full. The 3 of us were sharing 2 seats and my oldest started to cry and whine a bit. I told her to stop and of course that did not work and she was getting louder. So I grabbed the front of her shirt, pulled her closer to me and said in a quiet voice "knock it off". She knew I meant business and she stopped. She was only tired and cranky like the rest of us. My grabbing her shirt did not hurt her at all but it did get her attention. Well, some know it all lady(who probably did not have kids, I did not see any with her) stated loudly that "some people should not have kids" because I grabbed my kids shirt, evidently that made me a bad mom, but I guess letting your kids scream on a crowded bus for no reason is good parenting to her.

Robin Of Loxley

I've only had one instance where I almost fussed out a fellow guest. It was when I was on my CP and my then boyfriend was visiting for the week. We were watching the MSEP in Town Square and this brat trots up behind him and proceeds to stick her arm (with a camera) out beside his face to take pictures. I turned and gave her and her mom the meanest death glare I've ever given. Sorry sweetie, we claimed our from row spot thirty minutes ago. Don't expect me to give it to you. :)
That's when I would reach for said camera and claim me a souvenir. If it's invading my personal bubble...it's officially mine.

Of course I would give it back (I'm not that cruel), but it would certainly get the point across to keep your personal items out of my face.

Pocahontas

572c77e026a6830372731211de9a4497cbe2794c2f5ac532a157b3cde100db0c.jpg
When is it not?

whoiscliffwang

Some D.B. with a Gopro mounted on a ski pole decided to film during wishes. I wanted to take that gopro and shove it up his......... It was such a distraction. 2 Minutes into the show, the family in front of me puts their daughter on the fathers shoulder, completely blocking my view...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom